Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 16, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
cstramaglia
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 322340
Default 2006 impreza 2.5i sohc p0304

i'm driving across country in my 2006 impreza 2.5 sohc. it has had a small oil leak in the head gasket for quite some time,now. However, I have made it from CT, all the way to WY. I just got in my car to pick up some oil from Walmart; on the return trip from Walmart to the hotel my car started sputtering and skipping at idle. It then produced the code P0304, which is for a misfire on cylinder 4. In researching this I've read it could be any of the following: valve cover gasket; spark plug grommet; bad gas; and the difference in altitude. Do you think it's safe to continue to drive the car or should I go to the stealership locate 45 miles away from my hotel my hotel I'm currently at. I put some prestone fuel injector cleaner with the recommendation of an advance auto employee in WY, but I'm not too confident with him saying, "Just run this on a full tank of gas, and the next time you fill up put another bottle of prestone in the tank. This will clean all the oil out of the cylinder head." Please advise ASAP!

Thanks in advance,

Cristina
cstramaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links