Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 23, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
ptrout
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 68487
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
05 LGT
blue

Default (17+) Anyone know how to remove the eyesight trim ?

Trying to do the auto dimming mirror upgrade and instruction aren't exactly lining up. I was able to get to the two 8mm screws but cant get the trim down. Not sure if I missed a screw or not pushing at the right locations for the clips but diagram from kit not lining up at all.

Thanks

Update: figured it out, 17 eyesight trim is not one piece, dislodged sub-bracket holding dome light/starlink to main bracket. This exposed the wiring hardness, undid three connectors and main piece came out.

Last edited by ptrout; 03-24-2017 at 05:59 PM.
ptrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
drpoop
*** Banned ***

Member#: 421858
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza

You'll get more replies in audio, video, and security
drpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #3
scroller52
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 496429
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 WRX CVT
Dark Metallic Grey

Hey OP,

Any chance you got anymore details on removing the eyesight trim? I'm trying to add the auto dimming mirror upgrade also. Trying to figure out the steps before the mirror gets here.
scroller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM   #4
Halby-VA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498353

I just installed the auto-dimming mirror on a 19 Impreza with EyeSight. It was pretty straight forward. Here are the steps:

1. Pry off the small black trim with a plastic panel tool
2. Remove the 2 bolts with an 8mm socket (I used a 5/16 with no problem)
3. Pull down the plastic cover around the EyeSight Camera. Start on the front left side and just pull is down. Do the same on the front right side. Then pull down the rear portion plastic cover. The clips holding this piece in place all came out fairly easily without a lot of force. Then slide the whole assembly forward a bit and you have plenty of room to work with the wiring for the mirror.
4. I had small rattle after the install. I went back in and wrapped the mirror wiring with some foam insulation I had lying around (the kind used to seal a window or door) and that took care of the problem.

Here's a link to the install manual.
Halby-VA is offline   Reply With Quote