Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 10, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
Virusx86
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91703
Default Weird ECUTek Boost Solenoid problems

About a month ago I ran into a problem with the car not building full boost and tracked the problem down to the boost control solenoid not actuating correctly. After going over the whole system with a multimeter today I found that the solenoid will fire if given a chassis ground... indicating that the solenoid and relay are operating correctly. I tested every section of the circuit and found that the 12v signal form the relay is getting all the way to the B137 connector on the ECU (the circuit is complete), but the solenoid is still not being actuated. Strangely enough... with the b137 connector out, if the solenoid pin is connected directly to the ECU with a seperate wire the solenoid fires correctly, but with the entire plug connected it will not.

This is pretty baffling... it had been working fine for a few months before this happened and I have no idea what could have caused it (didn't change anything at all). Reset the ecu with the same results.

My car has an ECUTek tune on it, and I've contacted the people who tuned it to try and get help from them but figured a two front attack on the problem couldn't hurt. I know it's pretty crazy and obscure, but who knows :X

Thanks for your help guys.
Virusx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2005, 12:19 AM   #2
Virusx86
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91703

No ideas from anyone? The person who tuned my car didn't have any answers for me either (which was upsetting), telling me to get an aftermarket boost control system. Not really feeling like putting $300 in his pocket + tuning expenses because their product broke. I'm sure it's something simple. I heard the ECUTek can be switched into a low boost mode somehow? Maybe that's what the problem is, how would i switch it back?
Virusx86 is offline   Reply With Quote