Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday February 6, 2023
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-27-2004, 06:55 AM   #1
maaw
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 22398
Vehicle:
05 Mini Cooper S
RIP - 02 WRX

Default got a ride in my friends stage 2 yesterday, now ive got the modding itch.

Ive always told myself, my car is fast enough(02 wrx, zero engine mods, all suspension) and for all intents and purposes it is. Ive managed to get numerous tickets in it, I can usually pass whoever I want on the freeways/backroads. I tell myself, I dont wanna mod the engine so if anything ever happens to my drivetrain, its still under warranty. Blah blah blah blah blah.

All that went out the window yesterday. Got a ride in my friends car, hes got an 03 wrx, vf34, fuel rails, pump, re flashed ecus and no cats I think. I asked him if there was turbo lag, how he liked it. He just looked at me, said it was nice, and floored it. I think we got up to 60 or 70, but the amount of torque the thing had and the pushed back in your seat feel and I was like "oh ****, that was fast" granted, ive never sat in an sti(I refuse to, as my car may seem like a bus in comparison later). But I sat around in my car on the way home, thinking about how much it would be to get all that stuff used and put on the car and how soon I could do it. I realized if I sold my road bike, my car would be scary fast in about a week. Cant sell the road bike though, gotta start hoarding some paychecks instead. Maybe now would be a good time to start that savings account.

Now I know for sure I can never sit in an sti unless, ive got enough sitting around for a downpayment.
maaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2004, 09:18 AM   #2
Capt Crunch
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10852
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
Then : JDM Ver 7 STi
Now : E46 M3 / MKVI GTI

Don't sit in an sti or you will want the 6-speed. Now I have a ver 7 swap, but I've already rationalized it.
Capt Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:06 AM   #3
Jungdragon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39529
Vehicle:
03 wrx
black

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaw
I dont wanna mod the engine so if anything ever happens to my drivetrain, its still under warranty.
Don't worry m8! It won't be!
Luckily I don't get any rides in STIs or the like, or I would also be bitten worse by the mod bug.
Jungdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Yeah man, seriously, they can look at your suspension mods, say you abuse the car (and use your tire wear as "proof") and deny your drivetrain coverage.

Just mod your car. If they are going to deny it for light mods, they will deny it bone stock for "abuse"
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #5
Kharne
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 24726
Vehicle:
2006 Tacoma

I had a stage 2 WRX, and I just finished taking all that stuff off so that I can trade it in for an STi. I was (still am) happy with my car, but after the opportunity to buy an STi came about and I test drove one, I'd rather have the STi than continue to upgrade my car.

So if you think you'll want a new car soon, then I would say just enjoy what you have, and save the money that you would spend on mods to put towards a downpayment later on. But if you don't think you'll be able to get a new car, or don't want to spend that much money, then just mod your car now and have fun. My dealer is not mod-friendly, so I gave up worrying about any kind of drivetrain coverage once I got an exhaust and chip.
Kharne is offline   Reply With Quote