Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday April 2, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC > NESIC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
pwilk
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 95133
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default CT: Stock Midpipe (section with rear cat)

Looking to by a stock used midpipe. I need the section with the rear cat. A dealer gave me this PN, 44101FE040, but I'm not 100% sure its right.
pwilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
remotehuman
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (25)

Member#: 201995
Vehicle:
06 ings+1 STi
04 STi

that's not the mid pipe thats just the back cat section. your best bet is buying a complete cat downpipe off of someone for around $100 on here.

the part number you have is for the bottom pipe in this picture

Last edited by remotehuman; 08-21-2010 at 01:31 PM.
remotehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
remotehuman
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 ings+1 STi
04 STi

Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
pwilk
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

I guess I'm confused. Last week I started noticing an exhaust leak. So I put the car up on jackstands and started it up so I could crawl under and hear where it was. The leak seems to be coming from the part in the bottom of the photo. There is an O2 sensor in it.
Looking at the figure in this post I assumed it was the midpipe.

So your saying it'll be easier finding a downpipe+back cat combo? That would be the bottom and top components from your image. The one on the left is the uppipe, right?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
biebs96
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 238035
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:

in the picture above i have the pipe that is on the left. if thats what you need pm me, it will go for cheap too
biebs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
remotehuman
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 ings+1 STi
04 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilk View Post
I guess I'm confused. Last week I started noticing an exhaust leak. So I put the car up on jackstands and started it up so I could crawl under and hear where it was. The leak seems to be coming from the part in the bottom of the photo. There is an O2 sensor in it.
Looking at the figure in this post I assumed it was the midpipe.

So your saying it'll be easier finding a downpipe+back cat combo? That would be the bottom and top components from your image. The one on the left is the uppipe, right?
most people will consider those two cat pipes after the turbo the down pipe. On almost every instance that is the part that is taken off to replace with aftermarket catless or high flow cat pipes. It's easy to find the stock pipes together for cheap. The list price on that last pipe is $360 dollars, and I'm sure the dealer told you that, so you're best bet is to buy a used downpipe.

That being said, are you sure you don't just need a new gasket?

this is all the pieces of the exhaust:

and this is how you will normally find the two pieces after the turbo if buying on the forums:

hope that helps

Last edited by remotehuman; 08-22-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
pwilk
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

Yes indeed it does. I took the heat shields off this evening and found my problem. Not a hole in the cat but the weld just behind it. The weld is broken all the way around. The weld is to go from the body of the cat to a short (~3-4 inches) of straight pipe before going into the flange joint with the midpipe (section just after you circled).

At least I know what the problem is. Now to decide what to get to fix it...