Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
Capt Crunch
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10852
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
Then : JDM Ver 7 STi
Now : E46 M3 / MKVI GTI

Default HELP! I need to interface with my UTEC with Mac OSX

I'm leaving tuesday and my car still knocks when I floor it. TXS says my even though my gas says 93 octane it might not be good enough, so to be safe I should get their new lower octane map. Hopefully that will solve the problems.

I already have a serial to USB adaptor and I've downloaded two terminal programs with vt100 emulation or whatever. I can't figure it out. Could someone please post detailed step by step process with a particular program I could follow? I really need this done.

Thanks!
Capt Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2003, 07:27 PM   #2
Concillian
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4414
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Midnight Black

I don't know a whole lot about Macs, but in the absence of those who do, I may be able to help...

Some Mac OS X terminal programs can only deal with IP based targets (like connecting to servers over the internet). You don't want to do that, you need one that has an option of choosing a serial port. I think Zterm should work...

http://homepage.mac.com/dalverson/zterm/

On that site, pay special attention to the "why can't ZTerm talk to my device?" section

In the terminal setup program, can you see the serial port?

Can you setup the parameters for that port?

If so, you need to set the parameters to:
Baud Rate: 19200
Data: 8 bit
Parity: none
Stop: 1 bit
Flow control: none

If you can do that, then all else you should need to do is connect, then hit enter, and the UTEC menu should show up.
Concillian is offline   Reply With Quote