Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday June 30, 2022
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #1
tannerdc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 437133
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX Limited
WRB

Default Wiring and pointers

Good afternoon subie fam. I've got a couple things here. So when I wasn't working on the car this winter I picked up a couple retrofits. Headlights and mirrors. I have searched the forums here and other sites. I've got a 06 WRX. I want to put STI leveling headlights into the car. I have the headlights. Got a leveling switch. Not sure if anything else is needed to get them to work properly like a module or what not. Second is JDM folding mirrors. I have the mirrors and the folding mirror switch. I heard of people wiring them up to fold in when the car is off and fold out when turned on. Now I'm no wiring guru. The retrofit part will not be a problem. Any help with the process or pointers to look out for is much appreciated.
tannerdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:44 PM   #2
AceKingNYC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 406087
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 VF48 Wagon
WRB

So i wanted to wire up the leveling to work on my sti headlights too (also in an 06 wrx) - but i was having a tough time finding the harness that plugs into the headlights (for the motors) to wire back to the switch. iWire i believe has them, and can source them, or - you'd need an 06/07 sti main harness to separate the wiring to connect back to the switch. Since there are motors, there will obviously need to be some sort of power/ground somewhere in the wiring.

As for the power folding mirror, I have mine set to the switch only, not to open/fold when i lock/unlock the car. The wiring to the switch is very simple - it's 2 wires for each mirror - 1 wire is an "open" function to the switch, the other is a "close" function. You want to essentially wire the "open" function of each mirror together and run that to the "open" pin on the harness for the master switch on the diver's side. The same for the "close" function. If you look at the harness on the back of the master switch, you will see 2 empty slots where you can pin the wires in. I do not remember which pin is which but there are only 2 possible options.

Also, use a dremel to cut out the required space on the master switch panel to accommodate the folding button
AceKingNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:14 AM   #3
tannerdc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 437133
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX Limited
WRB

Thank you. I do have a switch for the mirrors with the folding button. Figured that would be the easiest. I also picked up a module that will fold and unfold the mirrors when the car is locked and unlocked. We will see how that turns out. I contacted iWire to see if there's anything else I'll need for the headlights. Hopefully its just some plugs and wires. Just hope there isn't another module needed.
tannerdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:20 PM   #4
enlarscom
*** Banned ***

Member#: 528560

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerdc View Post
Thank you. I do have a switch for the mirrors with the folding button. Figured that would be the easiest. I also picked up a module that will fold and unfold the mirrors when the car is locked and unlocked. We will see how that turns out. I contacted iWire to see if there
'
s anything else I'll need for the headlights. Hopefully its just some plugs and wires. Just hope there isn't another module needed.
Good idea!
enlarscom is offline   Reply With Quote