Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 22, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #76
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Ran out of fuel pump again, should have known just upping the voltage a bit was futile.

Made 681whp 617wtq, with about 40 more hp at 7500.

Radium dual pump hanger and walbro 450's on the way so we can up the boost to 40psi from 32psi.

Edit: I'm actually wondering if the fuel pump controller is ****ed up - still hitting 107% inj. duty with the1700x
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by PotatoFlakeSTi; 10-13-2021 at 12:12 PM.
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #77
user1029
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57064
Join Date: Mar 2004
Vehicle:
2008 STi IAG built
HTA86 E85 Kel272s Cos IM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoFlakeSTi View Post

Radium dual pump hanger and walbro 450's on the way so we can up the boost to 40psi from 32psi.
Aww yiss
user1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:50 PM   #78
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1029 View Post
Aww yiss
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:24 AM   #79
golf-2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 526978
Join Date: Oct 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoFlakeSTi View Post
Ran out of fuel pump again, should have known just upping the voltage a bit was futile.

Made 681whp 617wtq, with about 40 more hp at 7500.

Radium dual pump hanger and walbro 450's on the way so we can up the boost to 40psi from 32psi.

Edit: I'm actually wondering if the fuel pump controller is ****ed up - still hitting 107% inj. duty with the1700x
Hello,

good numbers , what is ur opinion or feedback of this turbo?? spool , quality

thanx
golf-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:43 AM   #80
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf-2 View Post
Hello,

good numbers , what is ur opinion or feedback of this turbo?? spool , quality

thanx
The spool on it is great, imo. Not lightning fast, but positive boost before 3.5k, 30+psi by 4k with an 8k rev limit works well for me.

Quality is spectacular - It's Garrett.

I've heard of some of the new G series having balance issues at high boost though.
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:04 PM   #81
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 508105
Join Date: Nov 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 Black WRX Wagon
VF39 + 4.44 5MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoFlakeSTi View Post
The spool on it is great, imo. Not lightning fast, but positive boost before 3.5k, 30+psi by 4k with an 8k rev limit works well for me.

Quality is spectacular - It's Garrett.

I've heard of some of the new G series having balance issues at high boost though.
What made you chose the G series over a comparable EFR like the 8374 or similar?

Don't get me wrong, I have a 3576 G2 in a box waiting to go on my car, and I know Garrett is God tier quality. But the more I look into the performance of rotated EFR with an EWG, the more I want to run a BW....

8+ year old EFR tech out performing the newest Garrett stuff in spool. Pretty crazy.
K3rm1tth3fr0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #82
PotatoFlakeSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi / 98 LSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3rm1tth3fr0g View Post
What made you chose the G series over a comparable EFR like the 8374 or similar?

Don't get me wrong, I have a 3576 G2 in a box waiting to go on my car, and I know Garrett is God tier quality. But the more I look into the performance of rotated EFR with an EWG, the more I want to run a BW....

8+ year old EFR tech out performing the newest Garrett stuff in spool. Pretty crazy.
Initially I was going to get a 3076 Gen2 when going rotated, and the new G series was just coming out when I blew up the Blouch 1.5 XT-R so that's the route I went.

That said, the G30 spools about the same as the 3076 g2 with the flow of the 3582r g2.

Edit: I did not do extensive research on the Precision/EFR options, other than compressor/turbine charts, and the G series seemed to perform similar with less chance of low RPM surge.
PotatoFlakeSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #83
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 508105
Join Date: Nov 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 Black WRX Wagon
VF39 + 4.44 5MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoFlakeSTi View Post
Initially I was going to get a 3076 Gen2 when going rotated, and the new G series was just coming out when I blew up the Blouch 1.5 XT-R so that's the route I went.

That said, the G30 spools about the same as the 3076 g2 with the flow of the 3582r g2.

Edit: I did not do extensive research on the Precision/EFR options, other than compressor/turbine charts, and the G series seemed to perform similar with less chance of low RPM surge.
Fair enough!

Was just curious your thought process regarding selection because I know everyone has G series fever these days and I see less and less EFRs.

What the big boy EFRs give up in raw spool they make up for in transient response with their custom turbine wheel tech.

I am considering selling my spoolinator kit for a rotated EFR B2 kit but we'll see.
K3rm1tth3fr0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:00 AM   #84
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366241
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: broward county, Florida
Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3rm1tth3fr0g View Post

8+ year old EFR tech out performing the newest Garrett stuff in spool. Pretty crazy.
My old ass jb 60-1 garrett spools like this as well. And thats a 15 year old design. It more or less comes down to the efficiency of all the supporting components ie header, rotated kit, IC volume not to mention the piping diameter. Garrett turbos are known for their reliability. Some turbos can perform better, but rarely do they last as long. The g series is meant to be really compact but have big compressor exducers iirc so sacrifices and compromises will be made to meet that goal.
silversurfer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:03 AM   #85
silversurfer05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366241
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: broward county, Florida
Vehicle:
2009 09 wrx delivery
Dgm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3rm1tth3fr0g View Post
Fair enough!

Was just curious your thought process regarding selection because I know everyone has G series fever these days and I see less and less EFRs.

What the big boy EFRs give up in raw spool they make up for in transient response with their custom turbine wheel tech.

I am considering selling my spoolinator kit for a rotated EFR B2 kit but we'll see.
The efr boys also have a 400 page thread because they need to troubleshoot everything that goes wrong with them lol
silversurfer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:00 AM   #86
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 508105
Join Date: Nov 2019
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2002 Black WRX Wagon
VF39 + 4.44 5MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer05 View Post
The efr boys also have a 400 page thread because they need to troubleshoot everything that goes wrong with them lol
That's down to IWG issues though. The chras are very stout from BW.

And there's no reason to fuss with IWG above 500whp imo. Just go ewg and be done.
K3rm1tth3fr0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.