Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
soulglo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 279317
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
wrb

Default 06 STi subframe and steering rack with 04 STi hubs and LCA's. Will it work?

What's up fellas. I have a 2002 WRX with 04 Sti 6 speed, hubs, axles, lca's and struts. I recently acquired a 2006 Sti front subframe, steering rack, steering column and hubs. I don't have the money to buy new rotors, wheels and struts so I'm gonna hold off on doing the hub swap as of now.

My question is, can I swap the subframe and steering rack and retain the 04 Sti hubs, LCA's and sway bar? Is the steering column different? Do I need to change it? Is there anything else I need to get?
soulglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
jamal
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71875

no problem at all.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
soulglo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 279317
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
wrb

I'm not gonna have a problem with alignment? Toe in or toe out? The LCA's will bolt up to the subframe? What about my motor mounts? Can I reuse them? They're pretty new. Lol. Is the steering column worth upgrading too?
soulglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
jamal
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71875

well, yeah you should check the toe after changing all that stuff out, but everything will bolt up just fine. 04 and 06 sti use the same LCAs. you have to use the 06 sti rack with the 06 subframe (they changed for 05), and it's little quicker so that's a plus. You should also use the sti linkage between the column and rack because it doesn't have a chunk of rubber in the middle of it.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote