Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday January 16, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2019, 07:58 AM   #1251
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 73805
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
Shonuff, just a puff of smoke or the occasional lucky cobweb
Yeah we know your puff of smoke..

No thatís not the juice. Itís our Tesla loving El NickSter spotted in the Wild urban jungle.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:23 AM   #1252
arghx7
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232940
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cold
Default

The Solarcity purchase was definitely a bailout. I think the solar business problems are a direct consequence of all the manufacturing problems the Model 3 had. It sucked up so many resources that not enough attention was paid to Solarcity. The question is what will happen after the factory in China gets online. Will Tesla devote resources to getting solar going again? It seems like launching the promised products (including solar roof) should take priority over building a factory in Europe.
arghx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #1253
Masterauto
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 198376
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Delaware
Vehicle:
18 Plans 3 pedal S
ACURA MDX

Default

Hybrid ? Plug in Hybrid or all electric battery ?
https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/econo...ntent=featured

Death of the Hybrid Vehicle: GM and Volkswagen Say Goodbye

GM and Volkswagen pulled the plug on hybrid cars. Ford and Toyota didn't.

Only 3% of sales are hybrids. Why bother?

With that hard to fault logic, GM and Volkswagen Pull the Plug on Hybrid Vehicles.

***8220;If I had a dollar more to invest, would I spend it on a hybrid? Or would I spend it on the answer that we all know is going to happen, and get there faster and better than anybody else?***8221; GM President Mark Reuss said in an interview.

GM***8217;s view contrasts with other auto-making giants, including Toyota Motor Corp. and Ford Motor Co. which are working on full electrics but also expanding their U.S. hybrid offerings. The differing strategies show a division within the auto industry over what is the best path to full electrification, as manufacturers pivot from their more than century-old reliance on gas-powered vehicles.

Last week, Continental AG, one of the world***8217;s biggest car-parts makers, said it would cut investment in conventional engine parts because of a faster-than-expected fall in demand***8212;yet another sign the industry is accelerating the shift to electric vehicles.

Hybrids, which were popularized by Toyota***8217;s Prius last decade as a social statement, accounted for about 3% of U.S. sales in 2018, according to research firm LMC Automotive.

Aggressively Chasing the 3% "Social Statement" Crowd

David Filipe, Ford***8217;s head of powertrain engineering. ***8220;We***8217;re going to be aggressively chasing this space of hybrids.***8221;

How can aggressively chasing 3% of the market make any sense?

Hybrids never made any sense to begin with.

They appealed to yuppies who wanted to make it appear they were doing something for the environment without really doing a damn thing.

Car Engine Technology
Masterauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #1254
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVANTI R5 View Post
Yeah we know your puff of smoke..

No thatís not the juice. Itís our Tesla loving El NickSter spotted in the Wild urban jungle.

https://youtu.be/y4rLs_itz_U
Must be before I got my 2nd furnace installed - truck is much faster now and pollutes even more. Teslans accuse me of burning the paint right off of their cars, but turns out self-peeling paint is just one of the features of their garbage golf carts.
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #1255
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default



and it seems that test cars are running down the Tesla China Gigafactory line.


Last edited by juanmedina; 08-26-2019 at 11:09 AM.
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:37 AM   #1256
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Taycan is the final nail in the coffin for the only profitable Tesla models (which aren't selling regardless).

China pic is of parts produced in Fremont, shipped there for a dog 'n pony show. The first leg of "production" will be to put together pre-fabbed parts shipped from Fremont. The deal structure in China makes it impossible for it to ever succeed. It's so insane I don't even want to make money from it anymore - just file BK and stop taking advantage of idiots.
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #1257
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghx7 View Post
The Solarcity purchase was definitely a bailout. I think the solar business problems are a direct consequence of all the manufacturing problems the Model 3 had. It sucked up so many resources that not enough attention was paid to Solarcity. The question is what will happen after the factory in China gets online. Will Tesla devote resources to getting solar going again? It seems like launching the promised products (including solar roof) should take priority over building a factory in Europe.
The solar business will die a much delayed death. Tesla needs to focus on model Y, truck, semi, roadster. I doubt he would be able to sell the solar business off as the panels are so far behind the competition in terms of efficiency.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #1258
arghx7
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232940
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
Taycan is the final nail in the coffin for the only profitable Tesla models (which aren't selling regardless).

China pic is of parts produced in Fremont, shipped there for a dog 'n pony show. The first leg of "production" will be to put together pre-fabbed parts shipped from Fremont. The deal structure in China makes it impossible for it to ever succeed. It's so insane I don't even want to make money from it anymore - just file BK and stop taking advantage of idiots.
Uhh you realize that this strategy will help them avoid tariffs, more much more quickly than trying to fully localize production first? Even before the trade war there were significant tariffs on American built cars in China.
arghx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #1259
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
The solar business will die a much delayed death. Tesla needs to focus on model Y, truck, semi, roadster. I doubt he would be able to sell the solar business off as the panels are so far behind the competition in terms of efficiency.
Methinks thou doth give it too much credence. Solar is not nor has it ever been a business. The "coachworks" ceased being a business after the model 3 failure bankrupted them/him.
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #1260
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghx7 View Post
Uhh you realize that this strategy will help them avoid tariffs, more much more quickly than trying to fully localize production first? Even before the trade war there were significant tariffs on American built cars in China.
Strategy? You mean buying tickets for 5 different lotteries, knowing full well that your survival depends on winning all 7 before end of year? Wait, but we only bought 5 tickets. Darn, maybe we can raise debt on the last 2 citing the expected return of the first 5 we're about to win...

Just go read the China deal - you can't even get past the terms with the Chinese before you realize it is doomed.

Last edited by E. Nick; 08-26-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: clarity
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #1261
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
I try to stay away from Tesla threads due to the Kool-Aid, but can't resist this one, as it is simply not factual.

No Tesla can even come close to an M5 in the 1/4. 0-40 MPH is the only place the Tesla has a chance. I know because I live in the most highly concentrated Tesla area in the world, and have an M5. Even my X5 is faster than the Tesla from a roll.
This was Nicky five year ago . Everything that he says take it with a grain of salt.
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:43 PM   #1262
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
This was Nicky five year ago . Everything that he says take it with a grain of salt.
I don't see your point, other than highlighting your own creepiness. What was incorrect about my post 5 yrs ago? And what have I been wrong about exactly?
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:47 PM   #1263
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen [email protected]
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
I don't see your point, other than highlighting your own creepiness. What was incorrect about my post 5 yrs ago? And what have I been wrong about exactly?

Everything .... We are still waiting for Tesla's bankruptcy that you been predicting for years. I am highlighting how blind and uninformed you are.
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #1264
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
https://youtu.be/8I-6_H0haAw

Everything .... We are still waiting for Tesla's bankruptcy that you been predicting for years. I am highlighting how blind and uninformed you are.
You have presented no argument and no facts, just platitudes (and lies - I've never predicted Tesla declaring BK) as always. Conflating a platitude from 5 yrs ago (which I refuted with anecdotal evidence) with a video of a drag race from today, with different cars, somehow invalidates the fact that I absolutely nailed the trade that you dared me to enter?
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #1265
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: por\\and
Vehicle:
V^V justrememberall
capswhenuspellyomansname

Default

The hateraid is stronger than the koolaid. Stay away from the aids kids.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #1266
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: RI/SE Mass
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
I've never predicted Tesla declaring BK
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...postcount=1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
So ridiculous - it should be under bankruptcy protection right now, writing off debt, selling assets, and restructuring as a niche automaker.
To be clear, I don't disagree with you - this post is to show you did say it.

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #1267
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
They are bankrupt and should have filed and restructured long ago. That is very different than predicting they would file BK, which I have never done. The lack of specificity changes the assertion and makes the entire argument either disingenuous or nonsensical. It is the same as knowing they are worthless vs shorting the company. I never shorted it until dared to do so, and it is all documented here.

I remember arguing years back with a Teslan who would declare victory when the stock would go up, yet I had no position. It was never the argument, but because he was constantly losing the argument, he'd pretend we were arguing about something else and post that instead. It's idiotic.

Facts and logic have largely been replaced by feelings and beliefs, especially during periods of frustration, and the appetite for schadenfreude is greater than ever. Add to that the faceless internet and you get the devolution of rational debate into... Owe my Balls!
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #1268
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

weeeeeeeeeeeelllll that is not predicting it in a declarative way technically. He just said they should be doing this. Never said they will be bankrupt by XYZ date.

Just a fly on the wall here.. carry on.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #1269
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Nick is also well aware that Tesla has several options to raise revenue if needed and when he says go bankrupt aka restructure, it doesn***8217;t mean tomorrow, next week, next month, this year or next year. Just that if the current trend of business continues, it will drive them to bankruptcy.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:59 PM   #1270
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Nick is also well aware that Tesla has several options to raise revenue if needed and when he says go bankrupt aka restructure, it doesnít mean tomorrow, next week, next month, this year or next year. Just that if the current trend of business continues, it will drive them to bankruptcy.
Of course - he doesn't realize he's admitting his lack of understanding of corporate finance in the assertion itself. But even if an argument were more intelligently constructed using facts that made sense, the assertion still doesn't relate.

I believe this is shown to all Teslans (and Scientologists) at orientation. Sadly, I think they're showing it in schools at this point also.

E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #1271
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
Of course - he doesn't realize he's admitting his lack of understanding of corporate finance in the assertion itself. But even if an argument were more intelligently constructed using facts that made sense, the assertion still doesn't relate.

I believe this is shown to all Teslans (and Scientologists) at orientation. Sadly, I think they're showing it in schools at this point also.

http://youtu.be/vjOrOMVFCbs
Not going to name names but there was someone in this thread who thought when you buy 1 share of Tesla, you are directly giving that amount to Tesla. itís clear some people do not understand the differences between the value of the stock and the actual business / revenue.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #1272
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Not going to name names but there was someone in this thread who thought when you buy 1 share of Tesla, you are directly giving that amount to Tesla. itís clear some people do not understand the differences between the value of the stock and the actual business / revenue.
Well, you never know, depending on how it shakes out, said genius might end up being correct... minus Goldman's kick of course
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #1273
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Not going to name names but there was someone in this thread who thought when you buy 1 share of Tesla, you are directly giving that amount to Tesla. itís clear some people do not understand the differences between the value of the stock and the actual business / revenue.
Wait.. wait, hold up! Are you telling me Kermit will not see a single dollar of the Sesame Street Stock I bought when I was a kid!

SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:56 PM   #1274
E. Nick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8489
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Atherton, CA
Vehicle:
2005 Carrera GT
Guards

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
Wait.. wait, hold up! Are you telling me Kermit will not see a single dollar of the Sesame Street Stock I bought when I was a kid!

Between the liabilities facing Oscar, the sexual harassment suits between Bert and Ernie, and the embezzlement charges facing Cookie Monster, the only thing Kermit is going to get is a pork-scented schmeckel
E. Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #1275
arghx7
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 232940
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
They are bankrupt and should have filed and restructured long ago.

They may owe a lot of money, but they have 5 billion in cash as of last quarter's numbers. That's hardly bankrupt, even if they keep rolling over debt like car buyers roll over negative equity.
arghx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.