Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
Ramon_12345
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 72021
Vehicle:
1999 JDM GC1 IMPREZA
WHITE

Default Oil Leak Location Pictures

There was a post a while ago that dealt with oil leaks and the person had pictures of the various locations where the oil can leak from as well as the solutions for each problem. I am trying to find that post but I'm not having much luck. Has anyone seen the post I am referring to and if so, can you post the link.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramon_12345
Ramon_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
hangman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 173493
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT
Quick Silver

IDK about the pictures but oil leaks are usually from defected seals Cam seal crankshaft seal oil pump O ring seal. It would be fortunate if the Oil pump seal and crankshaft seal are leaking because to replace the seal its the same laborit's easily spotted in the middle front portion of the engine.

Cam seal, you can notice this because the you'll noticed that the leaks are from the left or the right side well and for the labor there are a few extra step for this.

MYLGT is leaking from the oil pump O ring I think but anyways I just drain the oil and put GUNK stop leak it hasn't leak since but just waiting for the Service tool to arive so I can have lots of fun with this.
hangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Ramon_12345
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 72021
Vehicle:
1999 JDM GC1 IMPREZA
WHITE

Does anyone have a picture of the oil pump o-ring seal as well as an idea of it's location. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ramon_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
hangman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 173493
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT
Quick Silver

The oil pump O ring is located behind the pump itself so therefore the oil pump needs to be remove to replace it. This is what it looks like on the side that attach to the engine block the note the big hole the crankshaft seal are to be replace on the other side and the 2nd bigest hole is you guess it.

It's not the smaller 2 hex key that almost looks like the block drain plugs.
hangman is offline   Reply With Quote