Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 2, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #101
Fierysun
Scooby Guru

Member#: 82745
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru STI
2003 EJ207 S204 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slofouru View Post
Is this what you were trying to link? High Performance Academy is very knowledgeable, you learn something from every video they share. I hope they don't start charging for the videos, because I will probably pay to keep watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1BGsgIZ_Ek
Good find and ATI is a great company and produces awesome dampers.
Fierysun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #102
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierysun View Post
Good find and ATI is a great company and produces awesome dampers.
...and so does Fluidampr, and if you watch the video and listen, you will see they had no preference of one over the other. The video was shared to help others understand why it's a good idea to keep a damper, not to showcase any particular brand.

I'm not sure why you keep attempting to assert brand superiority when the guy's already purchased and installed a fluidampr...

2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #103
Fierysun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 Subaru STI
2003 EJ207 S204 Wagon

Quote:
...and so does Fluidampr, and if you watch the video and listen, you will see they had no preference of one over the other. The video was shared to help others understand why it's a good idea to keep a damper, not to showcase any particular brand.

I'm not sure why you keep attempting to assert brand superiority when the guy's already purchased and installed a fluidampr...

We're going in circles. The issue with the Fluidampr is it "requires" you to trim something you shouldn't and doesn't have all the features of the ATI. Honestly, why do "you" have such a hard on for Fluidampr? I'm unbias, but if i'm going to suggest a product to another Subaru enthusiast. I would recommend the best product and it's ATI.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:46 PM   #104
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcampbell View Post
One more correction... Fluid lists their Fluidamper at 5.375". It is really more like 5.23". Is is very close to stock, I can not really tell the difference. ATI is indeed 5.5" OD.
I noticed that too, preferred keeping the accessory speeds as close to stock as possible. Overdriving accessories requires more torque from the engine as well.

Quote:
We're going in circles. The issue with the Fluidampr is it "requires" you to trim something you shouldn't and doesn't have all the features of the ATI. Honestly, why do "you" have such a hard on for Fluidampr? I'm unbias, but if i'm going to suggest a product to another Subaru enthusiast. I would recommend the best product and it's ATI.
Claims to be "unbiased" and continues attempting to plug his favorite. Funniest thing I've heard all day. I'm not going in circles, still moving straight ahead.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:52 PM   #105
Fierysun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 Subaru STI
2003 EJ207 S204 Wagon

Quote:

Claims to be "unbiased" and continues attempting to plug his favorite. Funniest thing I've heard all day. I'm not going in circles, still moving straight ahead.
I take issues with someone 'intentionally" pushing an inferior product. As i stated before, i own both (so that i can find out for myself which one is better). Less can be said about you.

Last edited by Fierysun; 04-24-2020 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:03 AM   #106
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Quote:
I take issues with someone 'intentionally" pushing an inferior product. As i stated before, i own both (so that i can find out for myself which one is better). Less can be said about you.
You're making claims for which you have zero proof, all you have is opinion. Saying you have both and claiming you like one over the other and you have no proof of how your ATI did better than your FLuidampr. I've shared facts/specifications and that is all, and those facts I've shared are the reason I purchased what I did. You obviously take issue with that, not sure why. People have their reasons for buying either, it's not life and death. You simply can't get over trimming a small piece of plastic when people using these parts are doing plenty of modifications to their vehicles above and beyond that, it's comical.

Get over it.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:06 AM   #107
Fierysun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 Subaru STI
2003 EJ207 S204 Wagon

Quote:
You're making claims for which you have zero proof, all you have is opinion. I've shared facts and that is all, and those facts I've shared are the reason I purchased what I did. You obviously take issue with that, not sure why. People have their reasons for buying either, it's not life and death.

Get over it.
Seriously? No proof? You're hilarous! Trimming the timing cover? Non-rebuildable, non-tuneable? You're 100% full of crap full time, your brain is completely useless. We're done here.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:10 PM   #108
scoobyfast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338128
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
SBP

Thanks 2slofouru, I have a fluidampr on my shopping list.
scoobyfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:39 PM   #109
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter

Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyfast View Post
Thanks 2slofouru, I have a fluidampr on my shopping list.
Not a problem, glad if I helped with your decision.