Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday February 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2017, 05:04 PM   #51
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
TR is showing packages, but I don't know if I trust them...

Alt: 235/45-17 -1.7% difference
Alt: 215/50-17 -1.7% difference
***225/50-17 is the best but not listed for package, 0.4% difference.
17x7 +42mm
17x7.5 +40-45mm
17x8 +45mm

Alt: 245/40-18 -0.1% difference
Alt: 225/45-18 +0.9% difference
18x8 +45mm
18x8.5 +50mm
TR has removed the packages. I was told the information was erroneous. No ETA yet.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #52
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
TR has removed the packages. I was told the information was erroneous. No ETA yet.
I was about to order a wheel package. Unfortunately, the $80 rebate on tires ends in a few days. However, I spoke with someone yesterday and he said it should be corrected within a day or two. We shall see.
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #53
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
I was about to order a wheel package. Unfortunately, the $80 rebate on tires ends in a few days. However, I spoke with someone yesterday and he said it should be corrected within a day or two. We shall see.
I might just order tires this weekend and figure out the rims later. I assume 18x8 or 18x8.5, so I'm going with 225/45/18 (smallest based on OEM size that I think will fit w/o stretching).
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #54
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

I really wanted to run 17's, but I am not sure if that will be possible. Tire Rack is now telling me they don't know when wheels will be listed. They said definitely not this month.
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #55
Sbwilbur
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353155
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
This guy can't get the 2018 WRX rims over the MY09 STI Brembos. https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2852877
To update everyone. I borrowed one from a friend and test fit it myself. The 2016 WRX Limited Wheels DO fit. They clear with plenty of space. I expected as much. They're a recycle from the 2012-2014 STI in a different color.
Sbwilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #56
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbwilbur View Post
To update everyone. I borrowed one from a friend and test fit it myself. The 2016 WRX Limited Wheels DO fit. They clear with plenty of space. I expected as much. They're a recycle from the 2012-2014 STI in a different color.
Any pics?
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:42 AM   #57
Sbwilbur
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353155
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
Any pics?
Sorry for the craptastic quality. Took a quick shot whe I test fit the wheel a couple nights ago. They clear as well as the factory STI wheels. Plenty of space between the caliper and the wheel. About a half inch between the caliper and spokes.


Sbwilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #58
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbwilbur View Post
Sorry for the craptastic quality. Took a quick shot whe I test fit the wheel a couple nights ago. They clear as well as the factory STI wheels. Plenty of space between the caliper and the wheel. About a half inch between the caliper and spokes.
Thanks a lot.



I contacted Wheeldude and they said their 18x8.5 +44 & +48 rims fit the 2018 STI.

Last edited by Snow Drift; 09-25-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: +48 added
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #59
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
Thanks a lot.



I contacted Wheeldude and they said their 18x8.5 +44 rims fit the 2018 STI.
Did they say that was the only size that will fit?
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #60
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
Did they say that was the only size that will fit?
They also now say +48 will fit. But it has to be 18x8.5" or wider.

There's a girl on Instagram (@imcrististi), who got the shop @VLMspec to fit 17x7 steelies on her 2018 STI.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #61
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
They also now say +48 will fit. But it has to be 18x8.5" or wider.

There's a girl on Instagram (@imcrististi), who got the shop @VLMspec to fit 17x7 steelies on her 2018 STI.
So, no 17's or 18x8 will fit? I really didn't want to run 18's or anything too wide for the winter.
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #62
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
So, no 17's or 18x8 will fit? I really didn't want to run 18's or anything too wide for the winter.
They said no 18x8 (they have a ton available, so if it did it would make sense for them to say it fits).

Here is FastWRX.com fitting Rota DPT 18x8.5 +44 DPT.
https://www.fastwrx.com/products/rot...44-5x100-5x114

Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #63
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
They said no 18x8 (they have a ton available, so if it did it would make sense for them to say it fits).

Here is FastWRX.com fitting Rota DPT 18x8.5 +44 DPT.
https://www.fastwrx.com/products/rot...44-5x100-5x114

Glad you are getting responses. I have been emailing Wheeldude for over a week with no response. Great customer service. So, all 18x8.5 et44 or et48 fit?
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #64
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
Glad you are getting responses. I have been emailing Wheeldude for over a week with no response. Great customer service. So, all 18x8.5 et44 or et48 fit?
That is what I am told. Hopefully it is true. I'm waiting to get a quote on a package w/ snow tires and may order today.

I was able to get through to them by DM via Instagram.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #65
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
So, all 18x8.5 et44 or et48 fit?
this is never and will never be 100% true. 18" will clear the diameter of the caliper and rotor, sure, but when it comes to offset its always going to depend on the specific wheel.

That specific wheel in that sizing fits.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #66
Chuckable
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 447566
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
White

Default Wheel fitment for 2018 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
this is never and will never be 100% true. 18" will clear the diameter of the caliper and rotor, sure, but when it comes to offset its always going to depend on the specific wheel.



That specific wheel in that sizing fits.


Exactly. The shape and contour of the barrel and the spokes also impacts clearance. Model X wheel may clear the caliper and wheel weights but model Y with the same specs may not.
Chuckable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #67
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
this is never and will never be 100% true. 18" will clear the diameter of the caliper and rotor, sure, but when it comes to offset its always going to depend on the specific wheel.

That specific wheel in that sizing fits.
I should have specified all Rotas, not all wheels. Wheeldude stated 18x8.5 w/ et44 or et48 fit. So, I was asking if it is for all Rotas in those sizes since it wasn't specified.

Last edited by STI 2 NV; 09-25-2017 at 05:19 PM.
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #68
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
I should have specified all Rotas, not all wheels. Wheeldude stated 18x8.5 w/ et44 or et48 fit. So, I was asking if it is for all Rotas in those sizes since it wasn't specified.
In short "no".

Brake clearance depends on the individual wheel face design.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #69
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default Wheel fitment for 2018 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
I should have specified all Rotas, not all wheels. Wheeldude stated 18x8.5 w/ et44 or et48 fit. So, I was asking if it is for all Rotas in those sizes since it wasn't specified.
They said all currently available 18x8.5 +44 & +48 on 05+, 08 and 15+ sites fit. Well see if its true...

I just ordered from Wheeldude:

Rota G-Force Gold
18x8.5 +48

Michelin X-Ice Xi3
225/45/18
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:37 PM   #70
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
They said all currently available 18x8.5 +44 & +48 on 05+, 08 and 15+ sites fit. We’ll see if it’s true...

I just ordered from Wheeldude:

Rota G-Force Gold
18x8.5 +48

Michelin X-Ice Xi3
225/45/18
From Mach V

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/rot...8x8-5-5x100-48

"The gently-arched spokes clear Brembo brakes (not 2018+ STI brakes, though). " - Maybe this is prior to confirmation, who knows.

Last edited by sc00by4life; 09-25-2017 at 09:42 PM.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #71
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
They said all currently available 18x8.5 +44 & +48 on 05+, 08 and 15+ sites fit. Well see if its true...

I just ordered from Wheeldude:

Rota G-Force Gold
18x8.5 +48

Michelin X-Ice Xi3
225/45/18
Looks like they are wrong. Not sure if I can trust anything Wheeldude says. What are you going to get instead?
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #72
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
From Mach V

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/rot...8x8-5-5x100-48

"The gently-arched spokes clear Brembo brakes (not 2018+ STI brakes, though). " - Maybe this is prior to confirmation, who knows.


Very odd. Those are 5x100 and its the only Rota that even mentions the 2018. The DPT which show fitting the 2018 makes no mention in the description. Ill have to call them and WD.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #73
netherott
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 412015
Join Date: Jan 2015
Vehicle:
2018 STI
ISM

Default

This is frustrating not knowing what (if any) decent options outside of spending a ton of cash I'm going to have for winter wheels.

I can score a set of 08-12 STI Enkei wheels for 700 bucks but I was really hoping to spend less than that. I might just do it so I can get some tires and be done with it.
netherott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:29 PM   #74
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

I called Mach V (fastwrx.com) and they said that the G-Force 18x8.5 +48 did not fit the 2018 STI. They made it sound like the physical wheel was put on the car and it didn't clear.

However, I don't know what is going on with their website. They say the 18x8.5 Rota Gravel don't fit any STI since at least 2008...which is false. They also don't show the DPT fitting if you search first by 2018 STI. However, there is a picture of it fitting. If you look up the wheel and THEN filter by 2018 STI, it fits. Very odd.

I contacted Wheeldude and they are going to get back to me to confirm the G-Force.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #75
Mach V Dan
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 12029
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Sterling, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
However, I don't know what is going on with their website. They say the 18x8.5 Rota Gravel don't fit any STI since at least 2008...which is false.
There are two different Gravel bolt patterns. The 5x100 version won't fit the 2005+ STI. The 5x114 will.

Quote:
They also don't show the DPT fitting if you search first by 2018 STI. However, there is a picture of it fitting. If you look up the wheel and THEN filter by 2018 STI, it fits. Very odd.
I've just been checking this. I couldn't get it to say it won't fit, although sometimes the fitment-checking system can get confused if you hop around to a lot of different pages and cars.



--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com
Mach V Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.