Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
ShiftEnvyZ32
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 95764
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
Java Black/Bronze

Default Turn signal activates hazards HELP

Hello. Hopefully someone with some experience can help me with this issue. On my commute home today, as i Signaled to make a right turn, i noticed that my hazards came on... incidentally, i had just spanked an m3, so it wasn't untimely ... in any event allow me to describe the situation:

when the car is RECENTLY turned on, (first 5 seconds/while all the gauges are still dancing around) the right turn signal will work 100% (right side lights blink about 3X. NO BULBS BLOWN).. however once car has been running over about 5 secs, the right turn signal will automatically activate the Hazards. left turn signal works 100%. all bulbs work fine.

While the right turn signal is on, all hazard lights flash normally (except the driver side turn signal, which is very dim on each flash). i have tried toggling on/off radio/ a/c / headlights/ engine. none of these have a bearing on the situation.

My car:
2004 WRX STI
The only mod thus far, coincidentally, IS electronic... Viper 791VX Alarm with remote start.

I remote started the car from my office. it ran like 5 minutes and then i get in and drive home (like ALWAYS). it was a VERY RAINY day, though i doubt this has a bearing on the situation....
While the car is either Remote started/Turbo timing (alarm turbo times aswell) and there is NO KEY Present. The car's hazards will blink in a VERY SLOW manner. about 3 secs on/2 secs off.... The hazards and the right-turn-signal Hazards blink at the same rate.

*any other time that the lights are in use they blink with regular intensity*

I searched the forums and the manual and neither gave me any useful information. if this is a FAQ and has been covered, feel free to pwn my Noobie ass and direct me to a thread if u can .

Thanks for any/all help

Diego

(sry for the novel, but i like details )
ShiftEnvyZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote