Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 18, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #1
HF|[S]Devil
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41522
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy 2.5 GT
Satin White Pearl

Default 5eat Solenoids

So I'm in the middle of a transmission solenoid replacement job in my 5eat. Visually the replacement solenoids look the same and they claim to be the solenoids for a 2008 LGT 5eat which is what I have, but I noticed that the numbers written on each individual solenoid do not match. Should they be matching? The replacement solenoids came from Russia so is it possible they have different numbers due to region but will perform the same? Does anybody happen to know?
HF|[S]Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
HF|[S]Devil
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41522
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy 2.5 GT
Satin White Pearl

A Toyota tech mentioned that when Toyota supercedes a part, that the numbers change. When I started and looked up the Subaru part number on my transmission tag, I was not able to find anything. When I searched the model number, I found information. I know the picture is difficult to see but the Subaru part number is 31000210R1 and the model number is TG5D7CQEAA. (Also after seeing this tag with the 2011 date on my 2008 and 'Genuine Remanfacrured Part', I am assuming this is a replacement tranny which I was not told when I purchased this vehicle last year. Yay. Still would have bought it had I known, just would have changed my approach on things.)

I'm thinking the two things are related. Since all the connections, eyes, wire colors, and even the 'natural' pattern the solenoid pack sits on these new solenoids match, I am going to button this up and see how it goes. Fingers crossed.
HF|[S]Devil is offline   Reply With Quote