Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-23-2001, 09:42 PM   #1
rallyracer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 593
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver

Default what eibach racing spring rates do I have?

I got these springs from ground control. I'm pretty sure one is 300lb and the other is 250.. I just don't know which is which.

The box says the spring labeled GC200.64.44 is 300lb
and the one labeled 0800.250.0300 is 250lb

Is this right? It sure seems the other way around when I compress them by hand. I guess I'll call GC tomorrow to make sure, but was just looking for a quick answer.

Thanks
Brad
www.subarureview.com
rallyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2001, 05:01 AM   #2
DigDug
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4077
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5RS
Aspen White

Well, if you can compress them by hand, they sure are a lot lighter than 250lb!

You are correct, though - the springs labeled 0800.250.0300 are 300lb. The 0800 means 8" free length, the 250 means 2.5" diameter, and the 0300 means, you guessed it, 300lb.

The other pair of springs are a GC-specific pair, and as such the part number is much less useful. As a matter of fact, you can't really tell anything from the GC part numbers, you just have to call GC and ask them to look them up. However, the GC-numbered springs are actually a bit different than the non-GC-numbered springs. The ones with "GC" prefix are actually "barrel" springs, which are slightly larger in diameter at the middle of the spring, and slightly narrower at the ends - this is to increase the available travel before coil bind. This is what GC normally uses as the front springs in the Impreza/Legacy kits, and they usually use the standard (non-GC) springs for the rear where the additional travel isn't needed. So I would guess that the pair with the GC part numbers is actually your front springs, and the others are your rears. However, that doesn't answer the spring rate question for the ones with the GC part number - call GC and ask for Tony, he will be able to tell you the rates.
DigDug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 03:04 PM   #3
rallyracer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 593
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver

I gave them a call and got it figured out..

just for reference:

GC 200.64.44 is 8 inch 250lb
0800.250.0300 is 8 inch 300lb

so according to that the GC 'barrel' spring goes on the back. I always thought the back of the car got more travel.. aren't the struts longer? and my car rubs there first...

btw, they were labeled wrong on my box, so those that order the GC kit, take a close look before you install them. I probably would have had some mad oversteer with the 250 on front and 300 on back.

Brad
rallyracer is offline   Reply With Quote