Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 25, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #3351
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

April 2, 2014

What's being installed: HT Auto Rear Spats

Mileage: 17,319

Slowly but surely, I am completing the lip kit around the car. Came across a member selling brand new HT Auto rear spats for a great price, so I decided to snag them. Got them in about 2 days all the way from Cali! Came home for lunch this afternoon and decided to pop them on the car.

Overall, the quality is nice. Same material used as the front lip, but it has more of a satin finish than matte like the lip. Comes with 4 plastic push pins to install. Fitment is pretty good, definitely had to muscle some of the plastic pins in the holes, but I managed to pop them in. You use 2 of the pins already on the car and 2 of the ones supplied for each side. For anyone installing these, make sure you clean out all debris/rocks in the area. I had a little trouble getting the pins in since there was gravel in the way. After I cleaned them out and had a mound of rocks and gravel on my garage floor, they went in much easier. Everything lined up well and is nice and even with the lines of the car. I really enjoy the way it squares off the rear end of the car and gives it a bit more of an aggressive look. For something this inexpensive, it's pretty much a no brainer if you are wanting to add something to the rear end. I just need to find the side skirt extensions, so I will keep my eye out for good deal.

For now, here are some mediocre pictures I managed to get before heading back to work. Not the best, but they will do for now. I also got a quick snap of the newly finished headlights in the daylight. Not the best since there's a lot of reflection. I'll get some better shots later. I really do love the new look of them. Makes me crack a smile every time I see them. Not to mention they are impeccable after I touched everything up. Sorry for the dirty car! Got a good amount of rain over the last couple days and haven't had time to give it a good wash.

Going to try and find time this weekend to install the SPC LCA's. Little hesitant as I might just let AZP install them so I am not driving with the rear alignment out of spec. I'll see what the weekend holds.

Oh and since I am not going stage 2 any time soon (if at all), I am offering my 5" nameless axleback to anyone interested. I am going to go with the muffler delete, so let me know if you are interested.








* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 04-02-2014 at 11:09 PM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #3352
FL4TFTW
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256953
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Vehicle:
2014 Built DGM BRZ
2016 Fiesta ST WP Tricoat

Default

Yessss I love those. They look awesome on your car! Definitely adds a touch of aggression to the otherwise boring rear end of the hatch.

Edit: I literally just bought an exhaust yesterday. Damn.
FL4TFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #3353
NBRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 356927
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Coast,MA
Vehicle:
'15 WRX Limited
World Rally Blue

Default

Looks awesome. I've been wondering if these would look right with the stock side skirts since I don't plan on doing side skirt extensions any more.From the pics it looks like it's fine & Headlights look great.
NBRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #3354
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4TFTW View Post
Yessss I love those. They look awesome on your car! Definitely adds a touch of aggression to the otherwise boring rear end of the hatch.

Edit: I literally just bought an exhaust yesterday. Damn.
Thanks and I agree. It adds the right amount without looking like something just thrown on the back. It's a nice touch for the rear. Gives it a whole other dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBRX View Post
Looks awesome. I've been wondering if these would look right with the stock side skirts since I don't plan on doing side skirt extensions any more.From the pics it looks like it's fine & Headlights look great.
They look ok without the side extensions, but it would look better with them to have a complete look, I'll say that much. However, if you do plan on just doing the front lip and rear spats, it certainly doesn't look bad at all. I just prefer the whole lip kit to have everything complete. The spats are relatively cheap, so I would suggest buying a pair!
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #3355
FL4TFTW
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256953
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Vehicle:
2014 Built DGM BRZ
2016 Fiesta ST WP Tricoat

Default

It's interesting though that they went with a gloss finish, considering that the stock rear "diffuser" has a matte finish.
FL4TFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #3356
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4TFTW View Post
It's interesting though that they went with a gloss finish, considering that the stock rear "diffuser" has a matte finish.
It's not really a gloss finish really. More of a satin than matte. Honestly, I don't think anyone would notice unless they knew about it. It matches pretty well. It just had more of a shine than the diffuser area and lip, that's all.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #3357
HammrsHell
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 363758
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Arkansas
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

I'm really surprised how those rear spats really bring the ass end together
HammrsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #3358
freakin_elrod
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 377825
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
Satin white pearl

Default

The spats look really good. I like these way better than the CS style rear spats.
freakin_elrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #3359
SkyeC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 94323
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: 925
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

muffler delete huh? how god awful loud is that in person?

i've got the 5" and it's about all (and my wife) can tolerate. sounds great and all, but that hatch is so resonant inside!

those spats look cool!
SkyeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #3360
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammrsHell View Post
I'm really surprised how those rear spats really bring the ass end together
Me too. I wasn't expecting too much from them, but it really gave the rear end a great look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin_elrod View Post
The spats look really good. I like these way better than the CS style rear spats.
These are the cs style spats. I think you are thinking of the chargespeed ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeC View Post
muffler delete huh? how god awful loud is that in person?

i've got the 5" and it's about all (and my wife) can tolerate. sounds great and all, but that hatch is so resonant inside!

those spats look cool!
Haha, yeah it's louder for sure, but I am used to louder cars. The 5" is a great, great muffler in terms of sound and daily drive-ability. Since I am keeping this car stage 1, I wanted a bit more sound out of the car. The delete will definitely give me the sound I am after and just make the car that much more fun to drive listening to the downshifts and acceleration. I bought a Subaru to hear that rumble. I'd regret it if I never got a chance to put something louder on the car to let it sing.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #3361
Shansen120
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314156
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Lewisville, TX
Vehicle:
2013 Forester XT
SWP

Default

They look great!
Shansen120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #3362
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shansen120 View Post
They look great!
Thanks boss
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #3363
honestabe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 261730
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
17' GTI

Default

With your stock downpipe, and resonated mid..the delete will sound good Hope you like it. I like the rear spats too!
honestabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #3364
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestabe View Post
With your stock downpipe, and resonated mid..the delete will sound good Hope you like it. I like the rear spats too!
Thanks, yeah I am hoping. It should give it a good rumble and satisfy my needs for a louder sound since I no longer have the desire to go to stage 2. Hoping someone snags the 5" I have now soon, so I can place the order and get the delete sooner than later.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #3365
HammrsHell
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 363758
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Arkansas
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Thanks, yeah I am hoping. It should give it a good rumble and satisfy my needs for a louder sound since I no longer have the desire to go to stage 2. Hoping someone snags the 5" I have now soon, so I can place the order and get the delete sooner than later.
I dont know if I missed it, but why did you decide to stay stage one? Reliability?
HammrsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #3366
WRBSTI2013
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 369462
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default

What about a rebuild with forged pistons to reduce potential for ringland failure. There are too many instances where this happens, has me nervous about evening going to stage 1.
WRBSTI2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #3367
wrxscal412
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 351604
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBSTI2013 View Post
What about a rebuild with forged pistons to reduce potential for ringland failure. There are too many instances where this happens, has me nervous about evening going to stage 1.
With the right tune/tuner, it doesn't happen that often.
wrxscal412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #3368
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammrsHell View Post
I dont know if I missed it, but why did you decide to stay stage one? Reliability?
Reliability and re-sale. Stage 1 power is plenty for what I use the car for. Sure there is maybe a handful of times I've said I wish it was a bit quicker, but honestly it's a rare occasion. Stage 1 is more than enough for the street to let me have my fun, but still have usable power for any road I run into. I don't want to put the car in a position where I am going to risk the overall integrity of the car. Yes, there are ways to make it safe, but I am not willing to put the money up on this car to keep it reliable and up to my standards. I made the decision to hang onto this car for another year or two and get back into a newer M3. Putting more into it the car now, would honestly just take away from the overall enjoyment I get out of it. I love how it is now, so why mess with it, ya know? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBSTI2013 View Post
What about a rebuild with forged pistons to reduce potential for ringland failure. There are too many instances where this happens, has me nervous about evening going to stage 1.
See above response for your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxscal412 View Post
With the right tune/tuner, it doesn't happen that often.
True and as I said, it can be done with the money and right mods. But I am not wanting/willing to put the 5k+ to make it reliable. It's a great car, but I need to keep my head on straight and stick to my moto of a practical, reliable daily. I don't want this to turn into a project car.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #3369
wrxscal412
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 351604
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Default

I can get behind all that ^^. As everyone's desires and goals are different.
wrxscal412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #3370
NBRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 356927
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Coast,MA
Vehicle:
'15 WRX Limited
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxscal412 View Post
With the right tune/tuner, it doesn't happen that often.
Exactly! Since getting pro tuned I have zero fear of ringland failure. Putting down 313/337 ... I don't drive like a 16 year old either. I'm more confident in how my car is now then I ever was in the stage 1 or stock tune. Can it happen? Absolutely... But a good tune, good oil,consistent oil changes, checking oil levels & good fuel go a long way. I think your missing out big time by not going stage 2 but to each his own.

Edit:

Just seen your response and I totally get it. Especially if you don't plan on keeping it forever.
NBRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #3371
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBRX View Post
Exactly! Since getting pro tuned I have zero fear of ringland failure. Putting down 313/337 ... I don't drive like a 16 year old either. I'm more confident in how my car is now then I ever was in the stage 1 or stock tune. Can it happen? Absolutely... But a good tune, good oil,consistent oil changes, checking oil levels & good fuel go a long way. I think your missing out big time by not going stage 2 but to each his own.

Edit:

Just seen your response and I totally get it. Especially if you don't plan on keeping it forever.
Stage 2 would be a hoot, no question. But I need a car I can hop in a go. I don't want to be monitoring levels, afr's, etc. every time I drive. The usable power from stage 1 is comfortable and more than enough for anyone on the street. I am not tracking this car and nor do I intend on making it a race/track car of any sort. Downpipe, protune, TMIC, injectors, fuel pump, heat shields... then have the nerve-racking feeling of it can happen at any time after spending all that money. Just not my cup of tea. I've been down the road before where I turned my car into a monster and it just became too much. I give a lot of credit to people that build these cars like crazy. It's awesome to watch and read up, but it's just not something I am wanting to dive into. Too much is at stake in my eyes. If I ever did stage 2, it wouldn't be for another year and at that point, I will be getting the itch for another car. Doesn't make sense for the sale of the car or the financial stand point to dump all that money into something I won't get a return on and most likely would have to part out. Also, limiting my market to someone only looking for a modded stage 2 hatchback. A lot of factors come into play to go to stage 2 and there are more cons on my list than pros, so it just doesn't make sense to do it to this car.

Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 04-03-2014 at 12:24 PM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #3372
freakin_elrod
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 377825
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
Satin white pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Me too. I wasn't expecting too much from them, but it really gave the rear end a great look.



These are the cs style spats. I think you are thinking of the chargespeed ones.



Haha, yeah it's louder for sure, but I am used to louder cars. The 5" is a great, great muffler in terms of sound and daily drive-ability. Since I am keeping this car stage 1, I wanted a bit more sound out of the car. The delete will definitely give me the sound I am after and just make the car that much more fun to drive listening to the downshifts and acceleration. I bought a Subaru to hear that rumble. I'd regret it if I never got a chance to put something louder on the car to let it sing.
I knew I had them confused, but yes these look way better.
freakin_elrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #3373
Ryan91
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 311300
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan
Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Stage 2 would be a hoot, no question. But I need a car I can hop in a go. I don't want to be monitoring levels, afr's, etc. every time I drive. The usable power from stage 1 is comfortable and more than enough for anyone on the street. I am not tracking this car and nor do I intend on making it a race/track car of any sort. Downpipe, protune, TMIC, injectors, fuel pump, heat shields... then have the nerve-racking feeling of it can happen at any time after spending all that money. Just not my cup of tea. I've been down the road before where I turned my car into a monster and it just became too much. I give a lot of credit to people that build these cars like crazy. It's awesome to watch and read up, but it's just not something I am wanting to dive into. Too much is at stake in my eyes. If I ever did stage 2, it wouldn't be for another year and at that point, I will be getting the itch for another car. Doesn't make sense for the sale of the car or the financial stand point to dump all that money into something I won't get a return on and most likely would have to part out. Also, limiting my market to someone only looking for a modded stage 2 hatchback. A lot of factors come into play to go to stage 2 and there are more cons on my list than pros, so it just doesn't make sense to do it to this car.
So what supporting mods are you currently using for stage 1? Downpipe, intake, tune?
Ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #3374
NBRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 356927
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Coast,MA
Vehicle:
'15 WRX Limited
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
So what supporting mods are you currently using for stage 1? Downpipe, intake, tune?
He has cobb intake, cat back exhaust, torqued performance stage 1 tune via Cobb accessport I believe.
NBRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #3375
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
So what supporting mods are you currently using for stage 1? Downpipe, intake, tune?
Downpipe is stage 2. I have a torqued performance stage 1 sf map through the cobb ap and a cobb sf intake.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.