Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 15, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
Canadianlongdong
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 467964
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
white

Default 2013 wrx build

Howdy, im posting to just get a feeler and people's opinions, i have a 2013 wrx hatch that im looking to build to stage 2 ish (turbo back exhaust, cold air intake, and of course the accessport) my only concern i have is my baby is at 97000km not sure what that is in miles, im a little scared with the engines in these beauties of course, i dont want to **** something up and have to rebuild. i guess my question is should i worry about tuning my car at almost 97000km ?
Canadianlongdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
Bleedingedge38
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499322
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX STI
DGM

The first thing I'd suggest is to search around the forums, because I know there are/were many people in your shoes. Normally, tuning an engine with miles is no problem. The problems that do arise come from parts/sensors/components that fail over long term use. It's all about mitigating risk. The shop I'm plan on getting a stage 2 protune at is going to do a compression/leakdown test and oil change before they start tuning it. In addition, they are having me replace the upstream o2 sensor (among other things), because the last thing you want to happen is for your engine to lean out and blow itself up. For reference my car 96K miles. Hope this helps.
Bleedingedge38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:38 PM   #3
Canadianlongdong
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedingedge38 View Post
The first thing I'd suggest is to search around the forums, because I know there are/were many people in your shoes. Normally, tuning an engine with miles is no problem. The problems that do arise come from parts/sensors/components that fail over long term use. It's all about mitigating risk. The shop I'm plan on getting a stage 2 protune at is going to do a compression/leakdown test and oil change before they start tuning it. In addition, they are having me replace the upstream o2 sensor (among other things), because the last thing you want to happen is for your engine to lean out and blow itself up. For reference my car 96K miles. Hope this helps.
it did man, thanks
Old 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM   #4
Unabomber
👏 Big Ron 👏

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

You have no cause for worry
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
Canadianlongdong
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
You have no cause for worry
yeah, im fairly new with tuning in general and i've heard alot of good things about this forum, i just wanted a feeler to see what more experienced people think.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:21 AM   #6
WRX boarder
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328399
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited
OBP

Nothing wrong with what you are suggesting doing. Id make sure all of your maintenance is up to date first. If youre worried about your foundation get a compression and leak down test and send in an oil sample for analysis
WRX boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:30 PM   #7
Canadianlongdong
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX boarder View Post
Nothing wrong with what you are suggesting doing. Id make sure all of your maintenance is up to date first. If youre worried about your foundation get a compression and leak down test and send in an oil sample for analysis
thank you