Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 17, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
Timmysubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 67043
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dublin
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
CGM Cobb stage 2!!

Default 2020 Corvette C8.R Mid engine Spy Photos

Didn't see this posted. Thought I would share.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/09/...ng-at-road-am/

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Timmysubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
Skylab
n00b Moderator
Moderator
 
Member#: 4263
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Encinitas
Default 2020 Corvette C8.R Mid engine Spy Photos

Nice NSX


I mean, *ahem*, McLaren.

Crazy that itís really going to happen.
Skylab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
SlickWRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17312
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

I imagine they're going to raise the price significantly just because they can.
SlickWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
T-37
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175624
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
0304 WRX WRX
SY WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWRX View Post
I imagine they're going to raise the price significantly just because they can.
It's obviously a different animal, why would it cost the same?
T-37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
White out
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 46277
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the beach
Vehicle:
** LP640
Viper GTS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
Crazy that itís really going to happen.
Agreed.

I was one of those who didn't come running when the magazines cried "wolf" on the mid-engine C8, yet again, and it looks like someone actually let the dogs out. . . but who, who let the dogs out? Chevrolet or Cadillac?
White out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #6
White out
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 46277
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the beach
Vehicle:
** LP640
Viper GTS

Default

Just realized something, that hub/wheel and tire combo looks like an IMSA car.
White out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
T-37
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175624
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
0304 WRX WRX
SY WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White out View Post
Just realized something, that hub/wheel and tire combo looks like an IMSA car.
That's what the R in C8.R means, this is the race car. Probably the same GTLM/endurance type of racing that the C7.R is doing.
T-37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #8
VaporTrail308
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373439
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

I'm liking the look so far. Interesting side mirrors...
VaporTrail308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #9
DJ 9iron
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 11349
Join Date: Oct 2001
Vehicle:
2016 Mustang GT
Blue

Default

Why call it a Corvette?
DJ 9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:20 AM   #10
phatboysh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 96507
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Columbus OH
Vehicle:
2018 STI
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 9iron View Post
Why call it a Corvette?
It's always been a goal of Zora Arkus-Duntov for the Corvette to be mid-engined. It almost happened a few times, and now it finally will. It's going to replace it in the line-up (barring any big surprises), so IMHO it makes sense to use the Corvette name.
phatboysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #11
Dex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163775
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Getting schwifty
Vehicle:
2014 Ford Fiester ST
Murica Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatboysh View Post
It's always been a goal of Zora Arkus-Duntov for the Corvette to be mid-engined. It almost happened a few times, and now it finally will. It's going to replace it in the line-up (barring any big surprises), so IMHO it makes sense to use the Corvette name.
Especially with the Camaro making Vette numbers on and off track, they probably need to make the two substantially different now.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #12
DJ 9iron
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 11349
Join Date: Oct 2001
Vehicle:
2016 Mustang GT
Blue

Default

Does this mean there will no longer be a front engine Vette?
DJ 9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #13
Skylab
n00b Moderator
Moderator
 
Member#: 4263
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Encinitas
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 9iron
Does this mean there will no longer be a front engine Vette?
Rumor (news) has it, that the C7 will be still be available along with the new mid-engine Corvette. So, perhaps it will have a different name...?

I have no doubt that this new C8 (?) will be a $100,000 Corvette (and I mean to say base model).
Who knows what enthusiasts will actually be paying (dealer ADM).
Skylab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #14
VaporTrail308
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373439
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
Rumor (news) has it, that the C7 will be still be available along with the new mid-engine Corvette. So, perhaps it will have a different name...?

I have no doubt that this new C8 (?) will be a $100,000 Corvette (and I mean to say base model).
Who knows what enthusiasts will actually be paying (dealer ADM).
Iíd be willing to pay $100k or more, if it performs well and looks good. So far I really like what I am seeing.

One annoying thing about owning exotics is that the nearest dealers from me are 3 or more hours away. Makes servicing them a pain.
VaporTrail308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:30 PM   #15
herooftheday
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 464843
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
Rumor (news) has it, that the C7 will be still be available along with the new mid-engine Corvette. So, perhaps it will have a different name...?

I have no doubt that this new C8 (?) will be a $100,000 Corvette (and I mean to say base model).
Who knows what enthusiasts will actually be paying (dealer ADM).


Iíve heard the same. Theyíll still sell the front engine vette. Iím guessing thatís why they designated it the Stingray. So when this happened, theyíd have designations for both to keep them separate.
herooftheday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:41 AM   #16
White out
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 46277
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the beach
Vehicle:
** LP640
Viper GTS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-37 View Post
That's what the R in C8.R means, this is the race car. Probably the same GTLM/endurance type of racing that the C7.R is doing.
Missed the .R part.
White out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:43 AM   #17
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 73805
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default

Itís no rumor, posted in the mid engine thread pretty sure donít feel like searching..
The mid engine will be sold along side the old Vette for first 2 years, maybe longer. The world around Detroit and Rag Mags starting at 150K. Thatís why their keeping the old one around for as long as they can. New one is on a new platform, no sharing.
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #18
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... White Magic
Jesus Underwear

Default

If this corvette can come priced in the same ball park as the GTR and throw down same or better times, I think it will do insanely well. Iím excited to see how it does, hopefully they run this car hard before selling to the mass market.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #19
Timmysubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 67043
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dublin
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
CGM Cobb stage 2!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVANTI R5 View Post
Itís no rumor, posted in the mid engine thread pretty sure donít feel like searching..
The mid engine will be sold along side the old Vette for first 2 years, maybe longer. The world around Detroit and Rag Mags starting at 150K. Thatís why their keeping the old one around for as long as they can. New one is on a new platform, no sharing.
I searched, just used the wrong words and I didn't see it. Worst thing about this forum the Search Nazi stuff. Also, this is the Non-Subaru "News" and Rumors Thread, which is exactly where you posted your thread. I think you're probably just butt hurt.
Timmysubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:52 PM   #20
VaporTrail308
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373439
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
If this corvette can come priced in the same ball park as the GTR and throw down same or better times, I think it will do insanely well. Iím excited to see how it does, hopefully they run this car hard before selling to the mass market.
I agree.

There is a lot of interesting speculation going on. Some saying there will be a ďhaloĒ car called the Zora, which is what the C8.R is based on. Much higher end and a true super car/ Ford GT competitor. And then the standard C8 as the new Corvette priced in more typical Corvette category.
VaporTrail308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #21
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 73805
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmysubie View Post
I searched, just used the wrong words and I didn't see it. Worst thing about this forum the Search Nazi stuff. Also, this is the Non-Subaru "News" and Rumors Thread, which is exactly where you posted your thread. I think you're probably just butt hurt.
Well I don’t know what’s up your ass, well actually I do. I didn’t mention you not searching. Just commented about topic..Price and Old one still made. I won’t waste my time making Ass out of you, you did that yourself.
Timmy
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.