Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday May 8, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #126
YungSav_SG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513265

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3rm1tth3fr0g View Post
You'll probably make around 300WHP with those mods listed. Biggest thing holding you back is your turbo, the VFs really don't do great anywhere but the midrange. But also remember, comparing and basing judgements of tunes and setup's purely on peak horsepower is not ideal because of how much horsepower numbers can vary dyno to dyno.

My tuner's Mainline dyno measures a 2020 STI at 190-200WHP (it makes 310 @ the crank) but a stock 2020 STI measured on a Dynojet would make easily 260WHP. Lots of variability makes comparing different dynos hard and the data from separate dynos virtually useless for direct, hard comparison purposes.

I would ask your tuner what a stock STI makes on their dyno because the STI has made ~300HP at the crank for 15 years and that will give you a good judge of if that "300WHP" is something you'll be okay with. 300WHP is a lot and can make most people happy if its a daily. Especially because at a later date you could slap an 18G on your setup and probably hit your HP goal.

I know personally the 260 WHP on my EJ205 VF39 bugeye with Headers and 1050Xs feels a lot faster than "260" sounded on paper.

One last thing I'll mention is ethanol. If you have E85 fuel available near you, it is worth getting a quote for a flex fuel tune in my opinion due to just how much better ethanol performs. Easy 40+ WHP gain and prices are pretty good on fuel.

Good luck!

Thanks Iíll definitely message my tuner and see what he says and go from there. Im about 90% sure he uses a dynojet. I know my 06 Forester made 280whp on a dynapack and it felt super quick for a daily I was hoping to gain an extra 40-50 hp on my WRX since it has stock bigger injectors than the forester and I saw @Synolimit make 330hp 360tq on his 09 with stock injectors so I was hoping to come close to those numbers having almost the same upgrades. As for E85 itís hardly available in Canada unless you go to BC Iím in Ontario so itís a little hard to get and I donít want to use meth Iíve heard too much horror stories so Iím trying to get the most out of the vf52. Planning on upgrading the turbo and stuff in the future but for now while dailyíing it I would love to get the max I can safely. Dont want some aggressive tune thatís gonna blow my motor either.
YungSav_SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2021, 03:02 PM   #127
K3rm1tth3fr0g
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508105
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2002 Black WRX Wagon
VF39 + 4.44 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSav_SG View Post
Thanks I'll definitely message my tuner and see what he says and go from there. Im about 90% sure he uses a dynojet. I know my 06 Forester made 280whp on a dynapack and it felt super quick for a daily I was hoping to gain an extra 40-50 hp on my WRX since it has stock bigger injectors than the forester and I saw @Synolimit make 330hp 360tq on his 09 with stock injectors so I was hoping to come close to those numbers having almost the same upgrades. As for E85 it's hardly available in Canada unless you go to BC I'm in Ontario so it's a little hard to get and I don't want to use meth I've heard too much horror stories so I'm trying to get the most out of the vf52. Planning on upgrading the turbo and stuff in the future but for now while daily'ing it I would love to get the max I can safely. Dont want some aggressive tune that's gonna blow my motor either.

A good set of equal length headers and a cylinder 4 cooling mod would be next on my list if I were you. That combo should reduce some knock by evening out cylinder head temps + just lowering EGTs in general. And depending on which header you get, you'll have more power all around with similar or potently even better spool (Killer B).

If you're trying hard to make over 300, stock injectors may be an issue as 565cc is not very much flow for a 2.5L and your tuner may need to pull power back for safety sake when dynoing so just keep that in mind. A set of ID 1050Xs (or whatever 750CC+ injector your tuner suggests), is a good future proof way of allowing you to max out your current setup and keep fueling safe, while preparing yourself to slap a bigger turbo on down the road with less hassle.

Last edited by K3rm1tth3fr0g; 04-12-2021 at 03:09 PM.
K3rm1tth3fr0g is offline   Reply With Quote