Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 12, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default Stock EJ205 + FP Green HTZ = 372whp @ 22.5psi

Event: Dyno Pull
Location: Buffalo, NY
Ambient Temp: 38*F
Elevation: 700ft
Weather: Dry and cold
Tires: Nankang NS-20 255/45/17

Car: 2002 WRX
Tuner: Tom (Myself)
Dyno Info: Virtual Dyno w/ .95CF
Transmission: Stock 5 Speed
Gear: 3rd
Peak HP at RPM: 352whp @ 6272rpm (Dynojet setting = 404)
Peak Torque at RPM: 312wtq @ 6204rpm (Dynojet setting = 358)
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: 170whp for a stock 2l wrx
Target Boost: 22.5psi
Target AFR: 10.7:1
Fuel: 93 unleaded pump
Engine/Power Modifications:
FP Green HTZ 8cm 2.4" Inlet
Injen Short Ram Intake
Gimmick Turbo Inlet
Torque Solution TMIC
Perrin Bypass Valve
Stock Intake Manifold
Stock Header
PLM EWG Uppipe
TiAL 38mm EWG w/ 14.7psi Spring setup
Manzo Catless 3" Downpipe
Cobb Replica 3" Catback w/ 3.5" tip
Grimmspeed EBCS + MBC (Hybrid Control)
Five-o Black Ops 1300cc Injectors
AEM320 Fuel Pump

Suspension/wheels: MST MT01 17x9 et35 (te37 reps), Sick ebay coilovers

CHECK POST #18 FOR AIRBOY DYNO


Posted this in the FP Green thread, figured id make my own thread for it. This is pretty much my safe baseline tune, I fixed my maf scaling uptop since this run and also added timing. This run was 10.5* at peak boost, 15.5* at 6400rpm where I let off. Redline is set to 7500, and I will be getting some more logs during the final tune to compare. I'm thinking 375-380whp should be fairly easy if I rev it out more and add more timing uptop.

I will say this turbo spools very well on my 2.0, seeing 22-23psi at 4300rpm which is insane. It hits like a sledgehammer compared to the dinky td04, and it keeps pulling harder to redline. Ill be testing e85 on stock block once I get my 6spd in the summer, aiming for 450whp which should be easy. I'll do some more testing/tuning and come back with further results in a few more days!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ARKTiKPENGUiN; 04-13-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: More powaaaa
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Resurrected WRX

Default

Looks good, a lot more power than the tdo4, that's for sure Once you get the fueling a little more cleaned up and leaned out it will pull harder too.

26" tires?
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDagen View Post
Looks good, a lot more power than the tdo4, that's for sure Once you get the fueling a little more cleaned up and leaned out it will pull harder too.

26" tires?
Thanks man, this things a joy to drive. I cleaned it up a little bit more, just gotta go do some logs and we shall see!

Yep, 255/45/17s are the tires im rocking. No stretched tires for me.
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Resurrected WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKTiKPENGUiN View Post
Thanks man, this things a joy to drive. I cleaned it up a little bit more, just gotta go do some logs and we shall see!

Yep, 255/45/17s are the tires im rocking. No stretched tires for me.
Nothing better than tuning your own. You get a real "feel" for the car and how it's running. Look forward to seeing some more.

Cool. I ask because that's one of the tire and wheel size combos I have been eyeing up. Everything fits well with the 17x9 et35 and 255/45/17's? Any rubbing? 275's was my original goal but in reality I think 255's might work better with 26" tall treads.
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDagen View Post
Nothing better than tuning your own. You get a real "feel" for the car and how it's running. Look forward to seeing some more.

Cool. I ask because that's one of the tire and wheel size combos I have been eyeing up. Everything fits well with the 17x9 et35 and 255/45/17's? Any rubbing? 275's was my original goal but in reality I think 255's might work better with 26" tall treads.

Everything fits well on coilovers, I don't think they would have fit with my stock suspension due to the strut body sticking out so much. There is a tiny bit of poke without lowering/some camber but with a mild drop and around 2* camber up front and 2.5* in back it sits and looks nice. I'd recommend something like +38-+42 and it should still fit well. My rear quarters are rolled, front isnt. I can definitely fit 265s next go around, I'll try for 275s if that goes well.

I'm gonna go wash the car since it's gonna be a nice day and grab some fitment pics for you!
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

So much for it being nice, it rained on my parade Still got decent enough shots to show fitment haha.





ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Resurrected WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKTiKPENGUiN View Post
Everything fits well on coilovers, I don't think they would have fit with my stock suspension due to the strut body sticking out so much. There is a tiny bit of poke without lowering/some camber but with a mild drop and around 2* camber up front and 2.5* in back it sits and looks nice. I'd recommend something like +38-+42 and it should still fit well. My rear quarters are rolled, front isnt. I can definitely fit 265s next go around, I'll try for 275s if that goes well.

I'm gonna go wash the car since it's gonna be a nice day and grab some fitment pics for you!
Cool, yep gonna do coilovers for sure. Do you think the 255/45's would have fit without a rear quarter roll? One of my main goals is to put on a good size tire for max traction but the thing is I want to make sure I don't go too big that I can't get a good contact patch because of camber specs needed to fit them or whatever. I also don't want to go so oversized that it's just adding a bunch of weight to my rotating mass either. Lol, that's where I started to say 255's and call it good.

Yeah let's see some photos! ***edit you beat me to the photo part lol***

That looks legit, I like it!
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDagen View Post
Cool, yep gonna do coilovers for sure. Do you think the 255/45's would have fit without a rear quarter roll? One of my main goals is to put on a good size tire for max traction but the thing is I want to make sure I don't go too big that I can't get a good contact patch because of camber specs needed to fit them or whatever. I also don't want to go so oversized that it's just adding a bunch of weight to my rotating mass either. Lol, that's where I started to say 255's and call it good.

Yeah let's see some photos! ***edit you beat me to the photo part lol***

That looks legit, I like it!

Yeah my thinking was the same as yours. They grip well and my car turns in well. I dont think a rear quarter roll was necessary, we just did it to be on the safe side. You could step down in sidewall and have to worry less but I like having sidewall and more tire so I dont destroy my wheels with NY's potholes bahaha.
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #9
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Resurrected WRX

Default

Looks like a clean bugeye from what I can see. Yep sidewall for the win imo.

Oh and by the way when I said "fueling leaned out and cleaned up" I was looking at the boost numbers on the right not the afr on the left, lol. It looks pretty good on the fueling if your targeting 10.7. I thought you were in the 9's afr wise, I should have looked a little closer lol.
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #10
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

226k on the body and transmission, 80k on the engine. She has her quirks but for the price I paid it was a steal.

And yeah I kinda figured that's what you saw, but if you look at the top end it starts to go up towards 11.3-11.4:1 which I don't feel safe with at all. That has since been fixed!

Which turbo are you running now? I know it's bigger than mine on a hybrid block lol.
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #11
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Resurrected WRX

Default

Looks real good, would have never guessed it had 200k+ miles! Yeah I think all bugeyes have a few quirks don't worry about em

I am running the flinstone setup, you push it then jump in and coast lol. Hopefully soon I will be getting something going though. I parted my cars powertrain and drivetrain out a couple years back to start a biz that never worked out. Now I am working on getting the bugeye back on the road. I actually have a used jdm v7 ej207 and a v9 drivetrain package reserved at jdm racing motors, can't wait to get it fully paid for and shipped, then it will be go time. Excited to try out the 207 2.0, it comes with the vf30 so I will tune that on E85 and see what it can do.
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #12
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Bahaha, I hope to never get to that point. Im gonna get a full v7 drivetrain after my new injectors and then see if my shortblock holds out. Vf30 on e85 should treat you well, youll make great power if you push it hard and the 207 will eat it right up.


Did you have to pay a deposit for them to hold a setup for you? I was thinking about putting a deposit on a full v7 swap with brembos and the works (lca, subframes, sway bars etc) and then pay it all off after a month or 2 and get it shipped then.
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:23 PM   #13
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Resurrected WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKTiKPENGUiN View Post
Bahaha, I hope to never get to that point. Im gonna get a full v7 drivetrain after my new injectors and then see if my shortblock holds out. Vf30 on e85 should treat you well, youll make great power if you push it hard and the 207 will eat it right up.


Did you have to pay a deposit for them to hold a setup for you? I was thinking about putting a deposit on a full v7 swap with brembos and the works (lca, subframes, sway bars etc) and then pay it all off after a month or 2 and get it shipped then.
Too funny huh, lol. Soon I will have it rolling. We will see what happens, there is something about the 2.0, it just wants to rev out. So with the 207 that's the plan, rev it out and just have some fun.

Yeah that's what I have reserved, the whole works. Should be pretty cool. Although now that I say that I wonder if that will change the wheel fitment with all sti hubs, rear end, control arms etc? Anyway yeah you put a 25% deposit down to hold something. They seem to be the most legit importer from what I researched so I decided to go with them, I don't want any surprises lol.
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #14
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDagen View Post
Too funny huh, lol. Soon I will have it rolling. We will see what happens, there is something about the 2.0, it just wants to rev out. So with the 207 that's the plan, rev it out and just have some fun.

Yeah that's what I have reserved, the whole works. Should be pretty cool. Although now that I say that I wonder if that will change the wheel fitment with all sti hubs, rear end, control arms etc? Anyway yeah you put a 25% deposit down to hold something. They seem to be the most legit importer from what I researched so I decided to go with them, I don't want any surprises lol.

I love the 2.0 and how much it likes to rev. Hence why I raised my rev limit to 7500 even with stock heads to make use of this turbo. In the future, porting and a head build looks fun.

Ill definitely be sourcing my v7 trans from them then, a deposit to hold is convenient for me. Hopefully Ill have a 6 speed sooner rather than later!
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #15
squirrel_jester
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 381225
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: P-ville, TX
Vehicle:
'02 WRX Wagon 5MT
'04 FXT, '05 Leggy GT

Default

Good numbers and way to go on tuning it yourself!

I'm upping my boost on my FP Green HTZ tomorrow. Excited to see how it affects the power.
squirrel_jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #16
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_jester View Post
Good numbers and way to go on tuning it yourself!

I'm upping my boost on my FP Green HTZ tomorrow. Excited to see how it affects the power.
Thanks man! It has been a fun experience and this thing definitely scoots. Turning it up should result in roughly 10whp/wtq per psi and * of timing. I got a new log but the graph looks like complete ass.

Not sure what the hell happened but this wasnt my normal road that I log on, though it's as flat as they come. It does feel faster as the numbers show, but boost tapered off to 21psi here running more timing. 13* peak torque to 20* redline. I'm going to leave it off here, do some logging of leaner afrs at 11:1 and see if that picks boost back up. I shouldn't be tapering but that could just be my MBC tapering as rpms go up due to backpressure.

I may turn it up to 24psi and see if I knock out 400whp on VD, but other than that it's solid with 0 knock. I'm looking to get her on some actual rollers and see if these numbers are even close, I'm going to guess 340/300 on a mustang dyno @ BERG Racing. On a dynojet these numbers should be relatively close, but I'm not worried. She feels good and she's fun as hell to drive!

ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #17
squirrel_jester
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 381225
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: P-ville, TX
Vehicle:
'02 WRX Wagon 5MT
'04 FXT, '05 Leggy GT

Default

You have some large cajones for doing this on a stock block. Props to you! I highly suggest switching to E85 and you'll net even more power (even safer). I'll put up a post in this sub on my build in a bit. I love reading about others who use FP turbos!
squirrel_jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #18
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_jester View Post
You have some large cajones for doing this on a stock block. Props to you! I highly suggest switching to E85 and you'll net even more power (even safer). I'll put up a post in this sub on my build in a bit. I love reading about others who use FP turbos!

I have complete faith in the ej205, I know it can handle it with a proper tune. I'm actually letting my tank run dry so I can toss some e85 in and turn up timing on the same boost! This is gonna be a fun experience bahaha.

I entered the same log as the post above into airboy's spreadsheet and it comes out with relatively close numbers to above. I used the exact same weight, and tire info as before. There is an anomaly but if you follow the curve it works out to make sense. This is also with 6 smoothing, same as VD.

ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #19
squirrel_jester
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 381225
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: P-ville, TX
Vehicle:
'02 WRX Wagon 5MT
'04 FXT, '05 Leggy GT

Default

Very impressive graph with your build!

I blew up my EJ205 from oil starvation on a track. That's when I then found out the stock oil pickup and baffle for 2002-2003 USDM was no good.

E85 is the way to go. Typically the torque goes up higher than HP on others' graphs with corn juice.
squirrel_jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #20
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

My ej205 is burning no oil, and i check it pretty often. 2k miles and not a drop of oil has been burnt! So far it appears i have a pretty healthy engine.

With e85 ill be okay with a little more torque, dont wanna pop my 5 speed quite yet though bahaha. If I can hold 300tq to redline ill make 400ish whp and thatll be my limit on 5 speed. Once i get my 6 speed ill let the torque run free.
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #21
squirrel_jester
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 381225
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: P-ville, TX
Vehicle:
'02 WRX Wagon 5MT
'04 FXT, '05 Leggy GT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKTiKPENGUiN View Post
My ej205 is burning no oil, and i check it pretty often. 2k miles and not a drop of oil has been burnt! So far it appears i have a pretty healthy engine.

With e85 ill be okay with a little more torque, dont wanna pop my 5 speed quite yet though bahaha. If I can hold 300tq to redline ill make 400ish whp and thatll be my limit on 5 speed. Once i get my 6 speed ill let the torque run free.
Sweet! My goal is 400 awhp on E85. If you can, it's worth the money for the Killer B oil pickup and baffle. Oil is no joke on these engines.
squirrel_jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #22
ARKTiKPENGUiN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421347
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_jester View Post
Sweet! My goal is 400 awhp on E85. If you can, it's worth the money for the Killer B oil pickup and baffle. Oil is no joke on these engines.

I plan on the whole kit, with oil pan. Definitely worth getting for more oil especially if you decide to track the vehicle. Getting an sti dipstick shouldn't be too much of a bother when I do all of that.
ARKTiKPENGUiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:31 PM   #23
squirrel_jester
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 381225
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: P-ville, TX
Vehicle:
'02 WRX Wagon 5MT
'04 FXT, '05 Leggy GT

Default

Good deal! I know it helps me sleep easier at night. Damn subies and their oil needs. Lol.
squirrel_jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.