Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 17, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #726
nj kiter
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)
 
Member#: 241501
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Hi guys I'm going to throw a thank you towards Grimmspeeds way for there products, and customer service. I bough a Grimmspeed EBCS from them in 2011, and it died a few weeks ago. I got in contact with them not even inquiring about a warranty or any refund; asking how i could tell if it was in fact the boost controller. They offered if i could provide a proof of purchase they could warranty the item. I explained to them that it spent its life powering two external waste gates through -4 an lines, and that it was about 6 years old. They still stuck with the buy back offer knowing that; i was unable to dig up a proof of purchase and they offered to give me a discount and pay for the return shipping of the old item. They have been nothing but helpful. Thanks Grimmspeed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nj kiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:28 PM   #727
RocketRobin
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 465048
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default Aos

Got an AOS shipped and packaged by Dom.
A bunch of the stuff that was supposed to be in the package was missing.
A quick trip to NAPA to get things going.
The install PDF was for another car, but I got it figured out.
Did a quick and dirty install of my own to check it out.

So far so good. Took a little driving for ECU to relearn settings. After that fuel economy picked up. Power in boost feels stronger.

Very pleased with this product! It works!!!

Now tested will try rerouting hoses for a clean look.

Note: the splayed array for hoses on the AOS makes things a little weird.
If they all came out the same direction it would be easier to route hoses in a clean fashion.
RocketRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #728
RocketRobin
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 465048
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRobin View Post
Got an AOS shipped and packaged by Dom.
A bunch of the stuff that was supposed to be in the package was missing.
A quick trip to NAPA to get things going.
The install PDF was for another car, but I got it figured out.
Did a quick and dirty install of my own to check it out.

So far so good. Took a little driving for ECU to relearn settings. After that fuel economy picked up. Power in boost feels stronger.

Very pleased with this product! It works!!!

Now tested will try rerouting hoses for a clean look.

Note: the splayed array for hoses on the AOS makes things a little weird.
If they all came out the same direction it would be easier to route hoses in a clean fashion.
Checked out other set-ups and the overall configuration.
I now understand why Dom sent only the parts I actually need and not all the other stuff listed in the install manual.
With my messed-up set-up the hose routing is pretty ugly, but the system is quite functional.

Running Stage 2, road tested Calgary - Canmore - Calgary averaged 7.9l/100k highway. EPA rating is 10.5l/100k. Was getting 8.4l/100k before the AOS, so just adding the AOS gave a nearly 5% increase in fuel economy.

After the highway cruise cleaned out the intake system, noticed a nice improvement in torque on the upshifts when heavy on the turbo. The intake is running clean, so the knock sensor isn't cutting my timing due to the engine gulping oil when the PVC opens.

Overall, this is a brilliant innovation!!!
I give it 9 stars (out of 5). Would give it 11/5 if they actually let me know how to hook it up in the first place.
RocketRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:28 PM   #729
SPinnerguy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 393704
Join Date: Jun 2014
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WRB

Default

Extremely impressed with Grimmspeed support/customer service!!! EBCS, and other various parts towards Stage2. Above and beyond!!!
SPinnerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #730
greygonzalez
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 461647
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Trinity, FL
Vehicle:
209 STI
ISM

Default

I recently purchased a used EBCS and was missing two screws to attach it to the valve. I contacted Grimmspeed and without asking them they sent over the two screws right away for no charge! I contacted them to simply ask if I can reuse the stock screws and they recommended not to.

It's amazing how even with a used product they provide such great service! Very glad I bought this and a charge pipe from them! Great service guys.
greygonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #731
kduni
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 434061
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: West Texas
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
Metallic grey

Default

Just experienced A+ customer service myself. The kind of service you can expect with Grimmspeed. Their products are also top notch. If grimmspeed makes what I'm in the market for, I buy it.
kduni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:45 PM   #732
Blingstrom
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 322188
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Kansas
Vehicle:
05 STi/06 FXT
CGM/RBP

Default

Well I have this awesome t-shirt Grimmspeed sent me when I first started the contingency sponsorship program. It has been a great shirt, have owned it for 2 years now and seems to be holding up well. Girls have even spoke to me while wearing it.. So it def has that going for it. Sadly it is a large and I would much rather have a medium but beggars can't be choosers.




Next up, Purchased Grimmspeed PnP and ceramic coated manifold with X-pipe. Great product, I have had them on the car for over 4 years now and they show no signs of stopping. With this purchase I also upgraded to Grimmspeed multi layer gaskets and they are still holding strong. Ceramic coating shows no wear.




Another purchase at the same time was the Grimmspeed ceramic coated Uppipe, No issues with it. Been on the car for 4 years also and still just as good as the first day it was installed.



I also have the Grimmspeed AOS unit, which was awesome until I started auto-x'ing heavily. Under heavy turns it can have issues with oil running backwards through the lines. If they had a flapper valve on the underside of it it seems this problem would be alleviated. I still enjoy its overall quality and will be moving it to my Forester which is much less of a speed demon around the corners.

These Grimmspeed high lift hood shocks have been excellent and one of the best purchases for those who avidly enjoy being under their hood. Terrific product!



Through Grimmspeed's contigency program I was able to receive this GS limited and ceramic coated downpipe free of charge! A beautifully crafted unit, I feel my car is blessed to have it in the engine bay. The extra 02 bung made installing a wideband sensor a breeze too!





My Forester also has a slew of Grimmspeed parts on it. Including their high-lift hood struts which as awesome for helping illuminate the engine bay for engine work and remove the pesky stock hood prop that denies you access to many things.

After


Recently installed their downpipe to stock exhuast extension that helps me keep the FXT quiet while still utilizing stage 3. All gaskets on the FXT exhaust system have been changed out for Grimmspeed units as well.



Getting very excited to install these last parts I just received from GS. FXT splitter to replace the stock unit and mate up to my STI intercooler that now resides under the hood. And swapping out to the silicone hoses to help replace the older rubber units for piece of mind. Hope to install them today and on to enjoying many trouble free miles.



Customer service has always been top notch. I have never had an issue getting a quick response or fix to any concerns or product inquiries. They have a excellent presence on the forums and I send many people their way when looking for excellent service and products. I do miss the days of the contingency sponsorship program... I used to get quite questions and comments when I had the decals and shirt on at auto-x events. Maybe one day it will return!

I have def put most of these products to the test on course, street and strip. They have never let me down and I can't wait to see what they design next.



Last edited by Blingstrom; 08-16-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Blingstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #733
1MPREZD
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 464908
Join Date: Mar 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Warrenton, VA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX
Charcoal Grey Metallic

Default

Hello all,

I couldn't have had a better experience with Grimmspeed. Art helped me throughout the process, and even checked up to see how things were going. I have a 2012 Subaru WRX Sedan, and he helped me bundle multiple products together, for a great price. Those items included; the Grimmspeed Exhaust (with Limited package on the Downpipe), Turbo Shield, Up-pipe, Crossover pipe, 3-Port Boost Control solenoid, and lastly the Coated Top Mount Intercooler. I am still relatively new with Subaru's and fell in love with my WRX a little over 3 years ago. Started modding with the Cobb Accessport v3 and the Cobb Cold Air Intake (with box). By having these, I was completely convinced (at the time) that I would stick with the Cobb brand for my performance needs. After e-mailing Cobb about bundling certain items together, I learned they wouldn't give any sort of discount, besides the free shipping. This bothered me, so I started looking around, and saw that Grimmspeed just released an exhaust system for my WRX. I wanted something different than everyone else, so with more research, looked into this company.
With quality, reliability, and performance in mind, that is how I came to love Grimmspeed products, and made it a clear choice for me.
1MPREZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #734
FastForester
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 473743
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

I made a purchase from Grimmspeed, about thirty minutes later I had a tracking number. I made the purchase and Art refunded the Veterans discount amount to my paypal account.I will be a returning customer to Grimmspeed.
Thanks again Art.
FastForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #735
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

I've called Grimspeed a couple times in the last couple weeks. Coundn't have been more helpful. One time I had to leave a message, but they called back within 24 hours which was great!

They walked me through some troubleshooting steps and even went beyond their product support in helping. Top notch guys. It's easy to tell when you talk to someone who is and who isn't passionate about their product and the customer.

Two big thumbs up for Grimspeed! PS - T-shirt please ?
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #736
Skyteg970
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 453845
Join Date: Sep 2016
Default Great customer service

These guys are great. Customer service is awesome. They get right back to you. Are very precise so you don't get the wrong part. Every part I have received is of high quality. I will continue to purchase through this company. They sent me exactly what I needed for very cheap. It was completely my fault 100% and they went out of their way for me for a very small item I lost during installation.
Skyteg970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:26 PM   #737
raine1x
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 249038
Join Date: Jun 2010
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza TS
Pearl White

Default big thanks

Big Thanks to the folks at GrimmSpeed for all their help with my install~!

Great company, fast and helpful response. Will definitely buy from them again.
raine1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #738
limberpineobxt
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 463014
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

I have to say, Grimmspeed is top notch. I removed the GS TMIC from the car the other day to install the GS AOS and upon removing the TMIC the bolts embedded in the bushing sheared off. I sent a message to GS and now they are shipping me new bushings! It's great to see a company stand behind their products! I have always admired the quality of their products and now their customer services matches that same high quality!
limberpineobxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #739
MementoMori
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 445013
Join Date: Apr 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: MN
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

I have yet to purchase anything from GS, but had a chance last summer to meet the head of the company and tour the facility; excellent shop, friendly people and GREAT welds! Holy smokes beautiful welds.
MementoMori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #740
5nafu
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 490391
Join Date: Aug 2018
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Annapolis, MD
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Default

I can't say enough great things about GrimmSpeed products and customer service. Once you actually have one of their products in your hands you can see the quality of the craftsmanship. So far I have their 3" catted J-pipe, Stealth box CAI, EBCS, TMIC, lightweight battery holder and a few pieces covering the engine pullies and radiator. Each one of these products have the nicest welds you could ever imagine. Now I'm regrettying getting the AWE exhaust instead of going with theirs but maybe I'll correct that issue sooner then later. Keep up the great work!
5nafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:20 PM   #741
gassser
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 490603
Join Date: Aug 2018
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX base
White Pearl

Default

new to the forum, but have followed a few threads...and vendor threads...
would've gladly bought a Grimmspeed TMIC from them directly, but alas, they were out of stock (black unit sought), so went with another vendor (who had one ready to ship). what quality! out-the-box and in-the-car in less than a couple of hours. great looking/fitting intercooler with solid welds; R & D was unquestionable with no flaws whatsover. thx Grimmspeed.

*ordered a pulley cover and radiator shroud just the other night, and less than 24 hrs later, a tracking # for the pieces arrived (email track contained a link to post this). can't say enough positive comments about the parts/service obtained thus far. having spent a couple of years in Mpls, MN for graduate school, i KNOW the folk there are some of the best people in the world.
gassser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #742
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (212)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raine1x View Post
Big Thanks to the folks at GrimmSpeed for all their help with my install~!

Great company, fast and helpful response. Will definitely buy from them again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limberpineobxt View Post
I have to say, Grimmspeed is top notch. I removed the GS TMIC from the car the other day to install the GS AOS and upon removing the TMIC the bolts embedded in the bushing sheared off. I sent a message to GS and now they are shipping me new bushings! It's great to see a company stand behind their products! I have always admired the quality of their products and now their customer services matches that same high quality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
I have yet to purchase anything from GS, but had a chance last summer to meet the head of the company and tour the facility; excellent shop, friendly people and GREAT welds! Holy smokes beautiful welds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5nafu View Post
I can't say enough great things about GrimmSpeed products and customer service. Once you actually have one of their products in your hands you can see the quality of the craftsmanship. So far I have their 3" catted J-pipe, Stealth box CAI, EBCS, TMIC, lightweight battery holder and a few pieces covering the engine pullies and radiator. Each one of these products have the nicest welds you could ever imagine. Now I'm regrettying getting the AWE exhaust instead of going with theirs but maybe I'll correct that issue sooner then later. Keep up the great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassser View Post
new to the forum, but have followed a few threads...and vendor threads...
would've gladly bought a Grimmspeed TMIC from them directly, but alas, they were out of stock (black unit sought), so went with another vendor (who had one ready to ship). what quality! out-the-box and in-the-car in less than a couple of hours. great looking/fitting intercooler with solid welds; R & D was unquestionable with no flaws whatsover. thx Grimmspeed.

*ordered a pulley cover and radiator shroud just the other night, and less than 24 hrs later, a tracking # for the pieces arrived (email track contained a link to post this). can't say enough positive comments about the parts/service obtained thus far. having spent a couple of years in Mpls, MN for graduate school, i KNOW the folk there are some of the best people in the world.
Thank you so much for all the great feedback, we're very humbled to know that our efforts to have the best customer service in the industry are being recognized. We're just a big group of car guys here who order from and deal with automotive parts manufacturers and retailers on a weekly basis. For us it's a total no-brainer to treat our customers how we want to be treated when we're buying parts for our own cars, or better! Thank you again for all your GS support.

-Art
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| AIM: GrimmSpd | Phone: 612-379-0000
Email:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #743
noobz
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 427493
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Grimmspeed has been very helpful!!! Very quick response and always willing to help.

I had a GS TMIC but decided to switch back to factory TMIC. I realized I couldn't find any bolts/nuts that fit correctly for the factory inner hood duct. The ones I found at home depot were too long. I asked GS if I can somehow buy the bolts and nuts that they used for their TMIC since that was a perfect length/size. Although it's not something that they normally sell on its own, they were very accommodating and did a one time deal for me to get those bolts and nuts.

Thank you Grimmspeed.
noobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #744
Poolpartypablo
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 453891
Join Date: Sep 2016
Vehicle:
2017 Wrx
Wr blue

Default

Amazing customer service ! Sandra rocks! Thank you!
Poolpartypablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #745
Khaeras
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 502938
Join Date: Jun 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 STI
Red

Default Awesome customer service.

I wanted to reuse my 3port boost control selenoid in my new car and they were able to get my the proper mounting bracket for it. High quality all around Thanks again.
Khaeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #746
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (212)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobz View Post
Grimmspeed has been very helpful!!! Very quick response and always willing to help.

I had a GS TMIC but decided to switch back to factory TMIC. I realized I couldn't find any bolts/nuts that fit correctly for the factory inner hood duct. The ones I found at home depot were too long. I asked GS if I can somehow buy the bolts and nuts that they used for their TMIC since that was a perfect length/size. Although it's not something that they normally sell on its own, they were very accommodating and did a one time deal for me to get those bolts and nuts.

Thank you Grimmspeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolpartypablo View Post
Amazing customer service ! Sandra rocks! Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaeras View Post
I wanted to reuse my 3port boost control selenoid in my new car and they were able to get my the proper mounting bracket for it. High quality all around Thanks again.
Thanks for the kind words, guys. The GrimmSpeed crew here loves hearing positive feedback and are happy to have customers like you!

-Sandra
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| AIM: GrimmSpd | Phone: 612-379-0000
Email:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:32 AM   #747
Rod702
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (34)
 
Member#: 132978
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas NV
Vehicle:
2004 Mike angel tund
efr 7670 1.05 Twiscroll

Default

Grimspeed has mind blowing customer service and they stand behind their product. Made a customer for life!

Thanks for taking care of me!
Rod702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From me to you! (The merged Merry Christmas thread) subiepntbllr North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 76 12-26-2008 12:54 AM
Attn: Jamz (the merged thread) subarurabbit New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 42 04-12-2002 08:42 PM
What happened to the AWD Dyno? + Update merge SubyRSImpreza New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 23 08-20-2001 07:41 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.