Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 20, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
mr2.5rs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105635
Default CAI making O2 sensor go out?

alright, i have a 2004 RS. and i have a couple things done to my car. CAI, exhaust, short sifter, and rear sway bar. after i installed my CAI my check engine light came on for the O2 sensor. so i went and got it fixed and for awhile my car has been fine, but yesterday my check engine light came on again. and once again its the O2 sensor. could my CAI be the cause of my O2 sensor going out? same thing kinda happend to me bro-in-laws car (04 WRX) he put a intake on his car....check engine light came on...got it fixed...check engine light came on again...then he took off his intake and nothing has come up yet. so could my intake be the reason why that keeps happening. by the way its a Cobb cold air intake.

thanks

mike
mr2.5rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
v8eaterWRX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 108547
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2017 Tundra 1794
Lifted, Armored, Muddy AF

turbo-back exhaust?
v8eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
ThrawlWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 55878
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 GR LTD & 03 GD
SWP / PSM

RS was NA so no Turbo back. I used to have a CAI on my 03 (AEM) and I never had a single problem... But it is very possible that something is wrong with the filter, and particles could be taking your sensor out pretty quick. First I would go back to stock and see if it happends again. Then If you still want an intake, get the SPT shortram, if you want to be somewhat safe.
ThrawlWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
mr2.5rs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105635

that sounds like a good idea! i'm going to be taking off my CAI today and see what happens. thanks so much for the help!

mike
mr2.5rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
v8eaterWRX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 108547
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2017 Tundra 1794
Lifted, Armored, Muddy AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrawlWRX
RS was NA so no Turbo back. I used to have a CAI on my 03 (AEM) and I never had a single problem... But it is very possible that something is wrong with the filter, and particles could be taking your sensor out pretty quick. First I would go back to stock and see if it happends again. Then If you still want an intake, get the SPT shortram, if you want to be somewhat safe.
reading owned me
v8eaterWRX is offline   Reply With Quote