Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-10-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
dan avoN7
Top Scoob 002

Member#: 32771
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
03 Black WRX
04 White M3

Default Defi Oil Pressure, adapter for gallery???

Hey i am about to start installing my set of defi gauges that i just got. I used to have autometer so i know how to install gauges pretty well but had a question on the oil pressure. I read up on scoobymods and it shows them installing it in the rear gallery just under the intercooler. It also shows using an adapter from subaru that u thread in the gallery then u screw the oil pressure sensor in to it. I was just wondering if anyone has installed the defi sensor and can confirm needing to do this? or can i just screw the sensor in dirrectly so i dont need to make a trip to the dealor. Thnx and heres the link to scooby mods, the adapter they show is a little more than 1/2 down the page.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1
dan avoN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
dan avoN7
Top Scoob 002

Vehicle:
03 Black WRX
04 White M3

anyone, this is the last tihng i have to do so if u know plz say something. I think i might just try taking off the cover piece with the hex key and trying and seeing if the sensor threads.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
cadprowrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 43938
Vehicle:
'03 WRX Sedan
white

Does anyone know what the thread is that the factory adapter piece is that they used (#11024AA210)? Looks 1/8npt, but can't tell for sure. Fixing to do this one myself, just with mechanical gauge instead.
cadprowrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:53 PM   #4
fastnoypi
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6886
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
MY01 EJ207 HTA35r
AVCS ON!

the defi oil pressure sender sensor thread right in no problem. did the mod with my car per scoobymods
fastnoypi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:14 AM   #5
MaK10
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33405
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy
Black

it will not screw right into the gallery plug... i bought the adapter for the gallery plug and it works perfectly.. it was like 8 bucks or something... the part number is in one of those threads on scooby mods about the oil pressure gauge..
MaK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:42 AM   #6
dan avoN7
Top Scoob 002

Vehicle:
03 Black WRX
04 White M3

okay well lately ive talked to other people who have defi gauges and they say it screws in. Once again i have defi gauges not autometer or others that might need an adaptor.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #7
MaK10
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33405
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy
Black

I have the defi gauges too, i just installed the oil pressure one last night cause i was waiting for the adapter... i didnt take any pictures of the adapter but i can take pictures of the gallery plug that was removed... and the small adapter that came with the defi gauge to show you the size difference..... the only way you will not need the adapter from subaru is if your tapping into the place behind the alternator, if you go there it screws right in... but the gallery plug is about 3x the size of the threads that are right on the sensor.... if you have any questions or want to see those pictures, PM me , ill help you out...
MaK10 is offline   Reply With Quote