Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Rockclimber399
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309680
Default 96/97 ej20g in 99 legacy OB questions

Hey guys, I don't have many posts but I've been lurking for quite a while now. I believe I have most of what I need to know in order but I just wanna confirm a few things.

Firstly I've done several swaps in the past but never attempted wiring. I've checked out some great guides for merging harnesses and am pretty confident it won't be a problem. Now onto the questions.

Is my ecu Pinout going to be identical to the 2.5 rs of the same year? (I was 2.5 stock) meaning can I just use those diagrams for my harness merging?

I just got a whole front clip with the rear LSD and axles included from a local importer for 2k. Does the rear diff drop right in? Do i need the rear axles, and if so do they need to be modified? Should I utilize the 5mt that is included? And to confirm i believe i need to swap the crossmember because im going to a turbo motor? Simply from a mileage standpoint it seems like a decent idea.

I plan on pulling the manifold and painting it, while I have it on the stand are there any seals I should be replacing? Should I do the hg's/timing belt/water pump? I rebuilt my ej25 three times and got tired of its weak points, and I'm curious what preventative stuff I should do before dropping it in, as I don't know this motor very well.

I guess I had a few more questions than I realized. Thanks guys in advance for any help/pointers you have.

I'll be posting pictures of the progress.
Rockclimber399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Rockclimber399
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309680

*crickets*

Anybody?

I know there is tons of knowledge on here, was kinda hoping more for a "welcome to the community, check out xx or yy"
Rockclimber399 is offline   Reply With Quote