Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 23, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-11-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
DoubleyouAreExMan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 465720
Smile Keeping my engine running well

My 2011 wrx has a little over 100k on it and because of all the stories out there I am just so paranoid one day it's going to blow up. I bought the car with about 75k on it. Since then I've added a killer b oil pan, pickup, and, and baffle, and also got the car protuned (with a careless downpipe too). The motor is 100% stock. I know the previous owner at least had a different exhaust they made him take off but I dont know if he did anything else or if it was tuned. Trans needs to be replaced / built and I can afford a 6spd swap but part of me is worried with my luck as soon as I get that fixed my engine will blow because if that happened I'd be in a really tough position.
*I'm going to buy an AOS when my trans gets fixed*
I have also been thinking an intake might be a good idea but I'm not sure if that really helps the engine run better or not and then I'd have to get my car tuned again.
I get my oil changed every 3k

I'm not sure if this is relevant but my car never throws codes. Never had a CEL in the 2years I've owned it. I hear people make jokes about their subarus and CELs lol so I've been happy about that (knock on wood)

I'm not really a car guy and neither is anyone in my family so I dont know much about cars to begin with other than what I've read online and my mechanics Ive talked to so sorry if this question sounds really dumbed down.

I will also add I am pretty decent at driving stick. I always rev match and never bog the engine down at low RPM. I do accslerate hard though and often times shift high, and I have no commute so I take mostly short trips, but I try to get out for a 10-20 mile drive every now and then for fun.

I'm really just looking for thoughts, tips, or things I should look for on my accessport while driving so I can be more aware and help my engine stay alive as long as possible.
DoubleyouAreExMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
Unabomber
👏 Big Ron 👏

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2740715
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...php?p=13628938

You don't need anything else other than keeping your right foot in check
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote