Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 18, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Tri-State Area Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Tri-State Area Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
siete
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499183
Vehicle:
2019 STI

Default Recommend a body shop on Long Island please.

Can anyone recommend a good body shop on Long Island that can paint match a 2019 STI (CWP) rear bumper to the car? I know this color is tough to match. Preferably in the Nassau county area, but west Suffolk isn't out of the question. Not Queens or Brooklyn though.

I had a shop near me try and failed twice. First time was way off, second try was better, but still a little off. I guess I can live with it but I'd rather try and get a closer match and these guys obviously can't do it.

The front bumper is a little off from the factory also, but less noticeable.
siete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
stilverbullet
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 57241
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2004 sti
psm SQC165

Not sure how off you say the front bumper is to the body. I would suggest you go by a dealer to see if that is normal as pearls can look the slightest bit off between plastic and metal painted surfaces. Lighting is key here... However, if your looking for a good A/B shop check out Gabe and crew @ http://www.impressiveautobody.com/ or on IG as well.
stilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
siete
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499183
Vehicle:
2019 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilverbullet View Post
Not sure how off you say the front bumper is to the body. I would suggest you go by a dealer to see if that is normal as pearls can look the slightest bit off between plastic and metal painted surfaces. Lighting is key here... However, if your looking for a good A/B shop check out Gabe and crew @ http://www.impressiveautobody.com/ or on IG as well.
Thanks for the reply stilverbullet. I was thinking to do that as well, not many have a WRX in pearl white anymore but I can try to find something.

It's weird because during the day the rear bumper I had painted is a few shades lighter but when I take a picture at night, it's shades darker.
siete is offline   Reply With Quote