Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-21-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
BDGWRXTR
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 494117
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
Steel Gray Metallic

Default The Truhart coilover review (if anyone cares😂)

https://www.truhartusa.com/product_p/th-s802.htm

So I decided to buy a set of Truhart coilovers and I bought these purely out of curiosity and they were only meant to be temporary as the eBay coilovers that came in my 06 WRX TR were unbranded eBay coils and the shock bodies were falling apart.

I ended up buying some used Fortune Auto 510s that I'm gonna send out to have rebuilt to replace these.

So I bought these on sale for $461 shipped roughly. Now I've seen alot of the Honda bois running these mostly Accords and seem to like them. But honestly if you own a Honda your funds and knowledge are probably pretty low, sorry .

So first off the brake line brackets were not even correct and I definitely bought the correct model from the part number based on their website so right off the bat wasn't really impressed. They did come with adjustable rear camber plates which was nice but it seems that the bolts that lock the camber into place were made of very cheap soft metal because when I tightened them to where I felt was acceptable before stripping the bolts it didn't lock them into place. I was able to move the camber setting even after it was tightened to I basically had to tighten them to the point of stripping them out to get them to hold. They seem to be holding for now anyway. There also seems to be no coating on the shock so something to keep in mind if you live over the salt belt. Now I contacted truhart and asked them if they had any recommended amount of preload and they instructed me to run zero pre load which I thought was odd. With that being said the car is very bouncy in the rear and pretty stiff in the front. When I'm on the highway and hit a significant bump going over a bridge for instance it jolts me out of my seat. Very disconcerning to be honest, another issue I've been having is I can't seem to keep the lower lock collar to stay tightened down ive had to crank them down a few times since installing them. I've had these in my car for probably 3-4 months now maybe longer and probably have like 3,000 miles on them or more and I'm not really impressed with them nor was I expecting to be but I figured I'd be the Guinea pig for anyone who was considering these.

For the value they are pretty decent I guess but honestly I wouldn't recommend these unless your on very limited budget. I honestly thought the Raceland Ultimos I had in my old E36 were better for the price bracket.

Also these are 8.7k front and 5.1k rear spring rates they did say you can get custom spring rates. And these did not have any dampening adjustment.

Last edited by BDGWRXTR; 02-21-2019 at 03:16 PM.
BDGWRXTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
WR Blue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 451536
Vehicle:
07 WRX
WR Blue

sup, I have a set of these for over a year now on my JDM 07 WRX. They are bouncy and non adjustable damping something that's a drawback. I also noticed that the brake line brackets don't line up. other than that they ride well and great priced for a decent set of coilovers.
WR Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
BDGWRXTR
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
Steel Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Blue View Post
sup, I have a set of these for over a year now on my JDM 07 WRX. They are bouncy and non adjustable damping something that's a drawback. I also noticed that the brake line brackets don't line up. other than that they ride well and great priced for a decent set of coilovers.

Yeah I mean for the price they're not horrible just would urge someone to spend a little more and get something nicer. Like I'm already sick of them I couldn't imagine dealing with these much longer but I got Fortune Auto 510s on the way.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
WR Blue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 451536
Vehicle:
07 WRX
WR Blue

cool the Fortune are way better.
WR Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #5
johncar
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500012

What is the verdict here, stock better or cheap alternatives? Are you keeping them on or moving on to something else?
johncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
BDGWRXTR
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
Steel Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncar View Post
What is the verdict here, stock better or cheap alternatives? Are you keeping them on or moving on to something else?

I don't recommend them they worked don't get me wrong but the ride was unpleasant I ended up swapping them out for fortune auto 510s I picked up used for $250 and sent them out to be rebuilt for $600 light years better then the truharts.