Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 8, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #276
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviously Tyler View Post
I picked up some LED fog bulbs on Amazon the other day, they don't exactly match the Limited/STi headlights color (I recently swapped to those too) but they were only $49.

The brand was JDM Astar or something similar to that. Size was H11, even though our fog lights call for H16.

They're great, they don't reach far obviously but they fill up the ground directly in front of the car with a clean white light. Much better than the stock halogen bulbs. I've had good luck with LED bulbs as fogs even though some people would not recommend it. Prior to these I had the Subispeed OLM 3000k LED bulbs that are no longer available but one eventually went dim after two years roughly. But not completely burned out. I got sick of the yellow anyway.
I already have a set of SubieLED 3S bulbs (I run the same in my DRL's) and like them a lot. You change change the color of the bulbs anytime you wish with the colored film.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #277
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Coils coming next week!



ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #278
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default Scoobyfreak86 2017 Lapis Blue Pearl STI Journal

Got a few updates! Coils should be here by the weekend from what I'm told.

Ordered a few things from subispeed that should arrive later this week as well.

I also have a buyer for my steering wheel, so when that sells I'll scoop up a subispeed wheel.

Here are some quick snaps of the car today after this weekends re-application of collinite 845 after my weekly wash. Love this color!



ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #279
Dalessio
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 358693
Join Date: Jun 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatchback
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

845 makes such a difference, it was surprising the first time I used it. I applied a coat in mid May and even though it hasn't been washed in 4 weeks, the depth you get from the paint is amazing.
Dalessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:36 PM   #280
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalessio View Post
845 makes such a difference, it was surprising the first time I used it. I applied a coat in mid May and even though it hasn't been washed in 4 weeks, the depth you get from the paint is amazing.
I was against it for a little while and was sticking to my P21S, which still looks great. It just didn't last as long as I want. 845 lasts longer and to my surprise really brought out more depth and pop than I remember P21S doing. The only thing I don't like about C. 845 is how it sweats in the heat. Easy to remove, but I suppose it's a small flaw for a better result.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #281
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Good Afternoon Fellas!

I have some exciting stuff coming my way in the next few days. I will be sure to post my reviews/thoughts/pictures of the installs once they all come in. I figured I would give a little bit of a recap for anyone curious.

- Yellow Lamin-x Film for the Morimoto LED fogs (I missed the yellow)
- Subispeed C Light DRL wire harness
- Forunate Auto 500 Coilovers with Swift Spring and Radial Bearing Upgrades
- Subispeed PK (full alcantara) version Steering Wheel

I'm really looking forward to installing all this stuff! It should really finish off the car nicely. The only other things I am looking to do are new tires, TPMS, a few interior goodies, and some tint. Power is still the last thing on my mind, but maybe after all this stuff I will start doing some research for a solid stage 1 tune. I really want to snag the turbosmart recirculating kompact bpv. I had the same one in my WRX and loved it.

Either way, be on the lookout for some mod posts!

Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 07-21-2017 at 12:09 PM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #282
FL4TFTW
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256953
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Vehicle:
2014 Built DGM BRZ
2016 Fiesta ST WP Tricoat

Default

New tires?? You just got new tires! For winter?

Good call on the stage 1 tune and bpv. I had the same one on my WRX as well and have a turbosmart bov on my BRZ. Excellent products.
FL4TFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #283
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4TFTW View Post
New tires?? You just got new tires! For winter?

Good call on the stage 1 tune and bpv. I had the same one on my WRX as well and have a turbosmart bov on my BRZ. Excellent products.
The tires on the 57dr's are used and worn. Not to mention they are extreme summer tires. The car won't make it 1 day through a NJ winter haha. Not to mention they sound like I have mud tires since they are worn.

I did the same on my wrx. The Turbosmart recirculating BPV was an awesome addition. Added such a sweet noise and that reassurance of holding the boost every time. I am sure I'll snag one at some point once I dip into the power stuff.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #284
FL4TFTW
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256953
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Vehicle:
2014 Built DGM BRZ
2016 Fiesta ST WP Tricoat

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
The tires on the 57dr's are used and worn. Not to mention they are extreme summer tires. The car won't make it 1 day through a NJ winter haha. Not to mention they sound like I have mud tires since they are worn.



I did the same on my wrx. The Turbosmart recirculating BPV was an awesome addition. Added such a sweet noise and that reassurance of holding the boost every time. I am sure I'll snag one at some point once I dip into the power stuff.
Ahhh okay I must have missed that. You should probably just add an intake as well to accentuate the sound even more . Turbo cars without loud intake noises are no fun.
FL4TFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #285
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4TFTW View Post
Ahhh okay I must have missed that. You should probably just add an intake as well to accentuate the sound even more . Turbo cars without loud intake noises are no fun.
Haha, I had a cobb intake on the wrx as well. Sounded great. I'll see what my plans are once I settle down with all the recent mods. I'm happy with the power for a daily driver, but can't deny a little more pep or some more power down low wouldn't hurt.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:16 PM   #286
FL4TFTW
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256953
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Vehicle:
2014 Built DGM BRZ
2016 Fiesta ST WP Tricoat

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Haha, I had a cobb intake on the wrx as well. Sounded great. I'll see what my plans are once I settle down with all the recent mods. I'm happy with the power for a daily driver, but can't deny a little more pep or some more power down low wouldn't hurt.


Yessir. My 3 favorite mods were intake, exhaust, and TP stage 1 tune (until I went stage 2 protuned). Just enough sound and just enough power without breaking the bank.
FL4TFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:25 PM   #287
M3lover1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440553
Join Date: Feb 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI Base
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Good Afternoon Fellas!

I have some exciting stuff coming my way in the next few days. I will be sure to post my reviews/thoughts/pictures of the installs once they all come in. I figured I would give a little bit of a recap for anyone curious.

- Yellow Lamin-x Film for the Morimoto LED fogs (I missed the yellow)
- Subispeed C Light DRL wire harness
- Forunate Auto 500 Coilovers with Swift Spring and Radial Bearing Upgrades
- Subispeed PK (full alcantara) version Steering Wheel

I'm really looking forward to installing all this stuff! It should really finish off the car nicely. The only other things I am looking to do are new tires, TPMS, a few interior goodies, and some tint. Power is still the last thing on my mind, but maybe after all this stuff I will start doing some research for a solid stage 1 tune. I really want to snag the turbosmart recirculating kompact bpv. I had the same one in my WRX and loved it.

Either way, be on the lookout for some mod posts!
Can't wait!!!

M3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #288
icedcoco
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259021
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Premium
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
- Yellow Lamin-x Film for the Morimoto LED fogs (I missed the yellow)
I thought you got rid of the Morimoto fogs? Or you just uninstalled and had them sitting around.
icedcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #289
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedcoco View Post
I thought you got rid of the Morimoto fogs? Or you just uninstalled and had them sitting around.


Nope I never got rid of them. Just took them out and ran the stock fogs with the subiled bulbs for a bit. Decided that I prefer the morimoto performance better but I missed the yellow color. So I got the film to get me where I want to be.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #290
icedcoco
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259021
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Premium
SWP

Default

Gotcha. I went back and forth on whether or not to get the yellow film, but ultimately decided to buy them right with the fogs. It was the right decision for me.
icedcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #291
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default Scoobyfreak86 2017 Lapis Blue Pearl STI Journal

Got a chance to install the yellow film on the morimoto fogs this weekend. Turned out great. Not as yellow or bright as the subieled bulbs, but overall it's a nice look.

The last picture is the subieled bulbs. As you can see, they are a deeper yellow, which is a preferred look. However, the morimoto's seem to project the light better as it is more concentrated.

I also installed the subispeed c light drl harness, but I Am most likely removing it. For 80 dollars, it doesn't seem up to par as the pins don't fit nicely and seems like a cheap piece. I'll rock it for this week and see if it changes my mind. But as of now, I am not a big fan of it.









ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #292
Northern
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 425051
Join Date: Jul 2015
Vehicle:
2016 HyperBlue STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
I also installed the subispeed c light drl harness, but I Am most likely removing it. For 80 dollars, it doesn't seem up to par as the pins don't fit nicely and seems like a cheap piece. I'll rock it for this week and see if it changes my mind. But as of now, I am not a big fan of it.
You can say that for almost everything they put their name on.
Northern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #293
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post
You can say that for almost everything they put their name on.
Yeah, with everything I got from them I haven't been too crazy about it. I have one of their steering wheels coming this week, so I am hoping they prove me wrong with that. Either way, the C light harness is coming out and going to stick to my normal DRL subieled look.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #294
Northern
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 425051
Join Date: Jul 2015
Vehicle:
2016 HyperBlue STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyFreak86 View Post
Yeah, with everything I got from them I haven't been too crazy about it. I have one of their steering wheels coming this week, so I am hoping they prove me wrong with that. Either way, the C light harness is coming out and going to stick to my normal DRL subieled look.
I think most of their suppliers are on the lower level, unless openly advertised.

I've only seen one of their wheels in person, it was pretty much brand new, but it looked and felt good.
Northern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #295
dichoi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 439085
Join Date: Jan 2016
Default

Did the coils arrive?
dichoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #296
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post
I think most of their suppliers are on the lower level, unless openly advertised.

I've only seen one of their wheels in person, it was pretty much brand new, but it looked and felt good.
Yeah it seems it. Shame since they do carry a solid amount of products. Wish they were a bit more upscale and sold more quality stuff. I find myself searching their site for stuff, but then buying else where.

The steering wheel seems to be an exception from what I can tell. It has been getting great reviews everywhere. I missed my alcantara wheel in my M3 and wanted one back since. I am excited for it to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichoi View Post
Did the coils arrive?
Fedex came Saturday, but signature required and I wasn't home. I had them re-route it to hold at a local fedex by me so I can swing by on the way home from work and get them. I don't want to miss them again. But they are indeed complete and almost in my hands. Now it's just a matter of finding the time to install them. Wish there were some locals I trust that were willing to lend a hand!
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #297
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

July 26, 2017

What's being installed: Subispeed PK style full alcantara steering wheel

Mileage: 4,459

One of the main things I enjoy upgrading is the steering wheel. Most stock wheels leave a lot to be imagined and the STI was no different. It had the nice flat bottom and a few notches for your hands, but it never felt right. It felt uncomfortable to me and even the perforated sides bothered my hands. It almost felt like it would rub my hand raw in certain circumstances. The 10 and 2 knobs were way too abrupt and large to ever make your hands comfortable. I knew it needed a change and subispeed has some excellent options.

I loved my gt spec wheel in my wrx and knowing how much it changed the overall driving dynamic of the car made the price worth it. Not to mention, I was able to sell my stock wheel so that helped lessen the blow. There are some nice options subispeed offers, but I didn't hesitate to jump for the full alcantara version. I had an alcantara wheel in my m3 and I missed it a lot. Glad to see it was an option from subispeed so I snagged it up.

It arrived about a week later and I got to say, this is a nice piece. The boxing is fantastic and the materials and stitching are superb. A ton more notches and grooves to comfortably place your hands on the wheel. The 10 and 2 knobs are perfect as it is more of a progression instead of an abrupt bump. I was surprised to find a few finger notches on the back under the steering wheel controls that fit my fingers perfectly. You can't see them in the pictures in their site, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was already 9pm and i told myself I would install it over the weekend, but I got anxious and went to the garage.

Install is extremely simple. Very similar to all the other steering wheels I've done. Made sure I was taking my time and going slow not to mess anything up. To my surprise, I managed to finish the install in 30 minutes. Everything fit back just like OEM. All buttons work and light up. No airbag blew up in my face. I was a happy camper. All in all a solid install.

The wheel really updates the interior a ton. Car feels way more luxurious and quality. The steering wheel is the one part of the car that you constantly touch, so I'm glad I went with something quality. I highly encourage anyone interested in one to get one! Subispeed parts I've received seem to be subpar, but the steering wheel is the quality that I would expect. It's very well worth it and makes driving the car that much more enjoyable. I look forward to driving even more now!

Only issue I encountered was the windows acted a little funky after I reconnected the battery. After some reading, I found out that when the battery resets, it de-programs the switches. What you need to do is roll the window down half way and then back up and hold the switch for 5 seconds. After that everything works as normal.

Next up...coilovers. They have arrived.




















Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 07-27-2017 at 11:46 AM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #298
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default Scoobyfreak86 2017 Lapis Blue Pearl STI Journal












Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 07-27-2017 at 02:04 PM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #299
dichoi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 439085
Join Date: Jan 2016
Default

Chris,

That wheel looks great! I'm interested to see how the alcantara/stitching holds up. I'm pretty interested in a full alcantara wheel as well. It will most likely be the JDM S207 wheel for me. Can't wait to see the coils installed
dichoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #300
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 338329
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichoi View Post
Chris,

That wheel looks great! I'm interested to see how the alcantara/stitching holds up. I'm pretty interested in a full alcantara wheel as well. It will most likely be the JDM S207 wheel for me. Can't wait to see the coils installed
Thanks Devin. It is really nice in person. Way nicer than the photos depict. I am used to dailying an alcantara wheel, so it's easy to keep clean. Also, I am a clean person so as long as you don't eat in your car and smear potato chip grease, you'll be fine. I normally wipe it down with a damp microfiber every wash and once in a while take a soft bristle toothbrush and fluff up the fibers. Sonax also has a microfiber cleaner as well that seems to work well, but I've never had to go that far to keep my steering wheel clean.

The S207 is nice and can appreciate the OEM quality. Just seemed too redundant for me since it's the same wheel, just different material. I wanted something thicker and a bit more to it. The subispeed wheel did it for me. Really nice stuff.

Me neither! I've been staring at this 4x4 STI for a while now and can't wait to get some time to put them on. Shooting for this weekend, but can't make any promises. Either way, looking forward to it.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.