Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-28-2001, 10:11 PM   #1
Hakaider
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6760
Default Having trouble with my TurboXS BOV...

I have the TurboXS Type-H BOV and last week, I was packing a few friends around and noticed that the "whooosh" sound was missing during my shifting. (high revs, low revs, didn't matter.) So we opened up the hood, and rev'd a few more times and noticed that the valve wasn't opening. Had a bowling date to get to so left it as is and went bowling for a couple hours. Then after I dropped the last friend off at their house, I began the road home and then I noticed some faint "whoosh" sounds, progessively getting louder, until the BOV was at full audible level. So I kinda left it at that and it's been working ever since...until today. This time I wasn't packing any friends so it couldn't be that the BOV just didn't like the company I kept, but now the valve isn't opening again.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? Is it my friends?

So now I'm considering getting the stock BOV and slapping that back on. But before I do that, I thought I'd consult the gurus on this board, as I'm pretty much a newbie at this. Any clues folks?

BTW, the only engine mods, or any mods for that matter is the TurboXS BOV...
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2001, 10:34 PM   #2
TurboXS
Former Vendor

Member#: 4143
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
WR Blue

Sounds like there may be something between the piston and the bore. I sent you an e-mail. Call me tomorrow and we'll sort this out.

Mark
TurboXS
TurboXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 11:59 PM   #3
Hakaider
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6760
Default BTW...

BTW,

I'm not implying that Mark and TurboXS puts out shoddy equipment. Nothing could be further than the truth. I was just figuring that it was my own ineptness that was the cause. As can be seen by the speed of the reply from Mark, it goes to prove that Mark really cares about his customers! And it goes a long way. I WILL order more from TurboXS, thats for sure. (can we say Unichip?)

Mark: I tried your suggestions as per your e-mail and it works great! I e-mailed you some followup questions...
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 12:02 PM   #4
Dolphino
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8009
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sport Wagon
WR Blue (Automatic, Baby)

Default Reset the ECU

After getting the type-h bov from Mark, was getting alot of 'back flutter' on the throttle up. An ECU reset cleared that up.

Bout a month later, had Mark send me the type-h RFL (yes, it is loud ). Didnt see a need for ECU reset. Well, a week after install (last night) the BOV started getting stuck (just short of closing), or not opening at all. Just took the cap out, rotated the plunger 90 degrees (beautifully machined, mark!), and stuck it back in. Then did an ECU reset. Works like a champ!

It is clear that the ECU learns vacuum needed to open the BOV.

G'day!
E

BTW - i have an AT and am constantly abusing my scoobie with throttle-ups to fire off the BOV, 'specially while passing hondas with their windows down!
Dolphino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 09:08 PM   #5
mdntridr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8886
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 Ford Ranger
'05 Honda VTX1300C

Question back-flutter?

Quote:
After getting the type-h bov from Mark, was getting alot of 'back flutter' on the throttle up. An ECU reset cleared that up.
Dolphino, when you say "back-flutter", what exactly are you experiencing? I just installed my Type-H, and it's great, except when just coasting on idle (in second gear, for example) if I step on the gas their seems to be an excess of jerkiness (is that a word?). It definitely was not there 15 minutes ago with the stocker.

At any rate my car is sitting overnight with the battery disconnected, hopefully after the ECU reset it will all go away. Perhaps Mark will see this thread and tell me to add a few more washers...

--Greg--
mdntridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 09:20 AM   #6
Hyperdash
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8577
Vehicle:
2002 wRx wHiTe OnE
AsPiRiNg I-cLuB RyCeBoI

OMG hakaider!!!

Juspion is my favorite.....

shaider is a close second..
Hyperdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #7
thegoodlife
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71871
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 Vans - Slip ons
:( sold

I'm fluttering as well. Somebody needs to check this post and report back to me. I emailed TurboXS tech email. It sounds kinda gurgly, and there is some red specks of oily stuff. Could be internal bleeding?
thegoodlife is offline   Reply With Quote