Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #11
ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seef824 View Post
Having owned a MK6 Golf R, my vote would be the newest R (MK7.5) or potentially MK8 if you are able to wait that long. I traded my R in on a 335 and aside from the quality of the BMW, I missed how much fun the R was and how unique it was. Now M3's are obviously a lot different than the 335.

As you mentioned, there are some really good options out there to bump the power up drastically. With your taste in your STI, I would also imagine you doing the R up quite nicely with wheels, suspension and visuals.

I hope to be back in an R in the next couple years. It really is the complete car: hatch, AWD, underrated handling, better build quality, sleeper looks (unless you go loud on color).
Right now I am between the e90 m3 or a Golf R. I couldn't do a non M BMW. I know... snob haha.

The power isn't something that I would be after. I am not a number hunter and even consider the stage 1+ tune I have on my STI to be more than adequate for the street. It would be fun to have more, but I find myself content with the usable around town power the STI provides.

The Golf R I already have a visual in mind of how I would like it to look. I tend to go on the simpler side of things and try to keep things OEM+ and tame, yet making an aggressive statement. I would be looking at lapiz, white, or the grey color. I briefly looked at the new green color they offer, but not sure if I could go through with it if I were to get one.

Yes, the Golf R is basically the best end all be all car in the sub 40k category. It really tics every box off an does with flying colors. I messaged a few dealers to see what kind of deals they could get me, but it seems they are still trying to sell these things at a premium and don't do many deals on them. The quotes I am getting are easily in the lightly used F80 m3 territory.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote