Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday June 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #26
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman9207 View Post
I don't see it as an option to purchase.
We just got it back from powder coat like 3 days ago, lol. We'll be adding it to the site on our next site update. The powder option is $35, if anyone wants one this way, just shoot us a PM
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #27
jayman9207
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 463582
Join Date: Feb 2017
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Central Texas
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited 6MT
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
We just got it back from powder coat like 3 days ago, lol. We'll be adding it to the site on our next site update. The powder option is $35, if anyone wants one this way, just shoot us a PM
Saving my pennies now! Should be able to pick one up soon. Does just the AOS come with the "non plumbing" one or are some of the fittings also included?
jayman9207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:27 PM   #28
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman9207 View Post
Saving my pennies now! Should be able to pick one up soon. Does just the AOS come with the "non plumbing" one or are some of the fittings also included?
The bare setup, without the hose/clamp install kit, comes with mounting hardware and all the AOS fittings. Essentially it's made to be installed or cars that already have an AOS installed that you may not be happy with or looking for something better to handle higher performance applications. The 'bare' setup makes this install fairly easy, as you re-use all the hoses that have already been installed. The full setup with install kit is when you want to replace hoses with hoses that are motorsports grade, or you're starting with no AOS installed.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:04 PM   #29
mchrenen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 72427
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago suburbs
Vehicle:
2016 WRX ltd
03WRX/07FXT/09STI sold

Default

What about IAG what is everybody running... I think the IAG install location looks cleaner. My tuner/shop is recommending the radium with the ma cylinder brace, but I could just buy the perrin mcb... I already have their pitch stop brace waiting for install. I like the killer b unit but the other 2 are heated and I am in cold climate in Chicago. I also have the grimmspeed TMIC which removes the engine cover and I don't wanna see hoses and **** everywhere... which one would work better for my situation? Car is a DD hoping to see 2-3 track days a year... thanks
mchrenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:03 AM   #30
BriGuyWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 435149
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Chicagoland Burbs~
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
WRB~

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchrenen View Post
What about IAG what is everybody running... I think the IAG install location looks cleaner. My tuner/shop is recommending the radium with the ma cylinder brace, but I could just buy the perrin mcb... I already have their pitch stop brace waiting for install. I like the killer b unit but the other 2 are heated and I am in cold climate in Chicago. I also have the grimmspeed TMIC which removes the engine cover and I don't wanna see hoses and **** everywhere... which one would work better for my situation? Car is a DD hoping to see 2-3 track days a year... thanks
I just installed the IAG street on my car. All the hoses are routed under or behind anything that would have been under the engine cover. Only hoses I have visable run along side the charge pipe but I was lazy in the tie down. I'm sure I could have cleaned it up more. I'm actually in the NW burbs of Chicago so that's why I went with a heated element AOS. Got an appt with JR through P n L this month for a flex fuel tune. What shop are you using right now?
BriGuyWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #31
mchrenen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 72427
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago suburbs
Vehicle:
2016 WRX ltd
03WRX/07FXT/09STI sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuyWRX View Post
I just installed the IAG street on my car. All the hoses are routed under or behind anything that would have been under the engine cover. Only hoses I have visable run along side the charge pipe but I was lazy in the tie down. I'm sure I could have cleaned it up more. I'm actually in the NW burbs of Chicago so that's why I went with a heated element AOS. Got an appt with JR through P n L this month for a flex fuel tune. What shop are you using right now?
Thanks for the info. I have been going to six star motorsports for awhile and plan on getting my tune through them.
mchrenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #32
uofime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 421271
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Galaxy Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchrenen View Post
What about IAG what is everybody running... I think the IAG install location looks cleaner. My tuner/shop is recommending the radium with the ma cylinder brace, but I could just buy the perrin mcb... I already have their pitch stop brace waiting for install. I like the killer b unit but the other 2 are heated and I am in cold climate in Chicago. I also have the grimmspeed TMIC which removes the engine cover and I don't wanna see hoses and **** everywhere... which one would work better for my situation? Car is a DD hoping to see 2-3 track days a year... thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuyWRX View Post
I just installed the IAG street on my car. All the hoses are routed under or behind anything that would have been under the engine cover. Only hoses I have visable run along side the charge pipe but I was lazy in the tie down. I'm sure I could have cleaned it up more. I'm actually in the NW burbs of Chicago so that's why I went with a heated element AOS. Got an appt with JR through P n L this month for a flex fuel tune. What shop are you using right now?
I'm betting SixStar, Marvin loves him some Radium

I've never seen anything other than broscience to support the mastercylinder brace being anything other than a farkle on this generation.

.... Similar issue for AOS too, pretty much no actual quantitative data to help you pick one over another (though some have really pretty pictures!!!!)

Any of the three will work fine, so which one is prettiest/fits your budget?
uofime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #33
mchrenen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 72427
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago suburbs
Vehicle:
2016 WRX ltd
03WRX/07FXT/09STI sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofime View Post
I'm betting SixStar, Marvin loves him some Radium

I've never seen anything other than broscience to support the mastercylinder brace being anything other than a farkle on this generation.

.... Similar issue for AOS too, pretty much no actual quantitative data to help you pick one over another (though some have really pretty pictures!!!!)

Any of the three will work fine, so which one is prettiest/fits your budget?
Haha yep sixstar... I know the brake ma cyl brace is not required but I am adding the PERRIN pitch stop brace (because of the recall on the failing bracket welds) which also includes a clutch mcb so the brake mcb is all that's left. Figured might as well add it while everything is apart be done. Our firewalls are very thin and do flex a lot. I am leaning towards the radium cuz it does look pretty
mchrenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #34
uofime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 421271
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Galaxy Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchrenen View Post
Haha yep sixstar... I know the brake ma cyl brace is not required but I am adding the PERRIN pitch stop brace (because of the recall on the failing bracket welds) which also includes a clutch mcb so the brake mcb is all that's left. Figured might as well add it while everything is apart be done. Our firewalls are very thin and do flex a lot. I am leaning towards the radium cuz it does look pretty
Oh, yeah Radium stuff is real pretty!

IMO if you can deal with the NVH you'd be better off doing motor and trans mounts over fooling around trying to brace the pitchstop
uofime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #35
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman9207 View Post
some have really pretty pictures!
I'm more a function over pretty, but there's no reason not to show off fabrication craftsmanship...



KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #36
uofime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 421271
Join Date: May 2015
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Galaxy Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
I'm more a function over pretty, but there's no reason not to show off fabrication craftsmanship...
To be clear, I was not talking about your pretty pictures. They're not pretending to be anything more than what they are, welding p0rn!
uofime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #37
psyclobe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395439
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: CA, Fresno
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Crystal Black Silica

Default

KillerB is killing it (literally!). However the IAG AOS is also a good choice.
psyclobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #38
CFM56
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 460834
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Northwest
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Dark Blue

Default

Hey Killerb please make an install vid of your AOS, I have it sitting next to me but I'm too derp with the instructions.
CFM56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #39
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

FA or GR/GD? There should have been some diagrams, but we're going to have more info soon, we've just be caught up I getting ready for Boxerfest.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #40
CFM56
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 460834
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Northwest
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Dark Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
FA or GR/GD? There should have been some diagrams, but we're going to have more info soon, we've just be caught up I getting ready for Boxerfest.
FA Twenty
CFM56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:25 AM   #41
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchrenen View Post
I like the killer b unit but the other 2 are heated and I am in cold climate in Chicago.
Reviewing old threads an notice a comment I should have responded to. Our AOS isn't heated, because it doesn't need to be The unit will accumulate some on the walls, but we've never had a situation where it came anywhere near effecting the performance or function. The other side of it, is that it takes literally less than 2 minutes to pop the top and look inside to inspect. If it has the goo on the sidewalls to a level that bothers you, it can be wiped down with rag. Our shop 2015 WRX (with stock engine, stock engine with GTX3067 turbo kit, and with sleeved and 3576) we would pop the top at every oil change and wipe it out with a rag one. Not because it needed it, but just to measure if the accumulation rate changed with the car as we changed setups over the years.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #42
Mike1Juliet
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486921
Join Date: Jun 2018
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

How do you guys deal with the sludge I've been reading about? Does sludge readily form in the drain tube of the AOS and if so how often do you clean it? What happens if it clogs? Does the AOS just fill up?

I've been considering one of the catch cans because of this phenomena and I don't really mind emptying the can every oil change.
Mike1Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #43
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 198281
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1Juliet View Post
How do you guys deal with the sludge I've been reading about? Does sludge readily form in the drain tube of the AOS and if so how often do you clean it? What happens if it clogs? Does the AOS just fill up?

I've been considering one of the catch cans because of this phenomena and I don't really mind emptying the can every oil change.
I really can only commend on our AOS. It only builds up to a point on our AOS. If for some reason you do have runaway accumulation, then inspecting and cleaning at oil changes would assure it never accumulates to a point of detriment to performance.

The drain is something that should also be checked for proper flow and function. If you live in a cold climate, we have options for that as well.

Keep in mind, there is NO AOS out there, heated or otherwise, that can prevent accumulation build-up in the lines. Even the factory service manual states that these PCV breather lines are part of the maintenance schedule (inspecting and checking). If your conditions (fuel, application, driving style, oil type, blowby amount, environmental, etc., etc...) are specific to building accumulation in the lines then it's something to be aware of and should be checked as needed.

As far as the catch can option... we have that as an option with our AOS too, if you do not want to drain back into the crankcase.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.