Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday August 14, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-01-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
envader
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 414827
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 9-2X STi
Arctic Silver

Default Ordering Issues w/ KS Tech

So I placed an order with KSTech back on the 14th of May. Nothing on the page indicated that the item I ordered was make-to-order, so I assumed that I would be getting a shipping notification within a day or two.

A week goes by without any communication. Then another. A few days ago, I finally tried to reach out to see what was going on, and have gotten complete radio silence from KS Tech, both when I left a voicemail message and when I used the contact form on their website. I tried leaving one last voicemail today, but still haven't heard anything back, so I just had to start a chargeback dispute with my bank.

Has anyone else has issues ordering items directly from KS Tech? I really like the perceived quality of their products, and was in fact thinking of ordering something else, but the lack of communication has really turned me off... [/end rant]
envader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #2
Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 60082
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

Not every company is instant in response. It depends on the size of the company and the roles of the personnel that handle the support function. Smaller companies will have fewer employees, and these employees tend to have a broader scope of duties. A bigger company may have dedicated customer support staff. A smaller company may have a person that handles 3 or 4 roles and customer support is 20% of their duty. People expect it's one or several people's dedicated job. That's not always the case. Plus if they're busy with other work or maybe on vacation, the work load may be delegated to non-standard staff who aren't as efficient and in themselves have other duties.

A few days should be no big deal. Depending on how they manufacture, they may build in batches and have some quantity on the shelf. They may also build to order and your product isn't started until after you purchase. I don't know their manufacturing process. There is some reality they follow that may or may not match your assumptions.

I ordered an intake from them a while ago, say a year or so. I wish I could recall how quickly it arrived. I don't recall the communication regarding it or if there was any form of verification. I'll need to dig up the old info.

In the grand scheme, I'm not sure what you were expecting. They are a manufacturer but a small one. Their company size is likely quite small. There's not much info online regarding company size, employees, etc. Maybe someone from KS Tech can comment and fill you in.

"KS Technology designs, manufactures, and sells specialty high-performance products for turbocharged Subarus. Our products are mostly made locally here the the Reno/Sparks/Tahoe area of Nevada, USA. We engineer, test, and use what we sell.

Please contact us by emailing [email protected]. You will almost always get the fastest response through email. For things that can not be handled via email you can call (775) 250-7903. We are often very busy and cannot always answer this phone, so please email us for fastest service."
Back Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
envader
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 9-2X STi
Arctic Silver

Quote:
Not every company is instant in response. It depends on the size of the company and the roles of the personnel that handle the support function. Smaller companies will have fewer employees, and these employees tend to have a broader scope of duties. A bigger company may have dedicated customer support staff. A smaller company may have a person that handles 3 or 4 roles and customer support is 20% of their duty. People expect it's one or several people's dedicated job. That's not always the case. Plus if they're busy with other work or maybe on vacation, the work load may be delegated to non-standard staff who aren't as efficient and in themselves have other duties.
Totally get that, which is why I waited basically a full week after first contact before I decided that "all was lost".

Quote:
I ordered an intake from them a while ago, say a year or so. I wish I could recall how quickly it arrived. I don't recall the communication regarding it or if there was any form of verification. I'll need to dig up the old info.

In the grand scheme, I'm not sure what you were expecting. They are a manufacturer but a small one. Their company size is likely quite small. There's not much info online regarding company size, employees, etc. Maybe someone from KS Tech can comment and fill you in.
I'm curious to see if you can find your order history. It's been 3 full business weeks since my original order placement, and 5 business days since I first reached out to check on the status.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
dev6565
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (11)

Member#: 424131
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited
Aspen White

Who cares how large or small a company is? Anyone that buys or sells anything knows it isn't a good idea to keep your customer in the dark about an order.

When people spend any amount of money with you they expect to be acknowledged that yes the order was placed and yes steps are being taken to build/deliver that product to you in a timely manner. No matter how you look at it radio silence for weeks on end with no confirmation that they even got your order and them not responding to your very reasonable questions as to what's going on is totally unacceptable.

Chargeback your card and spend your money with a company that cares about delivering the product your hard earned money paid for.
dev6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #5
IMPORTIMAGE
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (617)

Member#: 79304
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
CALL 941-257-9618
www.ImportImageRacing.com

I tell my customers to expect a 1-2 week wait when ordering ks tech, great products, but he makes each one to order. You can feel confident ordering from a reputable dealer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Open Daily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#1-941-257-9618 AIM= importimagerace

Best Deals on
!!! Let us Beat your Lowest Price Quote!!!!!

<>
IMPORTIMAGE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:36 PM   #6
Back Road Runner
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 60082
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester STI
Silver

I looked at my old e-mails. I had my original order confirmation and then two weeks later an order change notice, aka shipping confirmation. It did take a full two weeks to ship. I never did any communication with them, so I can't comment on that aspect of their company.
Back Road Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #7
envader
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 9-2X STi
Arctic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev6565 View Post
Who cares how large or small a company is? Anyone that buys or sells anything knows it isn't a good idea to keep your customer in the dark about an order.

When people spend any amount of money with you they expect to be acknowledged that yes the order was placed and yes steps are being taken to build/deliver that product to you in a timely manner. No matter how you look at it radio silence for weeks on end with no confirmation that they even got your order and them not responding to your very reasonable questions as to what's going on is totally unacceptable.

Chargeback your card and spend your money with a company that cares about delivering the product your hard earned money paid for.
THANK YOU! Glad to see somebody else agrees that this situation is pretty ridiculous.

The unfortunate part for me is that KS Tech is the only company out there (that I've found) that makes hood scoop block-off plates. Maybe I just need to make friends w/ a fabricator in my area...
Old 06-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #8
envader
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 9-2X STi
Arctic Silver

So I finally heard back from KSTech, apparently they had a batch of this item that was made incorrectly that required the order being delayed.

So it took almost a month, but they finally got the product to me. Happy for that!