Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 5, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-26-2020, 07:25 AM   #26
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
not my president
(From General)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkSTI View Post
Basically I think there will always be demand for muscle cars, and sports cars from all around the world.
Depends what you consider to be muscle cars. You can buy a brand new Mustang GT for $32k (I just test drove one) with IRS. People get burned all the time dreaming about that 70's muscle machine until they buy one and start driving it and realize they were mostly total crap. I grew up with these cars and know that there's a reason why none of them have a 100k mile digit on the odometer. It's because virtually none of these cars made it that long.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 10:46 AM   #27
Avet4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 123101

This thread is a touchy subject for me. I don't know the current age range of members on here but I was 17 when the first bugeye came to the US. I was a regular on the Cobb forums for years and years learning as much as I could from the older crowd that was actually able to purchase those cars, the GC RS, and the GD STI new.

I'm 36 now and able to afford it but all of a sudden there aren't any left. My theory is that the same thing that happened with BMW's happened with Subaru's. The price in the used market became affordable enough for a new wave of inexperienced kids to purchase them, destroy them with horrible mods, or part them out at the first moment they became bored with it.

t was common knowledge 16 years ago that you needed a tune with a downpipe. I've looked at 4 or 5 Subarus in the past month and I was baffled at the total lack of respect for a car that was made in such limited numbers.

It's honestly offensive to the psyche when I keep seeing perfectly good GD STI's getting parted out because "LOLZZZ CYLINDER 4 SAIDDDD SEEYAAA BROOOO" Did these people not know that Legacy GT's existed as well?
Avet4 is online now   Reply With Quote