Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday January 27, 2023
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-14-2022, 12:58 PM   #1
Panza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 269042
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 DGM STI Sedan

Default 2011 Subaru STI jumping codes between P2442 and P2443

Howdy friends,

So I've been chasing an engine code that seems to jump and I need a bit of support so I don't spend more money than I have to as these small fixes tend to add up.

Recently I've had issues with a jumping P2442 and a P2443 code. They both seem to be related to the Secondary Air Injection system valves. I've removed the intercooler and sprayed the air injection system with WD-40 and PBB which clears the codes temporarily but it always seems to return back to one of these two codes.

P2442 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stock Open (bank 2)
P2443 - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stock Closed (bank 2)

Is there an alternative fix to this, or am I left replacing a nearly $400 part?
Thanks guys
Panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #2
Panza
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 DGM STI Sedan

RockAuto solves the day.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:48 PM   #3
timpala11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 512891
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2010 STi/21 Passport
RIP 19 WRX & 16 FXT

From everything I read you would have to replace it or remove the system and have the CELs tuned out. I don't have a problem with mine for now but I will be removing it when I have the chance.
timpala11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:20 PM   #4
Panza
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 DGM STI Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpala11 View Post
From everything I read you would have to replace it or remove the system and have the CELs tuned out. I don't have a problem with mine for now but I will be removing it when I have the chance.
Yeah... I know that many people remove the system. I'm in a fairly strict state (Massachusetts) which insists it should stay in the vehicle. Also, removing the system would require a tune for the car.

After replacing the system, I'm considering if there's a lubrication or maintenance schedule that should go into the valve to prevent it from seizing again before natural condensation makes it rust out again. 11 years isn't a bad run though.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:41 PM   #5
Panza
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 DGM STI Sedan

Thought replacing the valve would be the solution but the P2443 code still persists. I inspected the internals of my secondary air valve and the condition was fair and there were no visual traces of rust that I could see.

I've reset the battery since replacing the valve and it seems to only trigger upon starts in the first/morning start up. Driving the car while it's warm does not trigger the P2443 code.

I wonder what else could be causing this issue.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:51 PM   #6
Kaleb2011STI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 531989
Vehicle:
2011 STI
World Rally Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
Thought replacing the valve would be the solution but the P2443 code still persists. I inspected the internals of my secondary air valve and the condition was fair and there were no visual traces of rust that I could see.

I've reset the battery since replacing the valve and it seems to only trigger upon starts in the first/morning start up. Driving the car while it's warm does not trigger the P2443 code.

I wonder what else could be causing this issue.
Did you ever figure it out? Iím having the same issue. Even after replacing the valve I still get a P2443 code
Kaleb2011STI is offline   Reply With Quote