Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 5, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463078
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default 2018 WRX Limited CWP build thread.

So, I figured I'd start a build thread on my car. Bought it way back in September 2017 brand new and it slowly began to make progress. I should've started this thread back when I first got the car but never thought of it and I didn't document a lot of my earlier work on the car well so bare with it.
This was my WRX to modify and I'm coming years of working on Hondas and Toyotas into a new (to me) field and I wanted to take my time to learn the car driving wise and learn what to do and not to do for maintenance & modifications. I bought the car after a couple of attempts to buy a couple of Civic Type Rs flopped (at the time they were being marked up beyond belief) and I didn't feel like waiting to order an '18 STI. I kinda settled for the '18 WRX Limited but over time I began to not regret the purchase. My orginial intentions for this car was to just daily it, leave it stock, then trade it for the next gen STI by the time it was paid off. I've since tossed that plan into the trash and diving head on into this car's progress. I've done quite a bit of tasteful modifications to it and I was always one of those quality>quantity people.

First few images are from day of purchase. Car came with the STI short shifter and leather shift knob.
[IMG]

[/IMG]
96JZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #2
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

July-September 2018
Within a year I had began to do some stuff to the car. First mods were an Invidia R400 cat back, ACT HD Street clutch & flywheel (the first couple batches of 2018 WRXs apparently had the same TOB issues as the '15-'17s apparently), Perrin shifter stop, Torque Solution shifter bushing, OEM optional Kicker speakers, and some minor interior changes. At this point there was about 27k miles on the car after a year.
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

November 2018-January 2019
The car really began to change late in 2018. That was when I decided to forget the original future plan of trading it for the next gen STI and began to do quite a bit more to the car.
Started off by ordering some minor cosmetic stuff like HT Autos rear spats & side skirt extensions, adding on the grille pinstripe, debadging, and ordered a set of HKS Hipermax IV-SP coilovers and Cusco rear lower control arms right before Thanksgiving '18. Shortly after I bought the wheels I wanted on the car for the longest time in Gram Lights 57DR in Eternal Blue Pearl with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports to wrap around them. I also though it was nice to tint my headlights while it was 20 degrees outside, that didn't go well lol.
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #4
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

In December the car had more minor cosmetic stuff done to it. I added a Bayson R CS front lip, APR canards, SubiSpeed tail lights, STI carbon trunk trim, Rally Armor mud flaps (mainly because the Super Sports held onto everything they touched), Hella horns to be just like every other WRX, and changed out the badges. Car was still pretty basic and but was quickly changing.
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #5
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

January 2019-March 2019
Found a modified set of SubiSpeed V1 headlights that worked on the '18+ Limited steering adaptive headlight system. The guy wanted to trade headlights and I did and I haven't looked back since I was lusting over these lights since I got the car. Shortly after, I found the exact style Seibon carbon fiber hood I was wanting for my car after it popped up for sale local to me. I wasted no time on either of them.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 PM   #6
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Around April I finally got tint done for this car. 35% sides & rear, 40% entire windshield.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #7
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

August 2019
Towards the end of summer I decided to lower the car more and did some brake upgrades.
StopTech slotted rotors, GoodRidge Hawk HPS pads, Motul fluid. Along with a slightly updated interior shot from last summer. Decided to hook up my AP, put the AP mount in, and changed up my AC knobs to red ones.
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #8
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Also attaching on some other parts I've bought over time and never listed. IAG AOS, Invidia catless J pipe, GrimmSpeed EBCS, Cobb AP & intake, PRL TGV/EGR deletes, GrimmSpeed lightweight battery kit, Perrin pitch stop mount & radiator shroud, SPT oil cap & battery tie down. There's still a lot of parts I need to get and most of them have yet to be installed since I wanna do it all at once.
Still needing to grab an ETS FMIC, BRZ manifold, Killer B EWG headers, Tial wastegates, flex fuel and AEM pump, FP Blue turbo, and some other minor engine mods.
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #9
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

The car was rear ended in October 2019 and took on some pretty decent damage to the right rear quarterpanel. As a send off to the bumper I decided to let a few people sign the bumper over the course of 3-4 months and found some light out of a bad situation. Ordered a ChargeSpeed rear bumper and was waiting for a bit for it to be made and shipped and to find a body shop around B'ham that was willing to paint it and repair the damage to my car (was not fun or easy since most shops in AL will look at a WRX as a "high end sports car" lol)
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #10
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

And as of April 3rd, 2020. The car will be going into the body shop finally for the new ChargeSpeed rear bumper to be painted and installed and the rear quarter to be repaired. Coronavirus pandemic set me back a bit longer on this part as the shop the bumper was having some fiberglass touched up at was closed for a couple weeks because their fiberglass guy had caught COVID. The SubiSpeed tail lights were also taken off as an unrelated incident between family caused the driver side to be smashed by "accident". They've since been replaced by the new Buddy Club tails and I'll have updated pics after the car returns from the body shop in a week or so!
[IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #11
96JZA
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Also forgot to add in the last post. The car has hit 60k miles in just over 2 1/2 years of ownership (had 14 on it when I bought it new) and will be doing full Motul gear fluid change and NGK plugs once the car is back from the body shop.