Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday June 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
View Poll Results: Who will be champs in 2019?
Atlanta Hawks 0 0%
Boston Celtics 4 12.50%
Brooklyn Nets 0 0%
Charlotte Hornets 1 3.13%
Chicago Bulls 2 6.25%
Cleveland Cavaliers 0 0%
Dallas Mavericks 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 0 0%
Detroit Pistons 0 0%
Golden State Warriors 13 40.63%
Houston Rockets 4 12.50%
Indiana Pavers 0 0%
Los Angeles Clippers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies 0 0%
Miami Heat 0 0%
Milwaukee Bucks 0 0%
Minnesota Timberpups 0 0%
New Orleans Pelicans 0 0%
New York Knicks 0 0%
Oklahoma City Thunder 0 0%
Orlando Magic 0 0%
Philadelphia 76ers 0 0%
Phoenix Suns 0 0%
Portland Trailblazers 0 0%
Sacramento Kings 1 3.13%
San Antonio Spurs 0 0%
Toronto Raptors 0 0%
Utah Jazz 1 3.13%
Washington Wizards 0 0%
Harlem Globetrotters 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #1601
Xzinum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50987
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysport View Post
Terrible time-out by Toronto. Up 103-97, around 3 minutes to go, had all the momentum, GS was tired.
As was Kawhi.

Also, I'd like to point out (without defending crowd) that *everyone* painted Durant as a villain for the last 3 years. Y'all are now shocked that 20k drunks cheered when he went down?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Xzinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #1602
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fire Caves
Vehicle:
2018 Type-RA 196/500
1999 OBS Camo Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzinum View Post
Also, I'd like to point out (without defending crowd) that *everyone* painted Durant as a villain for the last 3 years. Y'all are now shocked that 20k drunks cheered when he went down?
Shocked that was in Canada of all places, yes.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #1603
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzinum View Post
As was Kawhi.

Also, I'd like to point out (without defending crowd) that *everyone* painted Durant as a villain for the last 3 years. Y'all are now shocked that 20k drunks cheered when he went down?
Did Cleveland's crowd cheer when Haywards ankle went ****ing sideways?
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #1604
YungBoba
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 450808
Join Date: Jul 2016
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post
There is no overwhelming favorite anymore
As it should be. Overwhelming favorites make the league boring. Balance needs to be restored.

Regarding the timeout, yes it was dumb, but I can see why it was called. Inside of 2 minutes, you can only keep 2 timeouts, so if Nurse hadn't called it it would have been wasted. He wanted to give his players rest and clearly it backfired, but if they had won, nobody would have been talking about it.

Raps are undefeated at Oracle this year so let's see if they can continue that.
YungBoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #1605
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungBoba View Post
As it should be. Overwhelming favorites make the league boring. Balance needs to be restored.

Regarding the timeout, yes it was dumb, but I can see why it was called. Inside of 2 minutes, you can only keep 2 timeouts, so if Nurse hadn't called it it would have been wasted. He wanted to give his players rest and clearly it backfired, but if they had won, nobody would have been talking about it.

Raps are undefeated at Oracle this year so let's see if they can continue that.
I'm surprised they didn't have a play ready in the event of a final shot. They should have figured the Warriors would double Khawi in that situation yet they were completely unprepared.
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #1606
YungBoba
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 450808
Join Date: Jul 2016
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post
I'm surprised they didn't have a play ready in the event of a final shot. They should have figured the Warriors would double Khawi in that situation yet they were completely unprepared.
They should have planned better for that, yes.

Lowry had a decent look though. Draymond blocked the shot. This was missed by most people in real-time as they just assumed Lowry muffed it completely. Draymond actually got a hand on it.

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-ne...nning-attempt/
YungBoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #1607
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungBoba View Post
They should have planned better for that, yes.

Lowry had a decent look though. Draymond blocked the shot. This was missed by most people in real-time as they just assumed Lowry muffed it completely. Draymond actually got a hand on it.

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-ne...nning-attempt/
Yeah but they only need one ****ing point. They should had something setup to attack the rim. Not a play that leads to a desperation 3 where Draymond is closing out quickly.

You have three guys who are bigger than the Warriors biggest 3 defenders in Khawi, Siakem, and Gasol and yet they couldn't get anything near the rim.
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #1608
Xzinum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50987
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post
Did Cleveland's crowd cheer when Haywards ankle went ****ing sideways?
Was that in game 5 of the finals? Was Hayward vilified by 29 nba teams and literally all of sports media for 3 years for ruining the NBA? This terrible act on the part of the fans would have occurred in 29 arenas.
Xzinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #1609
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzinum View Post
Was that in game 5 of the finals? Was Hayward vilified by 29 nba teams and literally all of sports media for 3 years for ruining the NBA? This terrible act on the part of the fans would have occurred in 29 arenas.
Jesus I ****ing hope not.
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #1610
SilverBullets
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 390070
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Valley of the Sun
Vehicle:
2014 Cayman S,
2016 Macan Turbo

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysport View Post
Terrible time-out by Toronto. Up 103-97, around 3 minutes to go, had all the momentum, GS was tired.
I didn't really think it was that bad of a TO at the time. Toronto, Kawhi specifically, looked absolutely gassed when they called it.

What's more curious to me was not taking the TO for the final possession.
SilverBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #1611
carlos.danger
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 363268
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: California
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STi
WRB

Default

I think KD saw his team in trouble and tried to power through the injury. He wanted to be seen as the savior and win the series for the team.

Shame he reinjured or worsened the condition.

He certainly came out swinging. The Raps should capitalize next game.
carlos.danger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:33 PM   #1612
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fire Caves
Vehicle:
2018 Type-RA 196/500
1999 OBS Camo Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzinum View Post
Was that in game 5 of the finals? Was Hayward vilified by 29 nba teams and literally all of sports media for 3 years for ruining the NBA? This terrible act on the part of the fans would have occurred in 29 arenas.
You are completely skewing your dislike of Durant for everyone else's.

Far more people dislike LeBron, or Harden, or even Kobe than have ever disliked Durant. The Warriors changed the NBA before Durant even came over, and LeBrons move to Miami was far worse than Durants was.

The Warriors aslo don't play selfish Basketball, you can't vilify them for how they play. Green may be the most divisive player on the team, bit even he isn't nearly as rough as players like Barkley or Rodman.

Watching Warriors away games also proves that even fans of other teams enjoy seeing them play. So to say that everyone despises them is clearly incorrect.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #1613
Xzinum
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50987
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
You are completely skewing your dislike of Durant for everyone else's.

Far more people dislike LeBron, or Harden, or even Kobe than have ever disliked Durant. The Warriors changed the NBA before Durant even came over, and LeBrons move to Miami was far worse than Durants was.

The Warriors aslo don't play selfish Basketball, you can't vilify them for how they play. Green may be the most divisive player on the team, bit even he isn't nearly as rough as players like Barkley or Rodman.

Watching Warriors away games also proves that even fans of other teams enjoy seeing them play. So to say that everyone despises them is clearly incorrect.
Here's the thing, I don't hate that Durant left for the Warriors, but if you venture out of the Bay Area, the KD hate is real. I'm not saying it's warranted, just that it's a reality. You can assume anything you want, but when I referred to the "other 29 teams", I meant everyone except the Bay Area.

Harden and Lebron aren't winning anything, they won't be on KD's hate level today. Besides, LeBron was in the same situation in Chicago, where the crowd erupted in cheers when he limped back to the bench in 2013, and that was a regular season game.

It's disgraceful, but nothing new or isolated.
Xzinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #1614
markman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 93623
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brian Fellow's Safari Planet
Default

I'm outside of the bay area. I couldn't care less that KD went to GSW. No hate from me, and no hate from most people I know.

He had no allegiances to OKC, and if he'd torn his achilles this year with OKC he'd have probably done so with zero rings... I don't fault him at all for chasing rings with a superteam, everybody else was trying to do it too...

If anything, hate on Lebron for kicking off the superteam collusion craze, don't hate on KD for doing it better.
markman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #1615
Tilapia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42454
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post
Yeah but they only need one ****ing point. They should had something setup to attack the rim. Not a play that leads to a desperation 3 where Draymond is closing out quickly.

You have three guys who are bigger than the Warriors biggest 3 defenders in Khawi, Siakem, and Gasol and yet they couldn't get anything near the rim.
That is today's NBA. Any last shot is probably going to be a 3.
Tilapia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #1616
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

KD already had his surgery. Him and John Wall can recoup together this off season

At least KD has a way better story with his

KD: "ya dawg, I put up 11 pts in 12 minutes in an elimination Finals game when my **** blew up"

JW: "ya .. totally. ha ha. man. me falling in my house is what did mine in. pretty much the same thing, right? ha ha"
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:41 PM   #1617
Ripper
Kick (Disabled)
 
Member#: 7774
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: youtu.be/nA0-W2M4cJo?t=17
Default

Any of you other ancient ****s worry about your achilles now when they get mildly sore? I think about it all the time now.

If I work out and feel soreness I instinctually begin massaging them and back off for a day or two. I don't want to fruit roll up my ****.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #1618
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Any of you other ancient ****s worry about your achilles now when they get mildly sore? I think about it all the time now.

If I work out and feel soreness I instinctually begin massaging them and back off for a day or two. I don't want to fruit roll up my ****.


I don't think about it all the time, but yeah if it's sore I will be on alert.

It was sore today, and I went and played at the rec at lunch after taking some Advil. I don't really feel soreness now. If anything I just dial it down a bit. But that's with anything lower body at my age.

Edit: I'm way more in tune with what my lower back is doing though. I had a lot of recurring issues a few years ago, but I've been taking way better care of it and I haven't had the recurring chronic bull**** I used to get.
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:12 PM   #1619
Tilapia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42454
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post

If I work out and feel soreness I instinctually begin massaging them and back off for a day or two. I don't want to fruit roll up my ****.
We don't want to know what you do during your private time at the playground.
Tilapia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #1620
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

You confuse ripper with Kaiser?!
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #1621
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Hey, Ripper, totally unrelated...have you ever played the PS4 game Days Gone?
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #1622
Ripper
Kick (Disabled)
 
Member#: 7774
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: youtu.be/nA0-W2M4cJo?t=17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post


I don't think about it all the time, but yeah if it's sore I will be on alert.

It was sore today, and I went and played at the rec at lunch after taking some Advil. I don't really feel soreness now. If anything I just dial it down a bit. But that's with anything lower body at my age.

Edit: I'm way more in tune with what my lower back is doing though. I had a lot of recurring issues a few years ago, but I've been taking way better care of it and I haven't had the recurring chronic bull**** I used to get.
I'm waiting for the old man back pain game to start. I've largely avoided that so far. All the Cross country, bball, track and field just ate at my ankles over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilapia View Post
We don't want to know what you do during your private time at the playground.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-G View Post
Hey, Ripper, totally unrelated...have you ever played the PS4 game Days Gone?
Negative.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #1623
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I'm waiting for the old man back pain game to start. I've largely avoided that so far. All the Cross country, bball, track and field just ate at my ankles over the years.







Negative.
If you have a desk job and you're not sitting on something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Everlasting-C...gateway&sr=8-1

You should be.

The game is a post zombie Apocalypse game and there's a psycho cult group in it called Rippers.



Your name triggered the image
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #1624
Ripper
Kick (Disabled)
 
Member#: 7774
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: youtu.be/nA0-W2M4cJo?t=17
Default

Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #1625
PaPa-G
Scooby Potato
 
Member#: 156106
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth
Vehicle:
2018 FoST,RC390,GROM
Black

Default

Game 6 fam!

In off season news, it looks like Kyrie to the Nets is about 99% guaranteed. Bummer. They were fun to watch the past couple of seasons. Kyrie and his wet blanket ass is gonna ruin things .
PaPa-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.