Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
Ramzo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483671
Default P0606 CEL Code Issue

Hi so I just rebuilded my FA20DIT had MAP sensor CEL code so I replaced the MAP sensor and proceeded to clear the code. With no codes the car started fine and idle properly(this was with the obd2 hooked up). After decided to go for a test drive but it wouldnt start giving me a B1572 code which is related to the Immobilizer system. Found a 15A fuse burnt in the relay box on the right side of the inside one(will post pic to show) replaced it but problem was still there. Somehow I got to clear it but at this point the fuse isnt even installed. Burned 2 fuses. Car started a few times and then finally the P0606 popped up. It tries to start but it wont, it cranks and all but it wont.

So my questions are the following:

Does anyone know a possible fix for P0606? My battery is new so I discarded that possibility.

The engine has two grounds, one on the left side and one on the right side attached to the chassis. Is is possible that this bonding straps to produce a CEL code? I accidentally broke the right one when removing the engine assembly.

Where can I get any info on this fuse box? the one at the right of the pic, the vertical one with several 15A fuses? Name? System? Something?

http://tinypic.com/r/b4u78w/9

The pic is for some reason flipped, Im asking info for the black strip of fuses thats seen on top.

Please help with this. Wanna fix this quick, miss driving it.
Ramzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
PCWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485035
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
2005 RS Wagon

The first issue your having with the fuses I would go back and check the harness and wiring to be sure everything is connected correctly. Something sounds wrong there.

Definitely replace that ground you broke if you haven't done so already.

As for the P0606 code what year is your car? It may need an ECU revision some people have said this solves that code. Try re-flashing and see if the code pops up again.
PCWRX is offline   Reply With Quote