Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default MAPerformance Stage 2 for your WRX! ***FULL RELEASE AND WRITE UP ON POST 114!***

Our Stage 2 package is now ready to roll! All parts are sold individually for customers who wish to have their cars pro tuned to their liking, or we will provide a custom tune developed by us for free with the purchase of the entire package. All parts are hand fabricated in house of US made 304 stainless steel, and will come with MAP's lifetime warranty!

We began with the basics:

MAP Intake:

Features:

304 stainless steel CNC MAF flange
6" velocity stack built in to the intake for increased airflow
comes with a MAF extension harness for optimal placement


http://www.maperformance.com/map-air...wrx-4g-in.html





MAP 3" catless or catted J-pipe and mid pipe combo:

Features:

a 3.5" bell mouth to 3" design reduces exhaust restrictions
Made from 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and enhanced appearance
Mandrel bent tubing throughout optimizes exhaust flow
Stainless steel flex section reduces stress from engine movement increasing longevity
Too be used with your oem turbo outlet gasket
304 stainless steel CNC turbo outlet flange


http://www.maperformance.com/map-cat...wrx-4g-dp.html





MAP 3" cat back:

Features:

Mandrel Bent 3" and 2.5" 304SS Construction
Dual Staggered 3" Dual-Wall 304 Tips
Twin Polished 304SS Mufflers
Twin 304SS Resonators



http://www.maperformance.com/map-cat...x-4g-cb-3.html





For tuning, we utalized the stock boost control solenoid for now with the boost pill removed. Seems to be working very well. We are very pleased with the results! These numbers are on 91 octane pump gas:



Stage 1 91 octane compared to our Stage 1 91 octane tune:



And the complete overlay of stock, stage 1, and stage 2:



* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by maperformance; 02-19-2016 at 02:25 PM.
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
raven1231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 427206
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

Default

Parts seem very reasonably priced considering the quality. I'm sure some people will bitch and moan but getting a stage two car with a tune for under 2k with quality parts isn't bad at all!
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #3
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

That will happen. But forum members will get a healthy discount to make it that much more appealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
Parts seem very reasonably priced considering the quality. I'm sure some people will bitch and moan but getting a stage two car with a tune for under 2k with quality parts isn't bad at all!
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
raven1231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 427206
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maperformance View Post
That will happen. But forum members will get a healthy discount to make it that much more appealing
Even better! I'm glad you ended up going with the 3" intake as well. The whole package looks top notch!
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
dsn112
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 332561
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Southern NJ/Philly
Vehicle:
2015 GTI Autobahn
White

Default

did you make a 93 octane tune also?
dsn112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Yes, a 93 tune will be available as well. Expect around 15-20whp on top of these numbers. I just haven't had the time to run it on the dyno yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsn112 View Post
did you make a 93 octane tune also?
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #7
Cisco Kidd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 418558
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Left Coast
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Very good job MAP!! I am interested to know if the down pipe will work w Invidia N1 dual exhaust? Mentioned in item description, may work w other cat backs, email us... Did you create a box for the intake or you guys decided to go without box and is filter medium dry or oiled?

Last edited by Cisco Kidd; 12-22-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Cisco Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #8
_brian_
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 337626
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas, Texas
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

I dunno, stage 2 without ebcs :/

if it works with my corsa catback though I might..
_brian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #9
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

No need for one. The factory works just fine. I think a lot of tuners just don't spend the time. I won't say that a quality EBCS isn't worth it by any means, but I think it's the easier and quicker way out. That is just my opinion. I can see if our tuner can provide some boost curves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _brian_ View Post
I dunno, stage 2 without ebcs :/

if it works with my corsa catback though I might..
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #10
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

I think our "stock exhaust" adapter flange should bolt up to the Invidia. But I would really like to find out for sure! The filters we use are Green Filters. They are lightly oiled, but not as aggressive as I have seen K&N's in the past. At this time we are not going to do any type of air box. But I will see how my car performs this summer. It may be something we look into down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kidd View Post
Very good job MAP!! I am interested to know if the down pipe will work w Invidia N1 dual exhaust? Mentioned in item description, may work w other cat backs, email us... Did you create a box for the intake or you guys decided to go without box and is filter medium dry or oiled?
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #11
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Forgot to add my Stage 2 review...

maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #12
05blacksubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 278729
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DETROIT, MI
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

MAP, What is the eta on the 93 octane stage 2 tune? I understand Y'all are busy and didn't have time to have the car on the dyno as you mentioned. I am anxious to try it out. Should be awesome!
05blacksubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #13
raven1231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 427206
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blacksubie View Post
MAP, What is the eta on the 93 octane stage 2 tune? I understand Y'all are busy and didn't have time to have the car on the dyno as you mentioned. I am anxious to try it out. Should be awesome!
Think it is only for sale/use if you buy their complete stage 2 package. Unless you are getting that, if so disregard this ha ha
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #14
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Not making any promises. But it might actually happen today...

QUOTE=05blacksubie;44051798]MAP, What is the eta on the 93 octane stage 2 tune? I understand Y'all are busy and didn't have time to have the car on the dyno as you mentioned. I am anxious to try it out. Should be awesome![/quote]
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #15
05blacksubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 278729
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DETROIT, MI
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
Think it is only for sale/use if you buy their complete stage 2 package. Unless you are getting that, if so disregard this ha ha
I don't think so. I purchased the stage 1 map from them without buying the Cobb AP. I guess I'll wait and see.
05blacksubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #16
05blacksubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 278729
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DETROIT, MI
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

[quote=maperformance;44051853]Not making any promises. But it might actually happen today...

ok sweet! Please let us know when its complete.
05blacksubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #17
raven1231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 427206
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blacksubie View Post
I don't think so. I purchased the stage 1 map from them without buying the Cobb AP. I guess I'll wait and see.
This is true but stage 1 is on a stock car. Making an OTS map that will work with stage 2 components especially including an intake could prove difficult. If it work I'd be very interested as well, but I don't see it working out well without adjustments.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #18
05blacksubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 278729
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DETROIT, MI
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
This is true but stage 1 is on a stock car. Making an OTS map that will work with stage 2 components especially including an intake could prove difficult. If it work I'd be very interested as well, but I don't see it working out well without adjustments.

True. But I have the same parts installed for my stage 2 setup but different brands. Mishimoto CAI, Catless Invidia Jpipe and Invidia N1 Race Catback. Running a base map from BrenTuning but eager to try MAPs Stage 2 map
05blacksubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #19
raven1231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 427206
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blacksubie View Post
True. But I have the same parts installed for my stage 2 setup but different brands. Mishimoto CAI, Catless Invidia Jpipe and Invidia N1 Race Catback. Running a base map from BrenTuning but eager to try MAPs Stage 2 map
I hear ya me too. I just worry about the intake differences with the maf mostly. Definitely would be awesome if it worked out!
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:43 AM   #20
bodegabay
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 427826
Join Date: Aug 2015
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Limited 6MT
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maperformance View Post

MAP 3" cat back:

Features:

Mandrel Bent 3" and 2.5" 304SS Construction
Dual Staggered 3" Dual-Wall 304 Tips
Twin Polished 304SS Mufflers
Twin 304SS Resonators
Ian,

Is the 3" tips a typo on your website? I could've sworn you noted the tips were 3.5" on your development thread.
bodegabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #21
james-30
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 430450
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indianapolis
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRB

Default

I'm running a P&L 3" catback with grimmspeed 3" catted downpipe. What can I expect from your stage 2 if I ran it along with your intake?
james-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #22
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Yes, it appears so

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodegabay View Post
Ian,

Is the 3" tips a typo on your website? I could've sworn you noted the tips were 3.5" on your development thread.
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #23
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

PM'd you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james-30 View Post
I'm running a P&L 3" catback with grimmspeed 3" catted downpipe. What can I expect from your stage 2 if I ran it along with your intake?
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #24
rexster
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22863
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: The Land of Mary
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CWP

Default

So it looks like there are two different versions depending on the cat back. The 'I have an MAPerformance catback' version which has a flex joint and uses a v-band flange:



And this version appears to be the 'I am using the stock catback' version:


But the second one appears to neck down to 2.5" and doesn't have a flex section. Is there a full 3" version with flex section and standard 3" two bolt flange?

Also, any details or pics of the catted version?

thanks!

Last edited by rexster; 12-30-2015 at 07:33 PM.
rexster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #25
Cisco Kidd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 418558
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Left Coast
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexster View Post
So it looks like there are two different versions depending on the cat back. The 'I have an MAPerformance catback' version which has a flex joint and uses a v-band flange:

And this version appears to be the 'I am using the stock catback' version:

But the second one appears to neck down to 2.5" and doesn't have a flex section. Is there a full 3" version with flex section and standard 3" two bolt flange?

Also, any details or pics of the catted version?

thanks!
I ordered the catted version today to mate to my N1 dual, looking forward to it big time!!
Cisco Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.