Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday February 23, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459508
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 Wrx
Silver

Default 2012 wrx kenwood ddx374bt wiring

Hey guys,

I got the axxess steering wheel control hooked up to the metra harness which plugs into the oem radio harness in the car. Both of these being already hooked up to the harness which leads to the radio

My question is

From the steering wheel control module i have 3 cables that need to be spliced into the cars oem harness because the metra harness omits these.

Green and yellow

Green and black

Black

Pins 4, 13, 14 of the cars oem radio harness are all for the steering controls if im correct

Pin 4 is brown

Pin 13 is blue/white

Pin 14 is yellow

Now which wires from the steering wheel control hook up to which wires from the oem radios harness???

Thanks in advance
Rafaelsoares123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #2
Rafaelsoares123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459508
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 Wrx
Silver

Default 2012 wrx kenwood ddx374bt wiring

Everything worked when i hooked up wires listed in order from the steering wheel control in order to the wires listed from the oem radio harness. But one thing im sketched out about is that i dont know what pin 14 (yellow) is for and why it hooks up to the ground. Im not an expert with wiring but i hope hooking up a yellow cable to ground doesnt cause a battery draw when the cars off.

I had a 130milliamp draw from the battery caused by my aftermarket headunit. Once removed, the draw disappeared. I bought a new headunit and just want to make sure it was the headunit not the wiring that caused the draw.
Rafaelsoares123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
Charlie-III
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 30669
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

I can't answer your question.

This is much better in electrical or stereo.......
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote