Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 25, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-14-2019, 09:48 PM   #76
05lgt6969
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mreed6360 View Post
So, I've amateur tuned a few things before, but not a Subaru. With my budget constraints i ended up buying a Tactrix OpenPort 2. and tuning with Romraider/ecu flash.

this entailed a ton of research, which I enjoyed.
I ended up finding Roms from were my engine should be from (JDM Legacy) and edited the Baja Ecm to replicate the Rom from the JDM Legacy in some areas but not all.

Then I did a ton of data logging, and editing of the "working" rom that i was using. I ocused on "fixing" one part of the tune before moving on to the next.

I had a few areas where i needed to adjust timing, and the MAF scaling needed adjusted for closed and open loop. and I fee l like there s still more to it. But i feel like I have learned a lot along the way.

if you have the budget I highly recommend using a good tuner/dyno time to get your setup dialed in. I was only able to do it on my own because I added a wideband o2 and did a decent amount of data logging and interpretation, and read a bunch of books about engiens and turbo engine operation. It's not for everybody. And while i believe my tune is safe and makes decent power, i think a professional tuner could give more power/ better fueling.

TLDR, I have a day Job, and making fast Subaru's isn't exactly it.
Im hopeful that my ecu is safe to drive this around for a while till i get the money to get it tuned since our motors ar the same but stock hp is different i wont beat on it but i am worried and what injectors did you go with the yellow or the blue?
05lgt6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #77
Mreed6360
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488145
Vehicle:
2005 Baja
Silver?

You should be ok, I would just stay out of high load/ high boost as much as possible until you get tuned.

I can't remember how lean mine was with the stock Baja ecu and with this motor, I started messing with it pretty much as soon as I had it running.

I went with the blue ones that came with the ej20x.

Mostly because I wasn't shooting for more power than stock, and so the larger yellow injectors from the ej255 we're not needed.

Also with my budget/time frame just leaving the JDM injectors in place made sense. I didn't want to have to buy seals, or take any more apart than was absolutely necessary.

If you already have it apart, by all means go with the bigger yellow injectors, it will make your fueling richer which is good.

I kept everything from my ej255, so that if I feel like it later I can add the bigger injectors. But with mine being an automatic I'm not sure if I'll bother with that. I really really like manuals. But didn't have the budget to swap that too.
Mreed6360 is offline   Reply With Quote