Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 21, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #51
lidrew
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 142417
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Dgm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlyearsley View Post
It was about 37K in which I traded in my old truck. So I didn't have to pay the tax on the difference in which I had already had on the truck
Insane deal. I was shopping for months in NY tristate are and had dealers quoting $3k-$4k over MSRP lol! Down to about invoice which is about $37k for a Base with Recaros and no options or $39kish for a limited with no options.
lidrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2021, 01:53 PM   #52
Arcanum_STI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 511103
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI
White

I purchased my 19' STI (Base) brand new 2 years ago. The original MSRP was $38,500.00 but I got the car before Taxes for $35,500.00
Arcanum_STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #53
GoFrogs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507317
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
Pure Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanum_STI View Post
I purchased my 19' STI (Base) brand new 2 years ago. The original MSRP was $38,500.00 but I got the car before Taxes for $35,500.00
I got a '19 base WRX...now, 18 months on, I wish I had went with the '19 base STi instead...I didn't want a sunroof, NAV, or leather...

For the price of a Limited WRX, the Base STi is the better way to go.

Sure, neither car is perfect, but the WRX has many more flaws/shortcomings in the drive line and suspension that the STi is just the better car.

EJ motor (an its flaws) aside, the STi has a better foot in the door. The FA20 in my WRX isn't horrible, but it needs more molesting to really wake it up.
GoFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:57 AM   #54
apoops
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490609

OP here again...

Yesterday, I picked up a '20 CWP Base STi w/STS, All Weather floor liners and cargo mat, auto-dimming mirrors w/homelink, and bumper appliqué. MSRP of $39,066; selling price of $34,454, taxes not included. I was able to apply an ambassador coupon of $500 as well. Bringing the actual selling price to $33,954.

So far, I'm liking it. I've only put ~10 miles on since bringing it home. Lots I need to learn about the car... IMO, the car looks GORGEOUS in this color!!! I especially love the looks from the rear corners. Taking it in early this week to get 35% tints all around. I love the contrast provided by white cars with dark/black accents.

Other items I'm thinking of adding right now are STi shift-knob and mud-flaps/splash guards.

Also, gotta figure out how to get the best out of 1st and 2nd gears. Can the Cobb AP help with this? I'm not looking for xtra power, not yet. Just looking for a way to smooth out and optimize the power delivery throughout all the gears.

I've been thinking about the STi for 3 years. It's an itch I sorely NEEDED to scratch. Otherwise, I was not going to stop thinking about it. TBH, I think I'm probably going to drive it for the next year, have a boatload of fun driving it this Summer and sell it. Given what I paid for it, I'm thinking I'll break even or enjoy a smidgen of equity when the time comes...

Thanks to all and I appreciate any insight or tips into minor mods that don't go beyond stage 1 stuff.
apoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:01 PM   #55
Akrexak
Scooby Guru

Member#: 100607
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2019 STI-His
14 XT-Hers

Congrats on the purchase! Have fun!
Akrexak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #56
gtlyearsley
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 501308
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2020 STI
620ish whp (#mikeytuned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoops View Post
OP here again...

Yesterday, I picked up a '20 CWP Base STi w/STS, All Weather floor liners and cargo mat, auto-dimming mirrors w/homelink, and bumper appliqué. MSRP of $39,066; selling price of $34,454, taxes not included. I was able to apply an ambassador coupon of $500 as well. Bringing the actual selling price to $33,954.

So far, I'm liking it. I've only put ~10 miles on since bringing it home. Lots I need to learn about the car... IMO, the car looks GORGEOUS in this color!!! I especially love the looks from the rear corners. Taking it in early this week to get 35% tints all around. I love the contrast provided by white cars with dark/black accents.

Other items I'm thinking of adding right now are STi shift-knob and mud-flaps/splash guards.

Also, gotta figure out how to get the best out of 1st and 2nd gears. Can the Cobb AP help with this? I'm not looking for xtra power, not yet. Just looking for a way to smooth out and optimize the power delivery throughout all the gears.

I've been thinking about the STi for 3 years. It's an itch I sorely NEEDED to scratch. Otherwise, I was not going to stop thinking about it. TBH, I think I'm probably going to drive it for the next year, have a boatload of fun driving it this Summer and sell it. Given what I paid for it, I'm thinking I'll break even or enjoy a smidgen of equity when the time comes...

Thanks to all and I appreciate any insight or tips into minor mods that don't go beyond stage 1 stuff.
CWP is a great color especially after a ceramic or good polish/wax to make the pearl pop. My 19 WRX was CWP. As far as the rev hang the stage 1 will get rid of a lot of it. But to completely remedy it would require a new FPR. Enjoy the STI as I have a 20 as well
gtlyearsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:35 AM   #57
carsebuco
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 482289
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Contrats op. Great color and great price.

One thing I'd also suggest is to get a front shift bushing, it'll help with 1 and 2 but specially with 3rd (you'll see when you start doing pulls). Otherwise, congrats!
carsebuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #58
super_subie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344431
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2020 STI
CWP

limited or bust...dont be a peasant!!! j/k
super_subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:52 AM   #59
BonesisWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523586

go for the best
BonesisWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #60
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2021 Building
It Better

That's a very good deal.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:04 PM   #61
Arcanum_STI
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI
White

I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new 2021 STI Limited Black Wingless today. I am so excited I am trading in my 2019 STI Base with 26,000 miles. My 2021 STI Limited is in transit & will arrive in 15 days. Super Excited!!
Old 04-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #62
carsebuco
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 482289
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanum_STI View Post
I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new 2021 STI Limited Black Wingless today. I am so excited I am trading in my 2019 STI Base with 26,000 miles. My 2021 STI Limited is in transit & will arrive in 15 days. Super Excited!!
Can I ask you why?
carsebuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #63
Arcanum_STI
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsebuco View Post
Can I ask you why?

Why not? I got a amazing deal on the 2021 Limited plus a very good offer trade in for my 19' STI. Since 2021 is the last year of the EJ until the next-gen I figured I might as well trade up..