Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-23-2018, 01:23 AM   #26
Valarius Starchaser
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459312
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Hybrid 6MT Swapped WRB

do what you want to regulate the air its just easier not walking 20 ft to confirm your pressure

look at it this way guys run 40psi on big turbos and its fine so if your tunes peak boost is 9 then go to 12psi etc etc

theres also several lines you need to block off and remove the oil filler cap if your not confident doing it solo get someone to help you that goes with anything automotive actually

PS fill in your profile maybe I live 30 miles away and could help you out for some zaaaa
Valarius Starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2018, 02:29 AM   #27
chris16371
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491571
Vehicle:
2003 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarius Starchaser View Post
do what you want to regulate the air its just easier not walking 20 ft to confirm your pressure

look at it this way guys run 40psi on big turbos and its fine so if your tunes peak boost is 9 then go to 12psi etc etc

theres also several lines you need to block off and remove the oil filler cap if your not confident doing it solo get someone to help you that goes with anything automotive actually

PS fill in your profile maybe I live 30 miles away and could help you out for some zaaaa
I knew about the oil fill cap but didn't know of the other lines that need blocked. I guess I'll need to find a detailed instruction procedure or something so I can figure it out.
chris16371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #28
chris16371
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 WRX

Waiting for the car to cool down and then will be doing boost leak test.

I discovered my power steering pump is leaking quite a bit, leaving pools of atf. This was just replaced also bc the last one failed.

I also discovered on the purge valve that 2 sides of the same hose slide very easy on and off, you touch it and it moves. Would this trigger the CEL P0171?
Old 09-24-2018, 12:11 AM   #29
chris16371
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 WRX

I performed the test this evening. When I was removing some hoses I noticed the one from the purge valve to manifold moved around a lot with no effort so when I was done with the test I put hose clamps on them. I did find a leak, I'll have to get a pic of it bc I'm not sure of the part but it was a hose toward the back passenger side, kind of in front/under the top mount intercooler and it went under, and connected to what looked like a plastic part. I could not see where it was connected below but I could hear and feel the air, I put soapy water on to make sure and it bubbled right from the end of the hose like the clamp wasn't tight enough. I tightened the clamp but unfortunately didn't have time to make sure it solved the leak bc it became dark. I'll have to do another test to make sure it's good. I cleared the P0171 and going to see if it comes back on. Drove the car and it seemed like it had so much more power and was hitting over 15psi of boost where before I was staying around 12psi at the same rpms/speed.

My AF Correction 1 numbers were staying very high, 18%-25% even at idle. I pulled over and shut car off and my idle went back to normal staying between -1.48% to 2%. Seems 45 mph and under I stay around 7%-12% but over 45 my numbers are the same as before. The car doesn't seem to have any symptoms, little surge at cold start. Idles perfect when warm, power is there, no hesitations or anything. Just confused why my numbers remain high. Should I stay right around 8% even when going up hills, around corners, etc? Should I never see numbers as high as I'm getting?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk