Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 19, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
gould9184
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37503
Vehicle:
2006 Saab 92X Aero
Midnight Black

Default Stage II with Prodrive axleback? Has to be full 3"?

Hey guys...

I just purchased a 2006 Cobb Accessport for MT. Currently I am running a Prodrive axleback. For my DP, I wanted to either go with the 05 gutted downpipe and third cat pipes or just the 3rd cat gutted and a shorty DP such as a Bosal or Stromung.

So today, I called Cobb and asked if I could run the stock pipes gutted. Their tech support guy told me not to. So I asked if I can use a shorty DP and a gutted 3rd cat. He again said no. He said the exhaust needs to be a full 3".

I told him I am running a Prodrive axleback and stock intermediate pipe. I asked if I could still use these, and again he said no. This doesn't seem right to me. I know there are people out there running a Prodrive axleback with Stage II. Could any of you chime in here? Is he just being super cautious? Do I really need to have a full 3" exhaust?

What if I just ran the 91 octane map to be safe?

I have no idea what to do next, so any help is greatly appreciated.

(I don't have a lot of extra money now so I can't afford a Cobb TBE).
gould9184 is offline   Reply With Quote