Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 19, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-08-2020, 11:55 PM   #1
Fishie31
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 366436
Vehicle:
2020 WRX STI
WR Blue

Default Map not switching auto switching to night mode

So apparently this is a hidden feature?? My 2020 Limited STI head unit has these issues:

1. Android Auto not automatically switching to night mode in Maps at night. OK, I enabled the developer option and manually switched that. I'll find out if it works tomorrow or not during the day because it would suck if it was stuck in night mode. (My Google Pixel 2 has dark theme enabled by default, but somehow it changes to light whenever I connect it to Android Auto). This might be a Google thing. Eh....I'll deal with that.

2. This is on the stock head unit without the phone connected. I would have to change my cabin dimmer switch to 1 click below the brightest in order for my map to change to a night color scheme. Or else it is like 1000000 suns in my eyes at night. I can manually turn off auto-brightness and it would change to night, but I don't want to have to manually do that since there are days where I would drive until it gets dark, and I don't want to be messing with my screen while I am driving. The threads where I found this information dates back as far as 2015.

Did Subaru ever release an update for this and I somehow missed it?? Or is this one of those "hidden" features.
Fishie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2020, 01:31 AM   #2
THX0849
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507139

It's a Google thing, same on my Pixel 2 and more my OnePlus 7t. Yes you gave to set the dimmer to 1 click below max for the day/night change to happen.
THX0849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #3
Fishie31
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 366436
Vehicle:
2020 WRX STI
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX0849 View Post
It's a Google thing, same on my Pixel 2 and more my OnePlus 7t. Yes you gave to set the dimmer to 1 click below max for the day/night change to happen.
It's not a major problem but I am still annoyed how this "feature" slipped through lol.
Fishie31 is offline   Reply With Quote