Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 16, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #51
open1your1eyes0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479997
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited CVT
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

Looks like Subaru officially released Series.Gray photos today! (added same to OP)

Source -
https://twitter.com/subaru_usa/status/1003263919052525568







* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
open1your1eyes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #52
JGTSTI727
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486731
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default

wow, 2019 STI is getting same engine upgrades as Type RAís.
JGTSTI727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #53
jd14
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 486732
Join Date: Jun 2018
Default

sweet ride...im buying 3 of them
jd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #54
shadowsports
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 446364
Join Date: May 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Nor Cal
Vehicle:
'17 STI LMT '08 LGT
DGM / QSM

Default

Not trading my DGM for fairy blue, I mean series gray, but someone else can go for it.

Staying where I'm at until Subaru finally makes a real FA motor with no less than 350HP in the STI. That's worth waiting for.
shadowsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #55
booSTid scooby12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310939
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: chicago burbs, IL
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsports View Post
Not trading my DGM for fairy blue, I mean series gray, but someone else can go for it.

Staying where I'm at until Subaru finally makes a real FA motor with no less than 350HP in the STI. That's worth waiting for.
Good luck with that.
booSTid scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:58 AM   #56
vinnyc3nzo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 485759
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midwest
Default

Does anyone know if they can order one for me with a down payment if i want to lease it? I donít want to go to the dealership to ask this and then look dumb and have them try to take advantage of me
vinnyc3nzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #57
open1your1eyes0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479997
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited CVT
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

So I placed a preorder with my dealer this weekend for a 2019 WRX Limited (CVT with Eyesight) and with all the following options below and I was quoted $35,964 (before tax/title/license/financing etc...). This price is $500 under invoice and I am local and I will pickup from the dealer so no extra costs there.
  • Option Package (Code 24) - (Navigation System + Audio w /Harman Kardonģ Amplifier and Speakers + Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic Alert + Reverse Auto Brake + High Beam Assist)
  • Alloy Wheel Locks
  • Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass & HomeLink
  • Cargo Net
  • Cargo Tray
  • Interior Illumination Kit (Red) (Footwell Lighting)
  • Rear Bumper Applique
  • Remote Engine Starter
  • Side Sill Plates
  • STI Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim
  • STI Leather Shift Knob (CVT)
  • Vortex Generator
I was also hoping to order the factory STI Front Under Spoiler (front lip) and Side Window Visors but the dealer rep told me apparently there is a concern with those two parts scraping when on the trucks so Subaru does not allow them to be order pre-configured on the cars any longer (only can get it after delivery). ETA is around September as they will likely put the orders officially in 2-3 weeks from now (remember these are only preorders).

Have officially added my info to the spreadsheet as well now.
open1your1eyes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #58
Techie Will
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 76687
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Danville, Kentucky
Vehicle:
2017 WRX STI HUS02
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by open1your1eyes0 View Post
I was also hoping to order the factory STI Front Under Spoiler (front lip) and Side Window Visors but the dealer rep told me apparently there is a concern with those two parts scraping when on the trucks so Subaru does not allow them to be order pre-configured on the cars any longer (only can get it after delivery). ETA is around September as they will likely put the orders officially in 2-3 weeks from now (remember these are only preorders).

Have officially added my info to the spreadsheet as well now.
If you're handy with a drill, installing the front lip isn't a big deal at home. Just need to get the front on ramps or jackstands, then use the included template that comes with the lip to line everything up. I recommend drilling a pilot hole and then stepping up in two increments to the size needed. I installed my own and felt pretty bad about drilling my brand new vehicle, but it was well worth it.
Techie Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #59
open1your1eyes0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479997
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited CVT
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
If you're handy with a drill, installing the front lip isn't a big deal at home. Just need to get the front on ramps or jackstands, then use the included template that comes with the lip to line everything up. I recommend drilling a pilot hole and then stepping up in two increments to the size needed. I installed my own and felt pretty bad about drilling my brand new vehicle, but it was well worth it.
Wow I'm actually surprised even the OEM one requires drilling. You would think as it's classified as an accessory it should just snap-on or have bolt holes designed for them at stock. Hmm anyhow I heard that are tricky but I think I should be able to manage. Good point on the pilot hole idea.
open1your1eyes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #60
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 473831
Join Date: Sep 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyc3nzo View Post
Does anyone know if they can order one for me with a down payment if i want to lease it? I donít want to go to the dealership to ask this and then look dumb and have them try to take advantage of me
The 3 dealerships I was dealing with all said they could order one with whatever specs I wanted to lease. Hatfield Subaru in Columbus found one for me and went and picked it up in Indiana. They said that if they had not have found that one, they would've ordered it for me for a $250 deposit.
Slim_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #61
SubiCrisp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486640
Join Date: May 2018
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2019 STI Limited
CWP

Default

Went to my local NJ dealership as well and pre-ordered an STI Limited. I added the following options:

- Short Shifter
- Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Tray
- Armrest extension
- Body side molding
- Bumper applique
- Wheel Locks
- Footwell illumination (Blue)
- Dome light LED upgrade
- Side Sill Plates

They initially priced at $41,858 and they dropped it down to $41,333 after I said another dealer quoted me with $500 below invoice (for reference, MSRP with the options chosen on the website comes to $43,638). This is of course before tax/fees/extended warranty, etc.

What was interesting from my experience was that as I tried to bring down the price to an even $41k, I asked if I removed a few of the options I could get to my preferred number. They said no, as it didn't work that way with options. I found this a bit strange, especially since some of these accessories are fairly pricey.

This is the first time I buy a brand new car and my first subi so not sure if this normal, if all Subaru dealerships follow the same method or simply my inexperience when it comes to buying new cars at the dealership. If it is the case that most options are included in the "predefined" price, maybe it can help folks get more options without inflating the price.
SubiCrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #62
transmutation
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467769
Join Date: May 2017
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubiCrisp View Post
Went to my local NJ dealership as well and pre-ordered an STI Limited. I added the following options:

- Short Shifter
- Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Tray
- Armrest extension
- Body side molding
- Bumper applique
- Wheel Locks
- Footwell illumination (Blue)
- Dome light LED upgrade
- Side Sill Plates

They initially priced at $41,858 and they dropped it down to $41,333 after I said another dealer quoted me with $500 below invoice (for reference, MSRP with the options chosen on the website comes to $43,638). This is of course before tax/fees/extended warranty, etc.

What was interesting from my experience was that as I tried to bring down the price to an even $41k, I asked if I removed a few of the options I could get to my preferred number. They said no, as it didn't work that way with options. I found this a bit strange, especially since some of these accessories are fairly pricey.

This is the first time I buy a brand new car and my first subi so not sure if this normal, if all Subaru dealerships follow the same method or simply my inexperience when it comes to buying new cars at the dealership. If it is the case that most options are included in the "predefined" price, maybe it can help folks get more options without inflating the price.
huh that's weird. Assuming that they actually placed a specific order for you I believe you can make modifications to addons for a few days/weeks. I did on mine anyway. Sounds like either the dealer is just trying to keep the price higher or already had the car on order with those options and are just allocating it to you.

Side note: if you can indeed make modifications to your order you may want to consider getting the armrest extension after the fact as the factory one replaces the matching alcantara top with a rubbery plastic one. Its an easy mode. Check out subbiespeed or one of the aftermarket sites.
transmutation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #63
BHOD
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 463264
Join Date: Feb 2017
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Quťbec
Vehicle:
2018 WRX sport, 6MT
crystal BLACK silica

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmutation View Post
Side note: if you can indeed make modifications to your order you may want to consider getting the armrest extension after the fact as the factory one replaces the matching alcantara top with a rubbery plastic one. Its an easy mode. Check out subbiespeed or one of the aftermarket sites.
You highlighted a good point.

BHOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #64
SubiCrisp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 486640
Join Date: May 2018
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2019 STI Limited
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOD View Post
You highlighted a good point.
Thanks transmutation and merci BHOD for the info. I was actually thinking of getting the truck trim as well, I'll call the dealership to see if it's possible to change some options with no extra fees.
SubiCrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #65
BHOD
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 463264
Join Date: Feb 2017
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Quťbec
Vehicle:
2018 WRX sport, 6MT
crystal BLACK silica

Default

Quote:
- Dome light LED upgrade
I rather suggest these:

https://www.prolightz.com/subaru/imp...i-led-kit.html

The 2018 WRX-STI LED Package includes:

2 map light bulbs
2 sun visor bulbs
1 Dome light bulb
2 License plate bulbs
1 Trunk / cargo area bulb
BHOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:36 AM   #66
vinnyc3nzo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 485759
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Jim View Post
The 3 dealerships I was dealing with all said they could order one with whatever specs I wanted to lease. Hatfield Subaru in Columbus found one for me and went and picked it up in Indiana. They said that if they had not have found that one, they would've ordered it for me for a $250 deposit.


Thanks,
i guess what i meant was if i would like to lease one, could the dealership and I agree on lease terms before even if the car isnít here until september?
vinnyc3nzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #67
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 473831
Join Date: Sep 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyc3nzo View Post
Thanks,
i guess what i meant was if i would like to lease one, could the dealership and I agree on lease terms before even if the car isnít here until september?
Typically, you can talk to them about what you would like to do, but they won't let you sign anything until the car is at the dealer and you have been there in person to look over the car. We verbally agreed on the 36 month, 12K miles/year price, but didn't sign. In my case they wouldn't let me do anything except the deposit and credit app until I was in person and inspected the car. Everything else up to that point was through text and email. I think it has to do with liability and warranty, if for whatever reason the car doesn't meet you expectation, you're not locked in to take it.
Slim_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #68
vinnyc3nzo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 485759
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Jim View Post
Typically, you can talk to them about what you would like to do, but they won't let you sign anything until the car is at the dealer and you have been there in person to look over the car. We verbally agreed on the 36 month, 12K miles/year price, but didn't sign. In my case they wouldn't let me do anything except the deposit and credit app until I was in person and inspected the car. Everything else up to that point was through text and email. I think it has to do with liability and warranty, if for whatever reason the car doesn't meet you expectation, you're not locked in to take it.


Okay thanks for the thorough answer I appreciate it. Really helpful.
vinnyc3nzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #69
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 473831
Join Date: Sep 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyc3nzo View Post
Okay thanks for the thorough answer I appreciate it. Really helpful.
Any time! Good luck with the car...Have you decided on which model or color yet?
Slim_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #70
vinnyc3nzo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 485759
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Jim View Post
Any time! Good luck with the car...Have you decided on which model or color yet?


Yeah my first choice is to try to get a hold of the series gray wrx (i donít love the color but i donít hate it either) but if i canít get a hold of one of those then my second choice is to get a premium with the performance package is CWP.

How about you, what color and spec?
vinnyc3nzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #71
rtv900
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 428511
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: philadelphia
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyc3nzo View Post
(i donít love the color but i donít hate it either)
your going to buy a new car in a color that you just don't hate?
rtv900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #72
vinnyc3nzo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 485759
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
your going to buy a new car in a color that you just don't hate?


Well, personally iím not picky about colors and imho i think this car would resell for a few thousand more just because itís ďlimited editionĒ and what not.
vinnyc3nzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #73
Slim_Jim
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 473831
Join Date: Sep 2017
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyc3nzo View Post
Yeah my first choice is to try to get a hold of the series gray wrx (i donít love the color but i donít hate it either) but if i canít get a hold of one of those then my second choice is to get a premium with the performance package is CWP.

How about you, what color and spec?
I ended up getting a 2018 STI Limited in Lapis Blue Pearl and absolutely love the car. Handles great and so far, everything else is awesome! Still learning how it drives and all of the features, but I've only had it a month and been working a lot so haven't had much time with it.
So far, I love everything about this car.
Slim_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #74
vinnyc3nzo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 485759
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Jim View Post
I ended up getting a 2018 STI Limited in Lapis Blue Pearl and absolutely love the car. Handles great and so far, everything else is awesome! Still learning how it drives and all of the features, but I've only had it a month and been working a lot so haven't had much time with it.

So far, I love everything about this car.


Thatís awesome, LBP is really unique. I really wanted to get a STI but i couldnít get payments under $350 even with putting more than I should down on the lease. I have two questions for you if you donít mind me asking, (donít answer if you donít want to)

What weíre the lease terms for it? (final invoice, Monthly, down payment, money factor you received and the residual?)

Is insurance drastically more expensive that a WRX?

Those were my only concerns on getting an STI, but from what I understand is that, if i lease a MY19 STI my monthlyís would be lower because the residual would be higher. So iím not entirely sure what my best option is here.
vinnyc3nzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:36 PM   #75
BHOD
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 463264
Join Date: Feb 2017
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Quťbec
Vehicle:
2018 WRX sport, 6MT
crystal BLACK silica

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyc3nzo View Post
Thatís awesome, LBP is really unique. I really wanted to get a STI but i couldnít get payments under $350 even with putting more than I should down on the lease. I have two questions for you if you donít mind me asking, (donít answer if you donít want to)

What weíre the lease terms for it? (final invoice, Monthly, down payment, money factor you received and the residual?)

Is insurance drastically more expensive that a WRX?

Those were my only concerns on getting an STI, but from what I understand is that, if i lease a MY19 STI my monthlyís would be lower because the residual would be higher. So iím not entirely sure what my best option is here.
IMO, it's not a good idea to put cash down on a lease. If something happen and you want/need to get rid of your lease contract your cash down is very difficult to get refund. Also, you better keep your money in your pocket as you don't save much money in credits charge anyway.
BHOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.