Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 20, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Tri-State Area Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Tri-State Area Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
dudas28
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 257744
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatch Prem
Lightning Red

Default Reputable Wheel Balance/Tire Install shop

Any recommendations on reputable wheel balance shop preferably road force balance. Have some issues with my Continental Extremecontact DWS06 tires. Looks like they develop flat spots and vibrate at all speed, more when tires are cold in the morning. Replaced tires for the third time right now and still not satisfied. I am in central jersey, Trenton area.
Thanks
dudas28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
rexworx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 103232
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
GTX 3071R'd 11WRX
PPG,4.44,LSD,E85,6spdx3

FAP Auto.
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #3
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

AZP has a brand new road force machine. Not exactly around the corner from you but maybe an hour or so drive on a Saturday.
BTW I have the same tires on my '15, just got them recently, and yes they tend to flat-spot overnight as have most of the UHP-AS tires I've had but then they're fine after a few highway miles. If you've got constant all-speed vibration something's up, AZP should be able to help you figure it out.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
dudas28
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatch Prem
Lightning Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
AZP has a brand new road force machine. Not exactly around the corner from you but maybe an hour or so drive on a Saturday.
BTW I have the same tires on my '15, just got them recently, and yes they tend to flat-spot overnight as have most of the UHP-AS tires I've had but then they're fine after a few highway miles. If you've got constant all-speed vibration something's up, AZP should be able to help you figure it out.
Thanks Guys. AZP is a bit of a hike but if i can cure my problem i don't mind driving. Having michelins before was a different story, much better than continentals. i did one road force balance on the previous set at the dealer. That didn't help but at the same time i have the feeling that road force was never implemented, just regular balance.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #5
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Get in touch with AZP and discuss it with them, see what they say then decide if you're up for the trip. You will definitely get the RF balance and if there is anything wrong with the wheel/tire combo they should be able to find it.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #6
Charlie-III
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 30669
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

Quote:
Agreed, some tires "take a set" (you say flat spot....semantics) fairly quickly. I have run a few sets of the old DWS, currently have a set of DWS06.
I will say, on non ABS cars, locking the brakes WILL tear chunks out of the DWS.
Three choices.....live with it (no way), shave to round, replace.

To the OP, tires "taking a set" is either long term sitting in one place (month or more) or cold temps. Since we are in similar weather, cold is not it.
Charlie-III is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
rexworx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 103232
Vehicle:
GTX 3071R'd 11WRX
PPG,4.44,LSD,E85,6spdx3

Quote:
I didnt know Mike has this now. Good too know!!!
rexworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #8
dudas28
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatch Prem
Lightning Red

Thanks guys again. I am in contact with AZP and try to work something out.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #9
weitau
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 259080

Let us know how it works out!

For those on Long Island looking to mount tires, please stay away from RCT Performance. Their Yelp reviews are 100% fake.
weitau is offline   Reply With Quote