Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-07-2001, 07:29 PM   #1
STORER
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2253
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
Red

Post Attn. Ohio people, Anyone Going To The Ohio Milk Run Rally?

Saturday May 19 gravel TSD rally in Tuscarawas and Coshocton counties. Hope to see a few other Subarus there. BTW this rally will go into the night, so better have your Hella's ready.

Steve
STORER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2001, 06:55 AM   #2
Crashton
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3808
Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT!!!
Crystal Gray Metallic

Wink

Who is puting the rally on? Is it TVTC? I used to rally with them in my youth. Great roads down there. Maybe I'll drag myself down there & practice my hand brake turns.

Chuck
Crashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 01:15 PM   #3
STORER
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
Red

I've never herd of TVTC. This is a SCCA rally. Hope you can make it. More info is on www.scca.org

Steve
Old 05-08-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Crashton
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT!!!
Crystal Gray Metallic

Steve,TVTC was short for the Tuscawarus Valley Touring Club. I rallied with them in the late seventys thru mid eightys. They were a good bunch of people. I moved to Columbus, started running Pro Rally & less TSD then I took my turn at racing & lost track of those folks. If you ask any old timer rallyists in NeOhio I'm sure they remember them. I tried the SCCA link. I got to the NeOhio web page, but the link to the rally stuff seems to be broken. Can you tell me where & when this rally starts.

Thanks
Chuck
Old 05-08-2001, 02:54 PM   #5
STORER
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
Red

The rally starts at the Holiday Inn/Texas Steakhouse on route 39, 1/4 mile east of I-77 at Exit 81 (New Philadelphia/Uhrichville)

I'm not exactly sure where I'm going, but that is why there are maps. Hope this helps. Oh! registration is between 12:30-2:00pm and the first car is out at 2:31 pm.

Steve
Old 05-08-2001, 03:53 PM   #6
Subie Blues
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6438
Vehicle:
01 RS
BRP

Angry

I "intend to attend" just got my GI by e-mail. Was at the last one starting at SoutPark. Maybe out of the country for work though.
Subie Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 05:07 PM   #7
Crashton
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT!!!
Crystal Gray Metallic

Thanks Steve, that's what I was looking for.
See you there if I can dodge work.

Chuck
Old 05-08-2001, 07:35 PM   #8
STORER
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
Red

Look forward to meeting both of you (Subie Blues and Crashton). Hey Subie Blues, how was the Ides of March Rally. I was all set to go, but my work sent me out of town.

Steve
Old 05-09-2001, 09:59 AM   #9
Subie Blues
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6438
Vehicle:
01 RS
BRP

Thumbs up

Ides was a good time. My first TSD. Got lost twice, cost us on three check points. Had one good leg of 9points. There was also a silver sedan running which might make the Milk Run.
I have a whiteline Adj. Sway-bar coming which I hope gets delivered before then. Just bought cheapo mudflaps to keep the stones down. How bad/good are the roads? See-ya there.
Subie Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 02:40 PM   #10
STORER
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
Red

I haven't done this rally before, but I understand the roads are gravel and dirt. So it should be pretty fun. If you get the adjustable sway bar, set it for 18mm or you might spin your car on the loose gravel.

Steve
Old 05-11-2001, 09:56 PM   #11
AllTrac
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6526
Unfortunately, Tuscarawas Valley Touring Club (TVTC) disbanded a few years ago. NeOhio Region SCCA (www.neohio-scca.org) is trying to rebuild a viable TSD rally program. Both the May 19th "Milk Run" and the October 6th "JAR" will make extensive use of the wonderful gravel roads in east-central Ohio. Hope to see all of you there.

Greg Lester
AllTrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 02:49 PM   #12
AllTrac
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6526
Teams using Subaru Imprezas made a good showing at yesterday's Ohio Milk Run:

1st Overall: Dan Coughnour & Joe Andreini, '02 WRX
2nd Overall: Greg Lester & Ken Swarm, '98 2.5RS
1st Stock Class: Steve Torer & Dominic Cacolici, '00 2.5RS
1st Novice: Brenda & Fred Bellito, '01 2.5RS

The rally was a blast. Rallymaster Ron Johnstonbaugh made good use of the lovely gravel roads in Tuscarawas, Coshocton & Guernsey counties. Lots of twisty, hilly roads, and brisk speeds. Unfortunately, heavy rains in the week leading up to the rally forced a last minute re-route around one or two roads. There were some VERY interesting muddy stretches in shaded areas. In all, great rally. Hope to see more of you there next year. For more Ohio rally information look at the NEOHIO Region SCCA website (www.neohio-scca.org).
AllTrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 03:24 PM   #13
STORER
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
Red

I had lots of fun (even though I lost my cookies 3/4 of the way through). I can't believe my co-driver and I came in first in stock, I'm really proud of that. This was a really challanging rally, exspecially the last part that CAST 25. Some parts were more like pro rally than TSD. It was nice meeting everyone. I should be posting some pics tomarrow.

Steve