Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 30, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
emyselfandi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83701
Default 95 legacy fan just stopped working????

i'm in need of some help here... The heater/ac fan just stopped working.. I've checked the fuses and they all seem fine. I checked both the fuses inside the car and in the engine bay. I checked everything related to a/c, heater, fan, etc. They all look fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Prior to it not working the fan worked fine. I'm not sure what could have caused it or where to start looking...

It's a 95 legacy LSI. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim
emyselfandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
Jonathan
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4021
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT Ltd
Quick Silver Metallic

Maybe the coolant temperature sensour went "Bad" ?

EDIT: Opps ! You didnt mean the radiator fan... you really meant the "blower motor" ?
If its the blower motor itself you could try replacing it with a new one... or you could try giving your older blower motor 12 volts, and see if it spins when voltage is applied directly to the terminals. My GUESS is the motor has likely seized up...

2nd EDIT: Many blower motors use a series of resisters along with the fan switch positions so that depending on the switch setting the fan blows at low, medium, medium high, or high speeds. Sometimes the blower motor itself maybe fine, but if the resisters melt down and no longer conduct electricity, then no mater what the switch setting, the blower motor, if it isnt getting any voltage, wont be blowing any air through the ventilation system. In this situation, maybe it might make sense to replace the burnt out resistors.

Last edited by Jonathan; 11-19-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
Jonathan
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4021
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT Ltd
Quick Silver Metallic

Any progress to report ?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote