Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 20, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Theclerk95
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500640
Vehicle:
2001 legacy b4

Default MAF Calibration needed?

Hello everyone,

I was just looking for some help on figuring out issues I have been having with my car since I got it dyno tuned back in June. The car is an 01 legacy b4 twin turbo with a stock ecu tuned using project lambda tuning software.

Issues started when I couldn't get to my 7000rpm redline, which turns out the shop had accidentally lowered my redline to 6500. Reset the limiter back to 7000rpm. This was after I was told by them that it couldn't be the tune and was told to change my coilpacks and plugs.

Fast forward to August and the car has issues with hesitation and goes into almost a limp mode intermittently. I notice that when running"good" i get 18psi on secondary turbo in 1st and 2nd gear but in 3rd it spikes up to 22 and then tapers. Everytime this happens there is no CEL but a stored code 23 for the MAF sensor. Have tried replacing the MAF, replacing the o2 sensor, smoke tested for leaks and checked all solenoids and the MAP sensor and all is good.

I decided to look at my tune, and I noticed that my MAF calibration has been changed when the car is hitting boost, and me not knowing anything about tuning thought that maf calibration was only changed when running a bigger/aftermarket intake. My car has a fuel pump, full decat exhaust, and has been switched to a fmic with a recirculating bov, but is still running a factory maf and maf housing, so should the calibration not still be the same instead of being altered? and could this possibly be the issue I have been having with the car throwing the maf code and the occasional issue with hesitation?

Thanks for any help in advance, as I really don't know much with tuning, and am just trying everything to get to the bottom of this issue.
Theclerk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2019, 04:40 AM   #2
GHS-TUNING
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506471

have you changed the sizing of intake/piping or anything before the MAF sensor?
GHS-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #3
Theclerk95
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2001 legacy b4

no the intake has a hard pipe instead of the accordion piece and that is the same diameter. tried switching it back to the stock calibration and that didn't end up solving my issue
Old 10-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
GHS-TUNING
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506471

can you post a datalog?
GHS-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Theclerk95
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2001 legacy b4

don't see an option to attach files but here is the link to the thread I had on legacygt. Have a few logs posted on there if you don't mind giving a look

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...ke-280469.html